HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 31, 2010, 07:37 PM
Joined Apr 2010
41 Posts
Discussion
Range problem with Airfield 182 Skytrainer from Nitroplanes

Hi, I just bought the airfield 182 skytrainer from nitroplanes. I have been trying to get this plane to fly but when I start taxing around on the ground before a takeoff i lose control when the plane starts to distance itself from me. When the plane is around 40-65 feet away from me, it becomes unresponsive. I had to run after the plane once because I could'nt change the throttle. As I came closer to the plane it became responsive again and i could once again control it..
I am using the transmitter and the receiver that came with the plane and I have not altered it in any way. I think this might be caused by a faulty transmitter/receiver.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Rob
WeeksFlyer is offline Find More Posts by WeeksFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2011, 08:52 PM
Joined Jul 2006
34 Posts
Make sure you have strong batterys in the transmitter. The antenna wires should be facing different directions, one up one out straight. I'm not sure what radio comes with it, my was a receiver ready. Don't hold the transmitter by the antenna. Do a range check before flight.Set plane on ground and walk away at least 30 steps, that should be 90 to 100 feet. Try the controls if it won't work at that range do not fly it. Something is wrong. I would say the batterys in the transmitter may be weak, or the receiver antenna orientation is wrong. Hope this helps.
Lee
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeksFlyer View Post
Hi, I just bought the airfield 182 skytrainer from nitroplanes. I have been trying to get this plane to fly but when I start taxing around on the ground before a takeoff i lose control when the plane starts to distance itself from me. When the plane is around 40-65 feet away from me, it becomes unresponsive. I had to run after the plane once because I could'nt change the throttle. As I came closer to the plane it became responsive again and i could once again control it..
I am using the transmitter and the receiver that came with the plane and I have not altered it in any way. I think this might be caused by a faulty transmitter/receiver.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Rob
walkermsg is offline Find More Posts by walkermsg