HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by trees, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 22, 2010, 08:00 AM
Slope Sauce
White Salmon WA
Joined Oct 2009
770 Posts
Discussion
2009 - Parkzone Radian

I take a trip to the Oregon coast with my girlfriend and the dogs. We pass by the previously mentioned slope spot. I take pictures and tell her about the time I saw that guy slermaling years ago.

The seed is replanted.

Parkzone Radian - When I got home I started to research sailplanes. I thought to myself "how cool would it be to have a sailplane with a motor so I don't have to do all of this bungee launching stuff?". I modified my search and bam, there it was, the Parkzone Radian. I dug deeper and found other options like the Easy Glider and such. The Radian seemed to be a more complete package so I laid out the cash and walked away with the big box.

It doesn't get much easier than this. Skim the manual, charge the battery, minor assembly, go. Before I knew it I was flying and crashing at my local baseball field. It was not pretty but I could get some decent flight time in before breaking something. I mainly only damaged the plane on landings but repairs we're easy and not usually taking up more than 15-30 minutes after a flight session. I was very happy.

At first I felt like the Radian was a bit sensitive to the wind but eventually learned that I, like most beginners, was continually over-correcting and flying nervously. I can't remember if I was using dual rates but I'm sure low would have helped me. Once I got used to the Radian I was able to fly it in relatively high and gusty winds. Fun!

One day while flying in stormy conditions my wings popped off at approximately 300ft. The wings performed a fluttering dance in the air as they floated earthbound and the rest of the airframe impatiently torpedoed toward a tree alongside a gravel road. I was in shock as I witnessed the death of my beloved bird. It was theater to say the least.

All electronics survived as well as the wings but I felt like it was time for something different.
trees is offline Find More Posts by trees
to remove ads between posts