Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 31, 2010, 12:31 PM
Joined Jan 2008
39 Posts
Discussion
I need a prop for my southampton tugboat

Does anyone know the size prop for the Southampton tugboat? One of mine fell off in the water ( I know, I should have tightened the nut). I got mine from otherlandtoys in the UK but they don't have them. I'd go with brass props if I knew what to get or where? Right now, I'd take anything as I'm dead in the water.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.
Darkwinds is offline Find More Posts by Darkwinds
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2010, 12:47 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
PDX, OR
Joined Dec 2002
10,104 Posts
Are you in the USA?
Harbor models, Ships and Things, Loyalhannah Dockyard should all have a
three blade propeller that you can purchase to replace one or both propellers(if it is twins)

Cornwall Model boats in the UK should also have a good variety of propellers available.

Just measure the dimension from the center of the shaft to the hull and allow for
2-3mm of clearance and size your propeller appropriately. I am not sure what the
threading for the Southampton will be, but there are usually two options in threads also.

Umi_Ryuzuki is offline Find More Posts by Umi_Ryuzuki
Old May 31, 2010, 05:07 PM
United States, ME, Bar Harbor
Joined Sep 2005
416 Posts
If you are in the UK, the Prop Shop has the best props available anywhere
jeno is offline Find More Posts by jeno
Old May 31, 2010, 06:07 PM
no wings any more, just dust!
stoke on trent
Joined Oct 2004
8,052 Posts
i think the shafts of the southampton may not be threaded, so changing to a set of 4mm brass and stainless shaft would also be a good start
Ghost 2501 is offline Find More Posts by Ghost 2501
Old Jun 01, 2010, 10:30 AM
Joined Jan 2008
39 Posts
I'm in the USA but willing to order anywhere. Thanks to all for the kind help. That really assists.
Darkwinds is offline Find More Posts by Darkwinds
Old Jun 01, 2010, 10:58 AM
Beautiful Hilo Hawaii
Joined Jul 2009
153 Posts
Aloha
I have been trying to find a replacement for mine too. I may have to change the shaft and stuffing tube, due to the fact that I can't get the props off mine. the set screw must have had a whole bottle of thread locker applied!!!
I have a call into Don at loyalhanna and he is searching for me.
Aloha
Marty
jcis4me is offline Find More Posts by jcis4me