SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Rickyd863, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 23, 2010, 09:46 PM
USA, KY, Louisville/Jefferson County
Joined Feb 2010
30 Posts
Discussion
Air Time?

May 23
Got my bearings in the other day and decided to finish the repair on the trex today. I paid attention on how the grips were removed and just reversed the process. or so i thought. On the last repair, when i had the bearing fall apart, i put everything back together, so i would be able to duplicate it, when the time came to do the bearing replacement. I took the grips off and noticed what looked like a bearing race still in the grip. I took the bearing that i got from horizon and compared it to the bearing in the other grip. It was the wrong bearing. It was smaller and had a flange. Luckily, i bought 2 complete sets from Boca and had correct ones. this is when i noticed that it was not a race in the grip but the outside shell of the old bearing.i managed to remove it and get everything replaced and lubed and reassembled. It was time to fly.. I too kthe trex outside and started to fire it up. I noticed the blades were not tracking properly. or so i think. I adjusted the linkage, 1/2 turn. this seemd to correct it or at least look better when spooled up. Even had a different pitch in sound now..I have my training gear on and get it into the air. i get about 2' and it starts to move a little. it is in a controlled movement. I shut it down. I do not care about flying at this time. i want to gt the hover down pat first. I do this a few times. I start to notice that the heli will not start a few times unless i unplug and replug the battery. I accidently touch the esc and motor. both are HOT. This is after flights of less then 30 seconds. I ands thinking that i have either a bad motor or esc.. This sucks. the only 2 parts that i do not have spares of.

I sit the trex on the picnic table and drink some tea and enjoy a smoke.. As I am looking at the trex, i see that i am using a different canopy this time. I changed them due to wanting to keep the CF canopy in good shape and didn't care about the plastic one. The plastic one does not have the vent in the bottom..It is solid. I will cut the bottom out and see if this affects the heat problem. I think that it just might. It was only about 85 today but the humidy was terrible. I had a friend come over so i put the trex up until the next time. I will check the tracking properly before i try to take it out again. i am using generic woodies this time and maybe i shouldn't have. I balanced them but maybe i overlooked something when i checked tracking. I will read and watch videos until I get it right..will mess with actual adjustments when i feel right about it.

I want to fly but do know it takes time.
Rickyd863 is offline Find More Posts by Rickyd863
to remove ads between posts