HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 12, 2003, 10:03 PM
Go Wallabies!
Adelaide, South Australia
Joined Dec 2000
372 Posts
Brian Taylor Mosquito plans

hi Gents

Does anyone know where to get a copy of the Brian Taylor plans for the Mosquito. can you buy them from a website or something?

after reading the description of the Mosquito built by that fella from germany i just gotta have one.

cheers

CraigO
CraigO is offline Find More Posts by CraigO
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2003, 11:15 PM
Canada, AB, Airdrie
Joined Oct 2001
2,324 Posts
Hey CraigO finish your 109 first!!

Bruce
gbruce is offline Find More Posts by gbruce
Old Jun 12, 2003, 11:25 PM
Go Wallabies!
Joined Dec 2000
372 Posts
gee bruce, where is the challenge in that? :-)

that is my intention to build the 109 first but i built and pranged my last mosquito and i just gotta have another one.

half of the fun is having more than one project on the go. :-) if my wife heard me say that ....oooooh what she would do to me!

Craig
Old Jun 13, 2003, 12:08 AM
SVX
Joined Oct 2002
633 Posts
CraigO,

You can call Bob Holman on the phone. You have to order over the phone because he has no internet purchase set up. He does have this web site www.angelfire.com/ct/bhplans. I'm not sure about the mosquito but for my P-40 he had plans, cowl and spinner available.

He is the one that sells Brian Taylor plans here in the US
SVX
SVX is offline Find More Posts by SVX
Old Jun 13, 2003, 12:35 AM
Go Wallabies!
Joined Dec 2000
372 Posts
Hi SVX

i tried that web address and it doesnt work is it correct?

thanks

Craig
Old Jun 13, 2003, 03:28 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,553 Posts
There a a few places you can get Brian Taylor plans from

firstly from the man himself by post from Brian Taylor, 26 Ashcroft, Chard, Somerset, TA20 2JH, UK
Telephone: +44-(0)1460-65694.

Then from Bob Holman in the US, as stated above

and this French website lists details of Brian's plans also - the Mossie is on there.

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/aeropassion/...or_english.htm

I bought the Mosquito plans years ago from a guy, together with the fixtures and fittings- if you go this route be aware that Unitracts international occaisionally make a custom retract set for the Mosquito. Those are only made every now and again so it would be worthwhile to check up on their availability early on in the project.

Good luck and please post piccies during the build.

Oh and there's a scan showing the nacelle mouldings and custom spinners that are available in this thread

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5&pagenumber=2

hth

Brian
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Jun 13, 2003, 07:55 AM
D.G.B.
Southington, Connecticut, United States
Joined Jun 2000
2,951 Posts
Craig here is the website,www.bhplans.com he list laser parts for the 81" mosquito but just plans on the 71" version.have fun,stefanP
KOMET 44 is offline Find More Posts by KOMET 44
Old Jun 15, 2003, 06:33 PM
Go Wallabies!
Joined Dec 2000
372 Posts
thanks for all of that gents

I have been thinging about it al lot over the weekend. putting together power systems in my head etc.

I think I will go vor a couple of hackers off 20 cells or somthing like that, no details yet.

any thoughts from any of you?

Craig
Old Nov 05, 2003, 05:53 AM
Swan bay, East Tamar, Tasmania, Australia
Joined Jul 2003
48 Posts
Hi Craig,
I posted my query before the search produced yours. I got my plans direct from Brian Taylor. Order via snail mail and pay by money order or international cheque: no credit cards. (I alerted my wife to the need a month before my birthday then carefully forgot I'd done so.) The plans reveal their age with central servos and bellcranks all over. Unitracts list their u/c at approx 220 which is a powerful lot of Oz $s. I'm getting mine made by a local hobby machinist - does clocks and complex lathe work for fun! I've already made the tail and fin/rudder and am still pinpricking ribs and formers, tho', as above mentioned, I'd like input into the electrification of the nacelles. Rgds, TasMike
TasMike is offline Find More Posts by TasMike
Old Nov 05, 2003, 06:17 AM
Joined Jul 2003
48 Posts
Craig. What description by what fella from Germany?? Where do I find it? Rgds, TasMike
Old Nov 05, 2003, 03:50 PM
Go Wallabies!
Joined Dec 2000
372 Posts
Hi Mike

i found this website
http://www.labstar.de/German/Aktivit...BasicFrame.htm

use a babelfish or altavista translator and you will bet a pretty good indication of what Lars did to convert it. I admire his work very thorough.

the other place to start looking for the development of these is from here
http://www.rcwarbirds.com/bombers.htm

Cheers

Craig
Old Nov 05, 2003, 04:43 PM
Joined Jul 2003
48 Posts
Thanks, Craig. Good stuff. Lars's photo sequences are self explanatory, - which is a good thing since my German is less than rudimentary. The rcwarbirds site is a bit rich/ large for my taste, but the models are admirable.
Rgds, TasMike