SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by trees, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 22, 2010, 08:10 AM
Slope Sauce
White Salmon WA
Joined Oct 2009
770 Posts
Discussion
2009 - Bigger and Faster with the Parkzone Focke Wulf 190

My first warbird! I finally brushed off the dust and traded all of my old nitro truck stuff for a lot of 2 broken planes and 2 helicopters. I ordered the parts and impatiently waited for them to arrive. Once the parts arrived the repairs began. In an evening the "Focken Wulf" was fixed, trimmed and ready for action. I took it to the park, put in the battery, did a radio check, held my breath, cranked the throttle, ran about ten feet and heaved it up in the air. It flew! I was totally in love. I never expected to be taken by this plane but it instantly became my favorite. I had one major crash, repaired it, got back in the air. From then on it only sustained minor damage and eventually I no longert crashed and my landings became smooth and uneventful. I had tons of fun with this plane and flew it daily. The more wind the more I enjoyed flying it (first sighs of the upcoming slope addiction). The scale of this plane was responsible for killing my interest in the PZ UM Sukhoi. I had plans to upgrade the FW electronics to Spektrum gear but disaster struck first. One day while flying at a friends house the radio glitched sending my beloved Focke Wulf nose first into the ground from approximately 80 feet. She was dead. I usually do well accepting such RC tragedies but I couldn't help but feel sad about this loss. I intended to go all out and bring this plane back to life with BL motor, updated radio gear, lipo batteries, rudder, etc. but it just didn't seem cost effective considering the current BnF options on the market. You will be missed "Focken Wulf".

trees is offline Find More Posts by trees
to remove ads between posts