SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by trees, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 22, 2010, 07:15 AM
Slope Sauce
White Salmon WA
Joined Oct 2009
770 Posts
Discussion
2010 - The Modern Age of RC Electronics with the Parkzone P51D BL

I was feeling a little empty having lost my everyday flier (Focke Wulf) so the search was on for a replacement. I've been happy with all but one of my Parkzone planes so that's where I started to look. I wanted 2.4ghz gear and something similar in size to the FW. Value was also a consideration. The look of the T-28 didn't appeal to me so I narrowed it down to the Corsair, BF-109 and P51D BL. They all seemed attractive but the P51 represented the best value if I could live without landing gear. I was reluctant due to my poor opinion of it's predecessor but the threads on RCG assured me that my experience with this new incarnation would be much improved. I put my faith in the groups and Parkzone and whipped out my credit card. I followed a similar un-boxing and setup as my Radian and before I knew it I was in the air. This was so drastically different than my first generation P51 it was unreal. So much fun! Fast, easy to fly, easy to land, durable, easily repairable, easy access to electronics and battery, better wing and servo configuration, easily upgradeable to rudder ship. I was in business! New daily flyer found! Relative to how long I've had this plane I've flown it quite a bit. I've had a blast with it and would recommend it to anyone looking for something in this class.

trees is offline Find More Posts by trees
to remove ads between posts