SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 30, 2010, 05:46 PM
AMA 125691
Jacksonville Florida
Joined Jul 2002
2,240 Posts
Question
Spektrum radio compatability with reversing Y harness?

I am building a Hangar 9 Twin Otter for a friend and I have run into a snag. The elevator uses two separate servos, 1 for the left and 1 for the right side. When they are installed as per the instructions and using a regular standard Y harness they elevators move in opposite directions.

I am getting mixed answers about the advisability of using a reversing Y harness with a Spektrum radio to make them move together in the same direction.

My question is, is it Okay to use a reversing Y harness with a Spektrum radio system? If not why not?

Any light you could shed on this would be appreciated. Thanks.
wmcneal is offline Find More Posts by wmcneal
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2010, 06:23 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,101 Posts
Here's what spektrum has to say about it
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEKTRUM
Don't use electronic reversing Y's They can cause issues. Run the servo directly to the receiver, or use a reversed servo as a last resort.
Check the DONT SECTION

http://spektrumrc.com/Community/Inst...Practices.aspx

and using the search option here would of gotten you this thread.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1213735
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Last edited by freechip; May 30, 2010 at 06:36 PM.