Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Rickyd863, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 01, 2010, 01:19 PM
USA, KY, Louisville/Jefferson County
Joined Feb 2010
30 Posts
Discussion
June 1st

Last few days I have tried to practice on the trex. I have actually got it into the air a few feet. It, of course , starts moving in a counter circle so i try to correct. A few times i have over-corrected and a few times i could see results that were good. I have immediately set it down and tried again. It seems , to me , that i am getting more used to the controls becasue everytime i have set it down, it has been in the upright position. I mean it has not tried to lean in one direction or another. it has been a controlled landing. Since i have replaced a number of parts on the trex, i would rate this past weekend a sucess in learning. i have taken one more step. I am welling to take my time because i know this will be something i will enjoy. A friend of mine is trying to fly also ,but he is of the opinion that if he can get it into the air, then he is flying. BUT he has trouble in landing. He says that he wants to fly 3d and thinks that , at a snap of the fingers, that he can do it. Now he is getting tired of it because he is starting to have to apply himself to it if he wants to continue because it is starting to cost now.. I think i will stick to my way. slow but sure.

I have also taken on another project. My landing gear has broken 3 times on my cx3. I am building some landing gear out of aluminum tubing, bar, and some carbon fiber tubes. I will also lower the battery holder because it is a (** )to get into if you have fat fingers...

Oh...the matter with the motor and esc being hot was solved... The canopy i am using is a generic plastic one and does not have the opening in the bottom under the esc..I used my trusty dremel and solved this and this in turn solved the starting and heating problem...
Rickyd863 is offline Find More Posts by Rickyd863
Last edited by Rickyd863; Jun 01, 2010 at 09:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts