Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lama400 View Post
Hello

Lots of questions :-)
Bought one on Amazon but now having the random full throttle (RFT) :-) So do I send back or repair? I would like to keep, for the 2 minutes it flew was loads of fun!

Have been reading the thread but I am not sure what to replace, sounds like the PCB and I see different channels PCB's available so how do I know what the transmitter freq is?

Thank for any help
Do you have the new S022G with the lcd tx?

Sounds like the interference my old 27mhz non-gyro version was prone to. Try a different flying area and see if the problem persists. These things can be a blast to fly when the tx maintains control.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2012, 02:11 AM
Joined Jun 2010
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
Do you have the new S022G with the lcd tx?

Sounds like the interference my old 27mhz non-gyro version was prone to. Try a different flying area and see if the problem persists. These things can be a blast to fly when the tx maintains control.

regards . . . g
This is the non-gyro one.
lama400 is offline Find More Posts by lama400
Old Apr 21, 2012, 08:45 AM
Vroooom putta putta putta
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
I see MeritLine has S022s for $44.99 shipped.

http://www.meritline.com/syma-s022-c...--p-75547.aspx
SubtleT is offline Find More Posts by SubtleT
Old Apr 21, 2012, 08:51 AM
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
Does this video show the "surge" problem people are talking about?

Why Syma S022 Big CH-47 Chinook Should be recalled (2 min 38 sec)
Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:02 PM
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubtleT View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKVNkjDQl-w
Yep. Pretty much what mine did but only in my back yard. In the front yard or out in the park I had no issues at all. I also could hover in my family room with no issues.

I found if I put the throttle all the way to the top and then back to zero, the heli would shut down. The new owner lives on an acreage and has no issues either.

I am convinced the 27mhz receiver is super sensitive to interference. And when it takes off it can be very dangerous!
Old Apr 21, 2012, 03:09 PM
Motto - fly it, crash it = fun
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2007
101 Posts
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKVNkjDQl-w
That's what mine did, too, but it went wild just as I turned it on. Good thing it wasn't near my face. Did it inside and outside.
fs2flyer is offline Find More Posts by fs2flyer
Old Apr 21, 2012, 08:16 PM
USA, HI, Honolulu
Joined Jan 2011
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner1751 View Post
There were several sellers on Aliexpress, but it looks like one now. Look for the "GYRO" on the controller. Some vendors claim S022G, but have the S022 controller. I ordered one from this vendor, will have to wait and see what arrives.

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html
Received the heli today - non-gyro version
Spanner1751 is offline Find More Posts by Spanner1751
Old Apr 21, 2012, 10:42 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
One vendor has these in 27MHZ and "40MHz" (probably 49MHz I'd guess).

While 49MHz is also used for other low-end purposes such as kids' walkie-talkies, cordless phones, etc. it probably doesn't suffer like 27MHz does from higher-power RC radios, CB radios, and worse yet illegal amplified CB radios many, er, "rustic types" still operate.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:00 AM
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
One vendor has these in 27MHZ and "40MHz" (probably 49MHz I'd guess).

While 49MHz is also used for other low-end purposes such as kids' walkie-talkies, cordless phones, etc. it probably doesn't suffer like 27MHz does from higher-power RC radios, CB radios, and worse yet illegal amplified CB radios many, er, "rustic types" still operate.
I am trying to repair an FXD A68688 large coaxial knockoff and it has an actual 40mhz pcb in it. The replacement genuine FXD 40mhz board works fine with it. No evidence of interference either.

I have a MJX F27 on 27mhz that has only mild interference in predictable areas, one in my house, one in my backyard. But all it does is cut out for a second, not go full throttle.

We have some hot-rodded HQ-852's that are on 72mhz. They also experience occasional interference with cutouts.

I tested the range of the S022 in a park and after about 100' (35 paces) it lost connection with the tx and just shutdown and dropped. But, another time, when my son turned on the F27 tx with its throttle at zero, the S022, which was on and its tx also at zero, took off on its own. Turning off the F27 tx shut the S022 down. Something odd about the S022 electronics.

Most of my helis are now 2.4ghz. No problems with them even with several same or different helis in the same field. The range on them is very good as well.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 03:58 AM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post

I have a MJX F27 on 27mhz that has only mild interference in predictable areas, one in my house, one in my backyard. But all it does is cut out for a second, not go full throttle.

We have some hot-rodded HQ-852's that are on 72mhz. They also experience occasional interference with cutouts.

I tested the range of the S022 in a park and after about 100' (35 paces) it lost connection with the tx and just shutdown and dropped. But, another time, when my son turned on the F27 tx with its throttle at zero, the S022, which was on and its tx also at zero, took off on its own. Turning off the F27 tx shut the S022 down. Something odd about the S022 electronics.
This will be down to the design of the ptotocol used to control the S022, at predefined intervals a packet of data (a string of ones and zeros, each section containing the information for each channel and one for each trim setting) is set to the Rx.

While the design of your MJX F27's protocol makes it cut out or shutdown with interference, the section of protocol in the S022 that deals with throttle will be seeing interference as TROTTLE HIGH, Rc aircraft being on the same frequency as CB radio and ground Rc has never been a brood idea. I remember even as a kid I would by "as is" (spares or repairs) Rc cars from Tandy, the old UK branch of RadioShack, some had no remotes, they would work of other remote but the sticks would be in the wrong places, old example on protocol there.

My S022 has occasional get stuck around MID throttle of no reason, no I nolonger live in a city you think my S022 would be safe from interference, I've seen some pretty big antenna on some of the houses round her e
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Apr 22, 2012, 04:21 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
I've seen some pretty big antenna on some of the houses round her e
Just think how big the bugs must be if you can see their "pretty big antenna on some of the houses"

Wales sounds a scary place
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Apr 22, 2012, 08:59 AM
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
I had the impression there were never any unlicensed 40MHz channels for R/C use in the U.S. or Canada, and that this was more often used in Europe.

If true, and if the S022s only come in 27Mhz & 40MHz, N. American owners might just be screwed then. A 40MHz S022 might not be legal in this market.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:40 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
Well darn, MeritLine says they only have 27HMz in stock too.

Perhaps the interference issue is what keeps these from being more popular.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:23 AM
Joined Apr 2012
3 Posts
charger not working?

Hi all: I just got my S022. I initially charged it for around 2 hours before first flight. I saw no change in the charging lights. The green and red stayed on steady. I gave up and flew the heli. It flew fine, however I also had the uncontrolled throttle up problem others have reported. This occurs when the transmitter is turned on first and can occur in flight.
I flew about 5 minutes. I then tried recharging. I set a kitchen timer, and charged for 1 hour, then another full hour. I once again see no change in the charge lights. I removed the battery door and the battery is not even warm. it is cool to the touch. Is my charger bad? I hate to attempt a flight once again and discharge the battery to far if it has not taken any charge.
On my S033G the green charging light goes out after full charge. Is the S022 supposed to do the same?
Also I have a red led on the transmitter. Is this normal? My s107 and s033G both have green transmitter lights.
Thanks all
-Stampee
stampee is offline Find More Posts by stampee
Old Apr 25, 2012, 03:49 PM
TH9X Firmware: Thus NG
Joined Mar 2010
159 Posts
Quote:
Well darn, MeritLine says they only have 27HMz in stock too.

Perhaps the interference issue is what keeps these from being more popular.
That`s why I can`t wait THIS will hopefully soon leave behind the prototype status.....
Promix is offline Find More Posts by Promix
Last edited by Promix; Apr 25, 2012 at 03:57 PM.