HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 28, 2010, 03:53 PM
Joined May 2010
1 Posts
Help!
Heng Long Leopard 2 A5 1:24

Hi there,

First and foremost thankyou for letting me join your forums and community. I have been lurking around for a few days and it has a wealth of information.

I recently bought a Heng Long Leopard 2 A5 tank for those bored moments. However it has been more of a stress producer since I got it.

The fault that is giving me the most grief is the Turret Ring Gear (judging by your definitions used elsewhere).
The gear has 3 broken spokes/teeth which prevent rotation of the turret.

The gear is a white plastic and is approx 2 inches in diameter.

I have tried searching fleabay, made in china and heng long sites for a possible replacement but that seems highly unlikely. Considering I do not know the technical reference of the part.

Do Heng Long use standard parts accross all their tanks?

So I was wondering if this community could illuminate other alternatives.

Being an avid hobbyist I was thinking about using plastic moulding putty (which I use for modelling in Warhammer), that hardens and can be carved into a shape and fabricate some teeth.

Thanks for your time, sorry I have no pictures I hope you can understand the problem.

Cheers

-loosebruce
loosebruce is offline Find More Posts by loosebruce
to remove ads between posts
Old May 28, 2010, 05:44 PM
Semper Fi
Northern Triaid North Carolina
Joined Jun 2008
1,015 Posts
You are going to have a tough time trying to find a replacement ring without getting a whole new turret assembly. Try fixing it yourself if you have the experience from your Warhammer things.
GreenAmphibian is offline Find More Posts by GreenAmphibian
Old Nov 23, 2010, 01:28 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1 Posts
same tank different problem

well were do you start....i should of kept walking past the display stand at the sydney markets anyway its nearing xmas handed 50 dollars over and thought i got a deal well its a good tank done all what the box said it should,,, im still impressed even when the gun jammed....so out comes the philips the chamber of the gun was shattered to pieces ...hmmm amisfire after only 20 shots ??? a fragmant of the chamber that was left a pretty thick piece about 5mm...this had nothing but the light lube oil on it so in the heat of the moment i crushed it between my fingers thinking to find some resistance along the line..nope i squeezed it down to play doe, is there a word for rust in plastic.anyway it is now a single shot i cant fabricate the auto loader.
302winsor is offline Find More Posts by 302winsor
Old Nov 29, 2010, 11:12 PM
nj
Joined Jan 2004
1,450 Posts
If you want a good 1/24 tank that shoots airsoft BB's the VS tanks are the best available.
Those HL 1/24 tanks are garbage.
reptileman is online now Find More Posts by reptileman