Old May 27, 2010, 04:49 AM
MK Addict
Hellas
Joined Jun 2009
755 Posts
Discussion
Rookie FPV How to Power the Rx Tx FPV..

Hello there..
I just purchase a TX RX 1,3 850mw system and i need some help right here...

First problem is powering the system ,with the TX i got a cable that have a Yellow ,white for Audio Video
And a red banana like plug (maybe power?)
and also a black plug

The problem is i do not know what modification should i do to the 500mha 3s lipo plug and where is the correct power plug of the TX , where is + - etc

also the other problem is this
where is the + - inside the RX

Some pictures of you simplest setup will help me !
Thanks guys
Nettraptor is offline Find More Posts by Nettraptor
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2010, 07:12 AM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,568 Posts
It looks like my FOX Rx, it has a standard DC plug with the V+ on the central pin.
boopidoo is offline Find More Posts by boopidoo
Old May 27, 2010, 07:20 AM
Bath, UK
Joined Feb 2010
62 Posts
You should be able to check the polarity by looking at the power adapters for the symbol which specifies if the tip is positive or not. It also looks like my FOX rx, which also has V+ on the tip (central pin). Then you can hack a connector (I cut one off of the supplied power adapters) into something which connects to your battery.
blaireau is offline Find More Posts by blaireau
Old May 27, 2010, 07:55 AM
MK Addict
Hellas
Joined Jun 2009
755 Posts
thanks guys i get it..

this is the one..
http://www.fpvsystems.com/index.php?...products_id=51

so another question is that i wanna make a Harness for the system BUT use it with a camera that has video out Camileo p10.. not with a mini 12v camera.. and 12mic
the harness for audio and video have to be connected to the battery of the tx? or i will damage the camera?
if i make something like that
and connect to the video wire and audio wire the Output of the Camileo p10 i'll have problem?
Old May 27, 2010, 08:32 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,822 Posts
That looks ok for a mini 12v cam but cant see how you are hoooking in to the mini camcorder.
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn
Last edited by ommadawn; May 27, 2010 at 08:41 AM.
Old May 27, 2010, 08:39 AM
MK Addict
Hellas
Joined Jun 2009
755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ommadawn View Post
Looks ok to me. I would seal the whole lot with another single piece of heatshrink. I assume you are using a 12v camera? I accidentally fried a 5v camera once. I chopped up the camera lead and just used the plug. Wasnt aware that there was a 5V regulator moulded in to the camera lead. Ouch.
the camera is this
and i'll use it standard with her battery, i will not make any mods , just connect the video out to the TX... the camera is 5v
Old May 27, 2010, 08:47 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,822 Posts
In your pic you mentioned connecting video + to audio, vtx and battery+. Where is the video+ coming from if you are only connecting the video signal and -?
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn