HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 28, 2010, 06:42 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
New Product
Hobbico Flyzone Select Scale "Super Cub" coming soon!

Gals and Guys,

I looked everywhere and searched around and no one has a thread on the new and upcoming "Hobbico" Flyzone J3 Super Cub that spans 48 inch wing span with great scale effects such as:

1. Main landing gear features a working suspension that absorbs shocks for smoother landings.

2. Molded wing ribs, which have the appearance of fabric being stretched across them — just like on a full-size Cub.

3. Functional struts provide support for the wings while being scale in appearance, and are easy to remove for transport.

4. The tail wheel is steerable, to offer reliable ground handling.

5. A detailed dash panel inside the cockpit adds even more realism, and the windows are transparent — no stickers here!

Specifications:
Stock Numbers:
HCAA2527 - RTF
HCAA2528 - Rx-R


Wingspan: 48 in (1220 mm) <----------Note it is not the 36 incher!
Wing Area: 354 in² (22.8 dm²)
Weight: 30.4 oz (860 g)
Wing Loading: 12.4 oz/ft² (38 g/dm²)
Length: 33 in (840 mm)

For additional details go to:
http://www.flyzoneplanes.com/airplan...527/index.html

For availability go to:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXZAD3&P=7

It comes with Ailerons!!!




================================================

I am a big sucker for these J3's and this one is very nicely done!
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Last edited by guapoman2000; May 30, 2010 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Title needed correction.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 28, 2010, 06:55 PM
Why so serious?
2500GENE's Avatar
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Best of luck with it Carlos.
Out of stock till late June? ut-oh....
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2010, 07:05 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Best of luck with it Carlos.
Out of stock till late June? ut-oh....
They sold out as just yesterday they had the Receiver Ready version for sale up in Tower Hobby.

Now both of them are on back order.

Some times good things come later.
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2010, 07:57 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
A Rdnek's Avatar
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000 View Post
They sold out as just yesterday they had the Receiver Ready version for sale up in Tower Hobby.

Now both of them are on back order.

Some times good things come later.
OH!!! very nice, I must have one of these. I am going to check my LHS tomorrow, if he happened to get 2, while they where available, I will send you one.
Thanks
Ron
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2010, 08:27 PM
revving and pulling too hard
kiwilama's Avatar
New Zealand's Riviera
Joined Jun 2008
319 Posts
Nice find - more a J5 than a super cub
kiwilama is offline Find More Posts by kiwilama
Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2010, 08:37 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
A Rdnek's Avatar
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwilama View Post
Nice find - more a J5 than a super cub
OK! Now someone needs to explain the differences between J3, J5 and Super Cub. Please
Thanks
Ron
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2010, 11:28 PM
Registered User
pommie's Avatar
Australia, WA, Midland
Joined Jul 2007
223 Posts
Am i mistaken or is this the ST Models Cub ?? as it looks very much like this

http://www.euromodels.com.au/index.p...oducts_id=1208

ST Models J3 Cub (3 min 33 sec)


was looking at this plane a few months ago and couldnt find anything about it, I had the ST asw28 and my mate has the cessna/dg100 and the asw28 all by ST models and bang for buck they are great
so the cub looks like it would be a winner ? but then why has no one really herd of them
and sorry i an not sure the differences between the 3

Pommie
pommie is offline Find More Posts by pommie
Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2010, 12:10 AM
No Guts, No Glory!
HuffDaddy's Avatar
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,204 Posts
ooooh me likey!!!

on their web page here if you click the icon right below the plane silhouette it will play the video

http://www.flyzoneplanes.com/airplan...528_video.html

here's a YouTube vid (same one as above)
Flyzone RC Select Scale Piper Super Cub Rx-R Plane (1 min 19 sec)



-Mark
HuffDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Last edited by HuffDaddy; May 29, 2010 at 12:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2010, 03:07 AM
Registered User
lowdive's Avatar
anaheim, ca
Joined Apr 2005
2,542 Posts
http://www.advantagehobby.com/produc...131349&cat=157

d0h, backorder too.
lowdive is offline Find More Posts by lowdive
Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2010, 11:23 AM
Registered User
jaksno's Avatar
Norwood, CO
Joined Jul 2009
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000 View Post
Gals and Guys,

I looked everywhere and searched around and no one has a thread on the new and upcoming "Hobbico" Flyzone J3 Super Cub that spans 48 inch wing span with great scale effects such as:

1. Main landing gear features a working suspension that absorbs shocks for smoother landings.

2. Molded wing ribs, which have the appearance of fabric being stretched across them — just like on a full-size Cub.

3. Functional struts provide support for the wings while being scale in appearance, and are easy to remove for transport.

4. The tail wheel is steerable, to offer reliable ground handling.

5. A detailed dash panel inside the cockpit adds even more realism, and the windows are transparent — no stickers here!

Specifications:
Stock Numbers:
HCAA2527 - RTF
HCAA2528 - Rx-R


Wingspan: 48 in (1220 mm) <----------Note it is not the 36 incher!
Wing Area: 354 in² (22.8 dm²)
Weight: 30.4 oz (860 g)
Wing Loading: 12.4 oz/ft² (38 g/dm²)
Length: 33 in (840 mm)

For additional details go to:
http://www.flyzoneplanes.com/airplan...527/index.html

For availability go to:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXZAD3&P=7

It comes with Ailerons!!!




================================================

I am a big sucker for these J3's and this one is very nicely done!
J-3 has the engine cylinders sticking out the side of the cowl. This looks like a PA-12, not a PA-18, which is the Super Cub. That said, it is beautiful to look at. It does weigh as much as a Radian, but as long as it has enough power, should be ok.

I will wait for reviews. I got into RC with a Hobbico J-3, 36", nimh, brushed, and it did not have enough power to stay in the air here at 7000' feet. I tried a number of times - no lift. Very discouraging and now just a static model. A flying yellow brick as some on its RC forum said - and worse. Some fans, and these guys were all at lower altitude, made many upgrades with brushless and lipo, but because of the very high wing loading, they were all yellow bullets, not scale flyers at all, and still they crashed most the time.

A scale plane deserves to fly well at scale speed, especially classic cubs.

I truly hope this beauty flys well - if so, I'll get a pnp version gladly; so keep us posted!

thanks,
jo
jaksno is offline Find More Posts by jaksno
Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2010, 11:37 AM
Registered User
jaksno's Avatar
Norwood, CO
Joined Jul 2009
624 Posts
I could go with J-5, too; someone more knowledgeable will have to say. Could be that the word Super Cub was used to snag some on line searches, piggybacking on HZ's
SC?

Nice scale flying with reserve power for aerobatics! I'm about sold because of the videos. Do I smell a new thread coming?
jaksno is offline Find More Posts by jaksno
Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2010, 12:17 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
A Rdnek's Avatar
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaksno View Post
J-3 has the engine cylinders sticking out the side of the cowl. This looks like a PA-12, not a PA-18, which is the Super Cub. That said, it is beautiful to look at. It does weigh as much as a Radian, but as long as it has enough power, should be ok.

I will wait for reviews. I got into RC with a Hobbico J-3, 36", nimh, brushed, and it did not have enough power to stay in the air here at 7000' feet. I tried a number of times - no lift. Very discouraging and now just a static model. A flying yellow brick as some on its RC forum said - and worse. Some fans, and these guys were all at lower altitude, made many upgrades with brushless and lipo, but because of the very high wing loading, they were all yellow bullets, not scale flyers at all, and still they crashed most the time.

A scale plane deserves to fly well at scale speed, especially classic cubs.

I truly hope this beauty flys well - if so, I'll get a pnp version gladly; so keep us posted!

thanks,
jo
What is a PA-12?
Didn't the PA-18 (Super Cub) have flaps?
Still don't know what a J5 is.

Ron

Just found this, A PA-12 is a SUPER CRUSIER
http://www.barnstormers.com/ad_detai...assifieds.html
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Last edited by A Rdnek; May 29, 2010 at 12:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2010, 12:30 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
A Rdnek's Avatar
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,013 Posts
Now I found this.
Isn't Google fun.
Ron
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2010, 06:37 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Thank you for your posts and I have corrected the thread's title to reflect the product's name instead of piper number designation.
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2010, 09:53 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
A Rdnek's Avatar
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000 View Post
Thank you for your posts and I have corrected the thread's title to reflect the product's name instead of piper number designation.
OH NO!! I wasn't trying to correct you at all. If you thought that is what I was after, I sincerely apologise. I was just having a good time doing a little research on Pipers, and sharing what I found. Of course, what ever the designation, I WANT ONE.
Ron
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion What to buy, The Hobbyzone super cub or the Parkzone j3 cub Capt Buddy Parkflyers 7 May 03, 2010 04:39 PM
Discussion Options for a new BNF J3 Cub or super cub Capt Buddy Parkflyers 1 Apr 22, 2010 08:37 AM
Sold Hobbico Flyzone Piper Cub J3 RTR stangsteeda Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Aug 10, 2008 06:26 PM