HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 31, 2010, 10:24 PM
Joined Dec 2009
169 Posts
Discussion
WANTED:Test-Pilots for X650&Letter to XAircraft Pilots/The final namelist determined

Dear pilots of XAircraft, and all the hobbyists for concerning XAircraft product

From 2007 to MAY 2010, we have launched two series quadcopter, X500D and X600D, maybe they didn’t keep you satisfied. At the same time we are communicating with pilots and working hard to improve the design and enhanced performance of product. On the 1st of May 2010, we released our latest product X650 in the Beijing International Model Exposition, which shows the fruit of XAircraft R&D synthetically for almost two years. We have received so many feedbacks from pilots, and they provided lots of valuable suggestions. In order not to let pilots down, we will adjust the time for delivery date of X650 according to the advices; the main plan is as follows:

In the early June, the XAircraft’s official website (www.xaircraft.com) will be given a totally update, which emphasis on X650. It will help our final customer know the functions and the performance better. Meanwhile we will recruit at least 10 experienced pilots at home and abroad, who are going to make full-scale test to all the functions of X650.

On the 25th of June, the testing prototypes will be shipped from XAircraft, and to the test- pilots.

In the beginning of July 2010, the test-pilots will publish the test result successively, which will be released on the major forums and BBS for aero model hobbyist, home and abroad. You are going to see all the test videos on YouTube. Our R&D Team will communicate with test-pilots, and improve the software and hardware according to the feedbacks, and perfect the functions further.

On the 5st of August, the first batch of official X650 will be shipped to the resellers, the Chinese pilots will get product before 10th August, the overseas pilots will be a few days later for shipping reason (it varies from different shipping company)

For the pilot who have bought the X500D or X600D, we will give some favorable measures. You will enjoy the preferential price for X650 before 1st of October 2010.
For X600D: 40% off on the basis of retail price
For X500D: 25% off on the basis of retail price
(Notice: we will ship you for free; the shipping cost was included in the preferential price)

The retail price for X650 will be published after the global test (about 10th of July), our dear pilots, please be patient for the surprise.

The price concessions just can be enjoyed just one time for one machine. You can feel free to email us if you have any questions about it, info@xaircraft.com.

From 25th May to 10th June, we will recruit the test-pilots in public; we hope the enthusiasts in this group will apply actively. The test-pilots will get the testing X650 for free and experience the wonderful features in advance. More details about it please watch for the next post.
Regards

XAircraft
xaircraft is offline Find More Posts by xaircraft
Last edited by xaircraft; Jun 14, 2010 at 05:51 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2010, 10:38 PM
Joined Dec 2009
169 Posts
Recruitment Information

Multi-rotors helicopter is different from single-rotor or coaxial helicopter, it gets the thrust by the propellers driven directly by low-KV motors. So this way, the Multi-rotors helicopter is simple in structure and easy to maintain. It cannot fly stably simply relied on mechanical control for three reasons below
a) It is impossible to make perfect consistent in mechanical structures
b) Very slight errors in building the frame
c) The instability of airflow in flight
So the 3 gyros are installed to keep stable, by detecting the attitude in the air and outputting signals to control the power of motors.

Set the X650 as an example, the XAircraft 650 is a quadcopter and helicopter, whose thrust is provided by four propellers(12-inch, low-speed) driven four brushless motors (core diameter 28mm, core thickness 12mm). The X650 is equipped with 3-axis attitude sensors (pitch, roll, and yaw) for standard unit, 4 in 1 brushless ESC and Flight Controller (FC). The FC can decode 12 inputs from receiver, the 4 channels is for basic flight requirements, 2 channels is for controlling the camera shutter and adjustment for camera mount, and the other 4 channels are for extension such as GPS-position hold, height hold and heading hold. In addition to that the FC also has 12 outputs, the 4 is for controlling the motors, the 3 is for controlling the servos which are used for camera shutter and balancing camera mount(in pitch and roll), and the 5 channels are reserved for extension.

Publication time: June 6th 2010
Testing time: From June 20th to July 5th 2010
Number of Pilots in China: 5
Number of Pilots overseas: 5

Testing Contents
a) The manufacturing process for electronic circuit, including welding, PCB, electronic materials
b) The stability, security, rationality and aesthetic in mechanical structure
c) Manufacture processing and stablity for dynamic system (mainly motors and propellers)
d) Flight performance, including hover stability, operational performance(such as double cycle 8 route, pie dish actions)
e) The performance of shock absorber for camera mount, including the performances of HF and LF shock absorber performance (the HF is absorbed by mechanical structure, and LF is absorbed by two digital servo), performance of shutter controller, compatibility of shutter (controlled by a servo proportion, location adjustable) The shutter is controlled by a servo, with setting the proportion, it can let the camera focus and shot. The shutter’s location also can be adjusted; the shutter can hold almost all the digital card camera no more than 250g.
f) Flight parameters test, anti-wind capability, flying time, payload
g) Configuration software, including user interface and convenience for operation, user-friendly design.
More details about the test, we will enclose document with the machine. We are going to publish electronic document on the website. There will be a post for test result on BBS, which provide the pilots to report their test results.

The Requirements for Tester
The tester for X650 need to cover three aspects as follows, the tester just be ok if your conditions satisfy one aspect.
a) Test electronic circuits and PC configuration software mainly, the tester must have the relevant experience in electronic industry, and well IT knowledge. Besides superior handling stability should be a necessary condition for pilots.
b) Test the mechanical structure, dynamic system, and flight performance, the tester must have be an aeromodelling lover, and years of operational experience, be good at flying, have the ability to fly 3D in general helicopter.
c) Test aerial photography performance ,the tester must have professional knowledge about aerial photography (not FPV experience)

In addition to the above three requirements, the pilots can never be distributor of XAircraft, and must own FF9 or JR9X2 high level RC equipment, the model aircraft enthusiasts active in BBS or community will have the priority.

Result for Test
All pilots who take part in the test shall publish the test results in public, by the way of documents, photographs or videos. You can upload them to video sites such as YouTube or Vimeo.You need to show your comment on the forums, such as RC Groups or RC universe The results need to be based on subjective judgment by test pilots; the XAircraft official will never join in any reviews about the result reports to maintain the objectivity of this test.

The pilots, who take part in the test, can enjoy the special rates as follows.
a) You will own the X650 for beta-test after you finish the task free of charge
b) You will be assigned first when new test task comes

XAircraft
Last edited by xaircraft; Jun 03, 2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old Jun 01, 2010, 07:11 AM
Joined Aug 2007
4,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaircraft View Post
...In the beginning of July 2010, the test-pilots will publish the test result successively...
It's great to see a company like XAircraft asking for help with testing their aircraft. It should help produce a better product for the public to enjoy.

Looking forward to the results from the test pilots. Wish I had a FF9 and 3D flying skills.
RCvertt is offline Find More Posts by RCvertt
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Chupacabra sighting !!!
Old Jun 01, 2010, 12:17 PM
norway
Joined Oct 2009
1,133 Posts
yes. This is the right way to go.
This way it will be the perfect product.
Good work Xaircraft.

Regards

Tor Arne
fpv-tor is offline Find More Posts by fpv-tor
Old Jun 01, 2010, 01:21 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,495 Posts
As I said in one of the other threads, there is no way a company can test in every environment. After all this product is shipping world wide. Consider the different environments this thing may fly in. Desert, mountains, sea-level, tropical (can I test there ), and even wet UK (don't want to test there). Wet areas, dry areas, windy and calm areas. The list goes on and yet sometimes we expect items like this to perform perfectly in every environment.

World wide beta testing is the only way to go.

- Jeff
Canadian Geek is offline Find More Posts by Canadian Geek
Last edited by Canadian Geek; Jun 05, 2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old Jun 01, 2010, 05:32 PM
United States, GA, Mt Airy
Joined Dec 2001
984 Posts
Great job XairCraft. Looking forward to see the testing begin.
UniversalRC is offline Find More Posts by UniversalRC
Old Jun 05, 2010, 06:28 AM
Joined Dec 2009
169 Posts
Namelist Published Time

Every pilots for application

We have received so many applications. Thank you very much for you participation actively. we will publish the final namelist on 7th June. On request of world-wild pilots. We can postpone the publish date until next Monday

Happy weekend to you

XAircraft
Last edited by xaircraft; Jun 05, 2010 at 06:35 AM.
Old Jun 05, 2010, 12:22 PM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,855 Posts
Well as far as I'm concerned all of use that got the X500 and then the people that got the X600 we beta tested for you this hole time, You should pic someone out of the people that paid the money to get a X500 and the X600 and don't have all the requirements you list, because face it, they are the ones that will be paying the money to get this stuff so let one of use test from a non expert opinion.

PS, i did have good luck with my X500 besides the yaw to the left when the throttle was applied fast.

Thanks Gary
G-unit is offline Find More Posts by G-unit
Old Jun 08, 2010, 12:47 AM
norway
Joined Oct 2009
1,133 Posts
Still no namelist? Hmm
fpv-tor is offline Find More Posts by fpv-tor
Old Jun 08, 2010, 08:52 AM
Joined Dec 2009
169 Posts
The Final Namelist for XAircraft X650 Beta Test

We have received nearly hundreds of application from home and abroad in recent 10 days. Thanks for you active participation, we are going to revise our test plan before publish.

The tester number shall be increased to 8 pilots abroad, we offer another extra 3 quotas the quotas what we previously planned was said to be little, not enough for worldwide test. Additionally some of the applicants are well experienced in multi-rotor helicopter, since they are willing to help us perfect our product, we feel very honored to increase special quotas.

The final name list for beta tester of X650
1. Jeff Swanson from Canada (zirt57 on RC Group)
2. JEAN-LUC from France (bob.titus on RC Group)
3. Josh Bowler from England (Joshbb on RC Group)
4. Sebastian Jensen from Denmark(bas10an on RC Group)
5. Carlos Dominiqu from Spain
6. Robert Reichert from German
7. Vincent Cenzi from USA (Z06 TONY on RC Group)
8. Aaron from USA (Rcvert on RC Group)

Although it is a business test activity, we hope all the pilots, who take part in the test, can write articles objectively. For your reviews will influence lots of future pilots of X650, as well we wish you take your professional reviews to perfect X650. The X650 is hard-work fruit of XAircraft Team in two years.

About the specific requirement and content for testing, we will post here later. The eight pilots above please do contact us ASAP ,give us shipping details before June 15th.

Skype ID :xaircraft
MSN: xaircraft@live.cn
Email: info@xaircraft.com

Thanks again for your close attention.

Regards

XAircraft
Last edited by xaircraft; Jun 08, 2010 at 08:58 AM.
Old Jun 08, 2010, 10:13 AM
Joined Jan 2007
4,495 Posts
First, I want to say thank you to Xaircraft for giving me the chance to test their product. I am honored and will do my best to test and report my findings. I will post video as I test (now that I have my Hat Cam sorted out).

It looks like Xaircraft have chosen quite a diverse group from around the world. This is good as it will give them a chance to see how their product performs in different environments.

I don't know if any of the others have Skype but if they do and want to compare notes, just PM me for my Skype name (sorry but I'm not posting that out in the open)

Once again, thank you.
Jeff Swanson
Canadian Geek is offline Find More Posts by Canadian Geek
Old Jun 08, 2010, 10:28 AM
Ironbridge (UK)
Joined Jan 2009
3,966 Posts
I completely agree with Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirt57 View Post
First, I want to say thank you to Xaircraft for giving me the chance to test their product. I am honored and will do my best to test and report my findings. I will post video as I test (now that I have my Hat Cam sorted out).

It looks like Xaircraft have chosen quite a diverse group from around the world. This is good as it will give them a chance to see how their product performs in different environments.

I don't know if any of the others have Skype but if they do and want to compare notes, just PM me for my Skype name (sorry but I'm not posting that out in the open)

Once again, thank you.
Jeff Swanson
Joshbb is offline Find More Posts by Joshbb
Old Jun 08, 2010, 12:14 PM
a little boy's dream come true
France, Corse, Santo-Pietro-di-Tenda
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
I see there is quite a wide panel of tester all around the world, I'm looking forward to testing the X650 myself.
Thanks XAircraft for your trust, I will test the hell out of your machine, don't forget to add some spare props to the parcel
You can count on my objective and neutral review as well.

To those I already know from RCG (Jeff, Josh and Aaron) and all the other testers... welcome aboard!
Like Jeff proposed it, feel free to get in touch with me, you can PM me and ask for my details if you wish to talk to me (Skype or phone).

Bob
bob.titus is offline Find More Posts by bob.titus
Last edited by bob.titus; Jun 08, 2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old Jun 08, 2010, 03:21 PM
Ironbridge (UK)
Joined Jan 2009
3,966 Posts
I guess Xaircraft or one of us should start a beta test thread at some point, where we can pool our knowledge compare tests an post videos etc etc? I really hope we can help to make this quad a success.
Joshbb is offline Find More Posts by Joshbb
Last edited by Joshbb; Jun 08, 2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old Jun 08, 2010, 03:27 PM
a little boy's dream come true
France, Corse, Santo-Pietro-di-Tenda
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshbb View Post
I guess Xaircraft or one of us should start a beta test thread at some point, where we can pool our knowledge compare tests an post videos etc etc? I really hope we can help to make this quad a success.
I started a thread were I intended to post my review, it could be used or you guys may want to start a new one, it doesn't really matter to me.

Bob
bob.titus is offline Find More Posts by bob.titus