SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 30, 2010, 09:56 PM
Joined May 2010
3 Posts
Discussion
bad receiver or transmitter

Hello everybody, another noob to the rc world with a question. I'm getting no response from my transmitter. When the receiver and transmitter are turned on the truck does nothing. When I move my hand close to the receiver the truck will turn the tires or spin forward and reverse without any input from the transmitter. How do I tell if it is a transmitter issue or the receiver.
BIGCAT467 is offline Find More Posts by BIGCAT467
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2010, 10:16 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,390 Posts
What kind of radio are you using. I would check the radio batteries first the crystals second
mredzadventure is offline Find More Posts by mredzadventure
Old May 31, 2010, 09:30 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,834 Posts
Without having a spare RX or TX to swap with it will be very difficult for you to pin point. Make sure both TX and RX battery are fully charged and also make sure both tx antenna and rx antenna are OK.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old May 31, 2010, 10:53 AM
Joined May 2010
3 Posts
I made sure all batteries were charged and put new crystals in both. This didn't help. The tx and rx are Lan su from Redcat. I changed the tx and rx over to a spectrum set that my brother had from his trainer plane. I actually got to drive my truck for the first time. I just don't know which is bad the rx or the tx. Is there any way to test them individually?
Old May 31, 2010, 11:33 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,834 Posts
Crystals are component senstive, make sure yo uhave them in the proper unit TX crystal and RX crystal.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old May 31, 2010, 12:02 PM
Joined May 2010
3 Posts
The crystals were marked tx and rx. When the tx and rx are turned on I can move my empty hand towards the rx and the truck moves without input from the tx.
Old May 31, 2010, 12:55 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,390 Posts
I wouldn't trust it if ii is doing that Look for a good used one or go with a good brand Spektrum,Futaba ,Hitec or Airtronics. It sounds like the receiver is out of tune. Without a spare receiver to test it will be difficult to pin point. I know most of the radio's with some of the RTR kits are unreliable. I have had very few troubles with the brands I mentioned above.
mredzadventure is offline Find More Posts by mredzadventure