HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 01, 2010, 05:56 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,988 Posts
Help!
Good first time tri or quad copter build design?

What is a good fairly simple first time tri or quad copter design for someone getting into tri/quads? Something that can be built and flown fairly easily for a basic entry level?

Seems the tri-copters are the simpliest but seem to be a number of different projects around.

Any that most would suggest that are good starting points with good details and notes?

Bascially looking for a good first step into this from fixed wing for a DIY approach.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2010, 01:06 PM
Member FPV UK
Isle of Wight, UK
Joined Apr 2010
729 Posts
As a trinewb myself I would suggest the Tricopters along the Signguy model wis the way to go. Read the threads as all you need is there.

I have bmy own build thread over on Heliguy which s the history of my new venture form scratch after readign the threads here.

Mike.
IWCoburg is online now Find More Posts by IWCoburg
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 05, 2010, 11:05 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,459 Posts
I agree. The Signguy type tricopter build or similar is the cheapest and easiest for starters. From there to quads you must make decisions on how you are going to use the platform, i.e. AVP with or without GPS and or waypoint navigation, or sport fly along with your budget...
More reading for you here: Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
Cheers,
Jim
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins