SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 11, 2003, 06:38 PM
South Fla.
Joined Jul 2002
120 Posts
Sea Vixen or vampire

Guys, does anyone know of any decent flying design of a Sea Vixen or Vampire in EDF form? hw-609 or Midi fan perfered. I would really like to stay with balsa/ply construction. Maybe someone has a file they would like to share I have done a few searches but not much comes up on it.

There is one in the photo section of Peter Wilson but it was scratch built so no real info is avail on it. Sweet looking bird though

http://rcgallery.net/showphoto.php?p...t=1&thecat=509

Thx.
BW
BruceWilkerson is offline Find More Posts by BruceWilkerson
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2003, 06:46 PM
Joined Sep 2002
7,938 Posts
You might want to give Will an email. Don't know if he has them ready or not, but he may have plans for a wood build too.

http://www.electricflight.connectfre...enom_info.html

Steve
U812 is offline Find More Posts by U812
Old Jun 11, 2003, 08:44 PM
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Nov 2000
1,120 Posts
Trappit (England) has plans for a 56" ws Vampire that flies very nice on Midi fan with retracts and bomb drop. Plans need to be modified to have a symetrical plane. There have been many pictures of my son's Vampire here in e-zone, Flying Models, and RC Jet International.
Bob Reynolds is offline Find More Posts by Bob Reynolds
Old Jun 11, 2003, 09:36 PM
Valencia, CA
Joined Oct 2002
3,700 Posts
E-Bay Vampire Plan Set

There is a plan set on e-bay for a 59" wing, 46" balsa construction EDF model of the DH-100 Vampire. I got a U-2 plan set, which looks pretty good, from the same supplier . Construction appears to be similar to E.A.M. kits of other models discussed on this site. I do not know who designed the model or whether the plans are a copy of the Traplet set.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=2563
P_J_Glor is online now Find More Posts by P_J_Glor
Old Jun 12, 2003, 04:14 AM
My cat up close
England
Joined Feb 2001
4,021 Posts
I saw a Sea Vixen flying at my local seafront airshow a couple of weeks ago,gorgeous sight,and powerful.
Of the two,I'd choose the Sea Vixen.

Chris Golds designed one (Traplet plan), not sure if it's a single or twin though.Anyway,you could scale it photographically at your copy shop in order to fit 90mm fans.

Matt
bipeflyer is offline Find More Posts by bipeflyer
Old Jun 12, 2003, 09:44 AM
Joined Apr 2002
340 Posts
Any one got contact details for Dave and Will beaver?

When I get Haldors Mig out of the way that Vamp look like to be my next victim.
Regards
Gary
Gary M uk is offline Find More Posts by Gary M uk
Old Jun 12, 2003, 09:47 AM
Purple power
shadow hills,ca
Joined Apr 2000
6,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary M uk
Any one got contact details for Dave and Will beaver?

When I get Haldors Mig out of the way that Vamp look like to be my next victim.
Regards
Gary
http://www.electricflight.connectfree.co.uk/index.html
gregg f is offline Find More Posts by gregg f
Old Jun 12, 2003, 09:57 AM
Joined Apr 2002
340 Posts
Nice one Gregg.
Cheers.
Gary
Old Jun 12, 2003, 10:31 AM
Santiago Pudahuel, Chile
Joined May 2003
1,286 Posts
Can anybody tell me the differences between DH100 and DH115 vampire?

thanks,

JL
JLSalas is offline Find More Posts by JLSalas
Old Jun 12, 2003, 11:01 AM
Joined Apr 2002
340 Posts
Erm........15 I think.
Old Jun 12, 2003, 12:17 PM
Aurora, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2002
1,614 Posts
Re: E-Bay Vampire Plan Set

Quote:
Originally posted by P_J_Glor
There is a plan set on e-bay for a 59" wing, 46" balsa construction EDF model of the DH-100 Vampire. I got a U-2 plan set, which looks pretty good, from the same supplier . Construction appears to be similar to E.A.M. kits of other models discussed on this site. I do not know who designed the model or whether the plans are a copy of the Traplet set.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=2563
Just checked out the auction. Better get out the barge-pole, because it's "Uncle Willie", purveyor of copies of plan sets for which he does not have the permission of the copyright owner.

Check the other threads on copyright infringement and his name comes up in just about all of them.

My suggestion is to look at the plans, and then go to the actual publisher and get the plans.

His major defense is that the plans do not say "copyright, etc...". Unfortunately, the actual interpretation of copyright from the last go-around is that it doesn't have to say so to be covered, just published. They actually took things the other way. If something is to be "public domain", you have to post that.

Sorry if I sound a bit over-the-top, but I've got friends and family who create for a living. I'd rather pay a dollar or two more and keep them working....
byrocat is offline Find More Posts by byrocat
Old Jun 12, 2003, 12:27 PM
Aurora, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2002
1,614 Posts
Plan set is available from Model Alliance Press

http://www.modelactivitypress.com/am...ale%20Electric

Going for 18 pounds, which works out to about $30US. Crisp clear and original copy (not a copy-of-copy-of....)

Oh, yes.... His pictures of the RCAF DH-100's are NOT public-domain, but are copyright Department of Defense Canada.
byrocat is offline Find More Posts by byrocat
Old Jun 12, 2003, 12:41 PM
Ocala, Fla
Joined Mar 2002
262 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JLSalas
Can anybody tell me the differences between DH100 and DH115 vampire?

thanks,

JL
JL, the difference is the 100 was a single seat and flown in mass production in 1943 I think.
The 115 was actually an updated version of the 113 and being a double cockpit know as a Vampire trainer. Mass production in 1950

Several changes were also made in powerplants during the years as well.

<BW>
Thank for the e-mail I do not expect our 1/10 version to be out untill Oct. 03 It still needs to be finished and flight testing before it is released to the public. It will however include MK.1 through MK.52 versions which were the wingtips and fin/rudder.

You have several options in this thread.......but The one on E-bay is a copy. Sorry but I'm with Byrocat on this one.

Thanks
Mark Turner
RT Models
Mark Turner is offline Find More Posts by Mark Turner
Old Jun 12, 2003, 05:09 PM
Santiago Pudahuel, Chile
Joined May 2003
1,286 Posts
Thanks Mark.

JL
JLSalas is offline Find More Posts by JLSalas
Old Jun 12, 2003, 05:12 PM
Big gov never Works
Skunk Water, Rhode Island
Joined Jul 2002
12,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Turner
JL, the difference is the 100 was a single seat and flown in mass production in 1943 I think.

RT Models
Mark, are you sure of the year? "43" sounds kinda early, for mass production. This would put it before the Luftwaffa.

Steve
St. Martin is offline Find More Posts by St. Martin