HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by trees, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 22, 2010, 08:12 AM
Slope Sauce
White Salmon WA
Joined Oct 2009
770 Posts
Discussion
2009 - Parkzone P51D Mustang Disappointment

The 2nd warbird in the trade lot. Some parts were back-ordered so I had to wait awhile longer to get this bird in the air. I had such good luck with the Focke Wulf I was eager to try the P51 out. I had a blast flying the P51 in the sim so I planned on keeping it and selling the FW to a friend if he was interested. Parts finally arrived, spent the night repairing and bench trimming. I heard bad things about it being stall happy and somewhat of a chore to launch so I studied hard online, watched videos, etc. Headed to the park early the next morning ready for fun. Cranked the throttle, gave it my best javelin and held on for the ride. Did some trimming but this thing was flying awful. I don't know if I had a radio issue or what but the bird was wild and I mean wild in a bad way. It wasn't long before it came in for a hard landing. I didn't think much of it until I walked up and noticed it was a wreck. The P51 just does not take impact like the Focke Wulf. I flew for less than a couple minutes and I was already in need of another fuselage. Not happy! If the internal frame was replaceable (like the FW) I that would have been sufficient, no such luck. I ordered the parts and tried again. Even with a brand new fuse this thing showed many signs of it being garbage. The battery door broke before I even got a battery in. The battery compartment was a nuisance. Access to the electronics was a more involved affair than the FW. The list goes on. I really have nothing good to say about this plane. I stripped some of the parts and sent it away. Good riddance!

trees is offline Find More Posts by trees
to remove ads between posts