HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 29, 2010, 11:01 PM
Veteran RC Pilot!
USA, GA, Holly Springs
Joined Feb 2007
108 Posts
Discussion
Customer No Service!

I ordered from them twice. The first order came in complete and the batteries have performed well but the second order the batteries where back-ordered even though the site said in stock. I asked support for a time frame. I received my same question in response? Then I asked again and received a reply that a customer service representative would respond in 1-2 business days. NO Response! A week passed and I noticed the site said the batteries where again in Stock! I sent an e-mail as to when I could expect shipment. Again I receive a generated response that a Rep will respond in 1-2 days. I tried the phone number several times and just got annoying computer generated midi music and a recording that "someone will get to me shortly (30 minutes?). They have my money and now I am waiting! I will not use them again. Buyer Beware!
mundo330 is offline Find More Posts by mundo330
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2010, 08:43 AM
Veteran RC Pilot!
USA, GA, Holly Springs
Joined Feb 2007
108 Posts
Again mor BS

I sent a message through their live chat system (closed at the time) asking

"I am still owed two Lipo batteries and they show in stock again?
when will they ship! I have e-mailed, I have called and received no response from Customer- No- Service!

The reply (exactly as sent to me)

Dear Customer,

Please check our websites regularly,, Out of stock items are restocked in 4 to 5 business days

What is wrong with these people?
Old Jun 02, 2010, 05:04 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2009
554 Posts
sorry for inconveniences, what's your order number with us? let me take care of you. If you have back order with us and the goods are in stock, we should have sent out the goods to you.
If the goods are out of stock, we will refund you. Pls let me know your order number with us.

Sincerely
Jason
hobbypartz is offline Find More Posts by hobbypartz
Last edited by hobbypartz; Jun 02, 2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old Jun 08, 2010, 10:58 AM
Veteran RC Pilot!
USA, GA, Holly Springs
Joined Feb 2007
108 Posts
And even more bs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbypartz View Post
sorry for inconveniences, what's your order number with us? let me take care of you. If you have back order with us and the goods are in stock, we should have sent out the goods to you.
If the goods are out of stock, we will refund you. Pls let me know your order number with us.

Sincerely
Jason
They only responded after I put in a claim with PAYPAL. then they called me and want me to pay them another $44 dollars for items I did not receive.
I will Cancel the claim if they refund me for the items not shipped. Also the items where in stock for almost a week, and I had no response to any attempted contacts before I put the claim in. BEWARE of THESE GUYS!

And isn't it amazing that the Customer service people for these companies is always named Jason?
Last edited by mundo330; Jun 08, 2010 at 11:00 AM. Reason: a thought!
Old Jun 10, 2010, 02:12 PM
United States, NC, Oak Island
Joined Mar 2010
83 Posts
Sorry to hear about your trouble, these kind of issues are never fun to deal with. Best of luck, I hope you get your $$$ or your stuff.
Jbray is offline Find More Posts by Jbray
Old Jun 13, 2010, 12:16 AM
Veteran RC Pilot!
USA, GA, Holly Springs
Joined Feb 2007
108 Posts
It never ends

Now they want me to cancel my claim if I want my refund. I told them I would gladly cancel my claim if they refund my money. If I cancel my claim first I have no recourse as I can not reinstate the claim again. They do not have to refund me and I am out. Oh and they are threatening to band me from future orders!!!???
Old Jun 13, 2010, 02:42 PM
Veteran RC Pilot!
USA, GA, Holly Springs
Joined Feb 2007
108 Posts
And more!

The latest is that they are telling me (via the Paypal claim post) that they can not refund my money unless I release the claim. I never heard such. Any refund I ever issued was a separate transaction. Again I believe they are trying to scam me! This one is shady!
Old Jun 15, 2010, 09:15 AM
Veteran RC Pilot!
USA, GA, Holly Springs
Joined Feb 2007
108 Posts
When Just Due is due!

When all does go well!
Hobbypartz issued me a refund today and as I had told them I canceled my claim. It seems that their issue is strictly communication. As I see many other complaints on this against them I would guess they are having growing pains. The best I hope for is that they learn from these issues as inventory control and customer service are the two toughest issues to deal with in a business of any type. The lines of communication must be available and open especially if inventory availability is an issue. An informed customer is always going to be more understanding than a frustrated uninformed one. Hobbypartz, XHeli, Raidentech, BananaHobby, and what ever other names you may be using, you have good products at a good price. Do not thwart your business by a lack of communication. It should not take a month and a dispute claim to open the lines of communication. I am sorry it had to come to this, but I am glad we could come to terms. I thank you for restoring my faith and settling this issue.
Best of luck
Doug S
Last edited by mundo330; Jun 15, 2010 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Addition