SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 24, 2010, 11:13 AM
USA, NC, Matthews
Joined Aug 2008
3,231 Posts
Discussion
New setup, advice on improving video quality

I have my eHawk 1500 setup for FPV now and am really happy with the handling etc. I am now trying to figure out how to clean up the video. This setup is a first for me in several regards and am not sure the approach to take. For starters, this is the first time I am shooting "through" the prop with video, and the first time I am using a cmos camera. So I think I am experiencing 3 different issues that is visible in this video.

1. cmos "jello"
2. Electrical interference from using one battery for both the motor and tx/cam.
3. Signal dropout

For 1 and 2, you can see at one point (7:15 mark) when I am gliding with power off, the picture is great. Also, for the bad signal dropout, I think that was caused by the orientation of my diversity antennas. I adjusted them for the 2nd flight and it seemed to have helped a lot. The dropout always occurred during a right hand turn. Does it help to have one of the diversity antennas tilted so when the plane banks, it is in phase with that antenna?

As for #2, I am going to try to separate the wires/esc better and try a ferrite ring or 2. What wires benefit best from ferrite rings, the video signal or power wires? FYI, using 1.2ghz.

Thanks for any info.

eHawk 1500 FPV glider (8 min 45 sec)
techspy is online now Find More Posts by techspy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Esprit Saga
to remove ads between posts