SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 24, 2010, 10:17 AM
Lake City, PA USA
Joined Sep 1999
333 Posts
Discussion
Optic 6 & Telemetry

Hi,

I purchased the module and 7 channel rx for my Optic 6. In Toledo I was told I could use telemetry in some fashion if I connected to the PC (obviously you cannot get any telemetry data on the optic screen). So, my question is this:

If I buy the HPP 22 what will I be able to download to my pc? Is there telemetry data stored for a certain number of flights, or a particular time or what?

Just wondering if buying the HPP22 is a good idea or not. I understand that I could update firmware on the rx (no updates yet though) and perhaps update module software (dont know if that has been updated), but just wondered what telemetry data I might get.

Thanks in advance.
Gene
GeneR is offline Find More Posts by GeneR
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2010, 04:20 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneR View Post
Hi, I purchased the module and 7 channel rx for my Optic 6. In Toledo I was told I could use telemetry in some fashion if I connected to the PC (obviously you cannot get any telemetry data on the optic screen). So, my question is this: If I buy the HPP 22 what will I be able to download to my pc? Is there telemetry data stored for a certain number of flights, or a particular time or what? Just wondering if buying the HPP22 is a good idea or not. I understand that I could update firmware on the rx (no updates yet though) and perhaps update module software (dont know if that has been updated), but just wondered what telemetry data I might get. Thanks in advance. Gene
"The low battery warning is built in and all other Hitec telemetry goodies are available, but only through a PC with the HPP-22 interface connected to the module. - Mike. "
Connect the module to a PC through the HPP-22 USB interface and log the data.
There is also an app that will let you see your models flight path on Google Earth.

Hitec RCD 2010 Catalogue has colour page on telemetry.
Aurora A9 Telemetry - Screens & Displays
Aurora A9 Telemetry - Screens & Displays - Video
Aurora A9 Telemetry - Compatibility & Open Source - status
and more at
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old May 24, 2010, 05:28 PM
Lake City, PA USA
Joined Sep 1999
333 Posts
Sorry to seem dense, but do I:

Connect the 22 to the module while flying to get the data (unlikely),

Connect the 22 to the module after each flight to get the data on that flight,

Connect the 22 after I get home and get data on all flights of the day?

I have looked at the HPP22 instructions and they are not clear on how this works.

Thank you!
Gene
Old May 24, 2010, 11:07 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,200 Posts
You would have to connect the HPP-22 to the module while flying. Of course this is not very practical so in the near future we will offer a USB device that will pick up the telemetry data wirelessly to the PC.

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Old May 25, 2010, 05:32 AM
Lake City, PA USA
Joined Sep 1999
333 Posts
Wow, OK,

When I was in Toledo I was told you could still get the telemetry through the PC... I would never have guessed this would involve hooking the tx up to the PC while flying.

I guess I will reserve judgement on the workability of this until I get to see the wireless device since I actually have a laptop. I guess the real answer is telemetry is out for me, at least for now.

How long till the wireless device is available and is there a device number I can look for.

Thanks for all.
Gene
Old Nov 18, 2010, 12:16 AM
Gustaff
Guatemala
Joined Aug 2008
18 Posts
Mike:

Is there any way to display Telemetry data on OSD, Is your telemetry compatible with any OSD? or do you have plans fo HITEC OSD?
Lherning is offline Find More Posts by Lherning
Old Nov 18, 2010, 03:47 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lherning View Post
Mike: Is there any way to display Telemetry data on OSD, Is your telemetry compatible with any OSD? or do you have plans fo HITEC OSD?
A separate screen to clip on top of TX is on the items to come list.
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features has current available info:
Telemetry - Instruction Sheets & User Guide.
Telemetry - Battery Voltage via SPC for EP Models
Telemetry - Flying Range
Telemetry - HTS-Voice Telemetry Voice Announcing System
Telemetry - HTS-Navi AFHSS 2.4GHz wireless USB Telemetry Receiver
Telemetry - Range test Using Segway & GPS - Video - Remarkable 2100+ft not only through large obstacles but also with Heli sitting in ground effect.
Telemetry - Screens & Displays
Telemetry - Full installation in Skylink 50cc - Video( 6 min 29 sec)
Telemetry - Screens & Displays - Video
Telemetry - Download Demo 2D Graphic Flight displays of an actual flight. NB: GPS updates every .5 sec and will be fairly accurate for level flight but not dive speed since it is using ground coordinates for the calculation.
Telemetry - Compatibility & Open Source - status
Telemetry System - Spectra Pro installed Alternate TX Connections.

Regards
Alan T.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 06:56 PM
Nevada, USA
Joined Sep 2007
1,921 Posts
Hi, can Telemetry data be displayed in real time on google earth via usb cable-laptop or is this not possible?
capt is offline Find More Posts by capt
Old Dec 26, 2010, 08:49 AM
United Kingdom, England, Lancs
Joined Apr 2005
563 Posts
i have enough gear to take when i go flying. seems like a crazy idea to lug a laptop or a PC along to capture the data? why not just record it to an SD memory card?
VinceHaworth is offline Find More Posts by VinceHaworth
Old Dec 26, 2010, 11:23 AM
Lake City, PA USA
Joined Sep 1999
333 Posts
Sounds perfect to me. I almost always have my netbook with me.

I have one on pre-order...

Gene
Old Dec 26, 2010, 12:55 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Optic 6 & Telemetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceHaworth View Post
i have enough gear to take when i go flying. seems like a crazy idea to lug a laptop or a PC along to capture the data? why not just record it to an SD memory card?
1. Perhaps because the Optic 6 does not have an SD card slot.
However, an SD card slot is on the wish list for future enhancements to the Spectra 2.4 module.
2. Use the Telemetry - HTS-Navi AFHSS 2.4GHz Wireless USB Telemetry Receiver direct to your laptop or PC if flying close to home.
3. Telemetry - Screens & Displays - Video shows why to get full benefit, until the yet to be released, clip on top of handle screen is available, a laptop or similar is very usefull.

more under Telemetry section at:
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips.
{Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.