HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by DqP, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 26, 2010, 10:53 AM
DqP
Alert5 RC International
USA, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Jul 2009
170 Posts
Discussion
My RCLander Mig-17's maiden flight

Finally completed my RCLander Mig-17 and took it out on a pretty windy day for it's maiden. It's a pretty decent flying 90mm. Pablo did a great job with the trimming and adjustments on it. It was remarkable how sweet the plane flares naturally with the flaps out on landing.

I flew my 6th sortie on it a few days ago and was pretty amazed how nicely it hold in the air in low passes. I think it could use a bit more air and maybe a little more umph in the motor. I'm going to take out next time and try it on 7S to see how much it helps.

I would like to look into some custom ducting get positive air in addition to the cheater holes.

It was filmed with new camera and so i think i was able to get enough clips form the flight to highlight the maiden. It took me about 7 hours+ to process, edit but i'm pretty happy how it came out.

My RCLander Mig-17 - Maiden Flight (2 min 35 sec)
DqP is offline Find More Posts by DqP
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2010, 08:18 AM
It's like an addiction!
NY, Rochester
Joined Oct 2003
1,491 Posts
Excellent piloting!! Congrats,
Chris
Downwind3Zero is offline Find More Posts by Downwind3Zero