HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 29, 2010, 01:39 PM
Christiansburg, VA
Joined Sep 2002
694 Posts
Discussion
Fly Sky FS-TH9X Switch Error!

Hi Forum!
I just got my new radio from Leaders Hobby. When I turn the transmitter on I get the Switch Error! display. I am using NiMHy batteries. Is this OK? The manual does not say anything about battery compatibility or error codes. By the way; does anyone know what kind or range this Fly Sky module and receiver has?
Thanks!
Mike
ForeverFlying is offline Find More Posts by ForeverFlying
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2010, 02:17 PM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Sep 2009
705 Posts
Mike, make sure all of the switches are in the back position, towards the rear of the radio. You will get a swtich error if any of the switches are forward.
speedy72vega is offline Find More Posts by speedy72vega
Old May 29, 2010, 03:36 PM
Christiansburg, VA
Joined Sep 2002
694 Posts
Great!!! Thanks, Speedy!
Old May 29, 2010, 03:56 PM
Christiansburg, VA
Joined Sep 2002
694 Posts
Another Question: I hold the buttons for 60 seconds or longer before the menu items change, if at all. Am I doing something wrong, or did I get a bad radio? Also, do I want PCM for 2.4Ghz?
Thanks!
Mike
Old May 31, 2010, 12:01 PM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
15,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlying View Post
Another Question: I hold the buttons for 60 seconds or longer before the menu items change, if at all. Am I doing something wrong, or did I get a bad radio? Also, do I want PCM for 2.4Ghz?
Thanks!
Mike
Such a long wait is definitely not normal.

No, you don't want PCM. The 2.4 modules work only with the standard PPM signal.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Jun 30, 2010, 12:03 AM
Joined Jun 2010
1 Posts
hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlying View Post
Hi Forum!
I just got my new radio from Leaders Hobby. When I turn the transmitter on I get the Switch Error! display. I am using NiMHy batteries. Is this OK? The manual does not say anything about battery compatibility or error codes. By the way; does anyone know what kind or range this Fly Sky module and receiver has?
Thanks!
Mike
I am still have this same error.can any one help me about this pls..
THanks
ROMA
romero2005 is offline Find More Posts by romero2005
Old Jun 30, 2010, 12:49 AM
Christiansburg, VA
Joined Sep 2002
694 Posts
Switch Error

Hi Romero,

Did you try this?: Mike, make sure all of the switches are in the back position, towards the rear of the radio. You will get a swtich error if any of the switches are forward.

It worked for me!

Good night,
Mike
Old Jan 23, 2014, 08:32 AM
Joined Jan 2014
1 Posts
Jp

I installed a back light in my th-9x and when i turn on the switch i get a switch error all the switches are in the off position anybody know what the problem is ?
streetrod1929 is offline Find More Posts by streetrod1929
Old Feb 03, 2014, 08:37 PM
Joined Jan 2014
12 Posts
The menu and exit buttons on my transmitter seem to take some 'breaking in'. Initially, I had to push each one several times in order to get them to register. Now it is down to once or a couple of times. Maybe some oxidation in the switch, or poor components? I'm on the fence about whether to send it back or not.

WRT using NiMH batteries, they will work, however AA's that are slightly oversize like the Sanyo Eneloop X 2400mah will not fit properly in the extremely poorly designed battery box. I'd give the mechanical design and build quality of this transmitter a D.
MumblingFumbler is offline Find More Posts by MumblingFumbler