HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by trees, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 22, 2010, 08:25 AM
Slope Sauce
White Salmon WA
Joined Oct 2009
770 Posts
Discussion
"Frankie" The Franken Radian

The Radian is coming back! Well, the wings at least. As you may have read earlier, my Radian was killed by the ground and a tree. The wings and electronics survived. I really loved the plane so I planned on buying the parts to get it back together but it just seemed too expensive. The wings are nice so I thought, "Why not make my own sloper and use these wings?" The FrankenRadian is (almost) born. The blue foam is purchased and the fuse it roughly shaped. Servos are in the mail. RX is ready to roll. I'm going to re-cycle a battery from the junk box to power the RX. The tail section is in development, I'm thinking coro. This is going to be a weird bird. Pure sloper (no motor), 2 servos, 1 aileron, elevator. It's going to be built tough for light wind conditions and teaching future slope pilots. This is my first kinda-scratch build. I hope it flies.

Update:

"Frankie" flew, for a short time. I prematurely chucked it off a cliff before adequate glide testing and adjustment. Bad idea. The tail was WAY too heavy anyway, resulting in too much added nose weight for CG. I'll be rebuilding with a wiffel bat fuse, lighter tail group, servo mounted in front of CG and two ailerons. Should be fun and more effective.

trees is offline Find More Posts by trees
to remove ads between posts