HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 22, 2010, 05:57 PM
Crazy Foamie Builder
United States, MD, Lexington Park
Joined Jan 2010
910 Posts
Discussion
Nitroplanes Brushless A-10 uneven motor light off help

Hey guys..your thoughts and possible solution. Have a Twin 55mm brushless A-10 from Nitroplanes. Problem i have is that one motor spins up before the other one. Will take about 10% throttle before the 2nd motor starts going, and then at WOT i can feel one is not pushing as much. Both ESC's are wired together from the factory. Any way you guys think i can correct this? The uneven thrust i think led to a crash on my maiden. Now rebuilt this sucker and want to get it up again. But worried about the same thing. Thoughts? Possible solutions? TIA for any help!

Dan
JettaManDan is offline Find More Posts by JettaManDan
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2010, 01:05 AM
NEWPORT BEACH, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2001
219 Posts
I had the same problem. If you try to take off with thrust differential without adding rudder mod, then you will most likely succed in ground looping.

I had to return the pair of ESCs back to my retailer for a matched set.
Antaeus is offline Find More Posts by Antaeus
Old Aug 07, 2010, 08:50 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Mar 2010
788 Posts
Have you set your throttle end points? That is most likely the issue.

Turn on your transmitter first and slowly move the throttle stick to full. Then make sure your plane is clear of anything and blocked so it won't go moving on you. The esc should prevent it from going full throttle right away but just in case. Now power up the plane. As soon as you hear the first arming beep or two, instantly close the throttle on your transmitter.

Now the motors should start as soon as the throttle stick is increased and should be nearly matched up. They will be matched in power but not totally synced in regards to sound.
jdlilfan is offline Find More Posts by jdlilfan