HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 04, 2012, 09:54 AM
TH9X Firmware: Thus NG
Joined Mar 2010
159 Posts
Are there any news about availability of DSM2ir ??
Can`t wait to do this fantastic mod to my IR copters.
Still waiting .....
Promix is offline Find More Posts by Promix
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2012, 08:42 PM
We can rebuild it!
djdavies83's Avatar
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Promix View Post
Are there any news about availability of DSM2ir ??
Can`t wait to do this fantastic mod to my IR copters.
Still waiting .....
I have to say I have really enjoyed beta testing this product, you know that you only need to mod a Heli if you want the full signal range of DSM2, if you only need the range of the stock Tx then DSM2ir can be used with a ir array and there would be no need to mod a it heli, the mod is only "needed" on the S022 as it has no ir.

Beta Testing of revision one has told us a lot but a couple of bits need tweaking before general release, I need to send off a S026 (nonG) Tx and one of my 6020-1 with Tx so the protocol for them in the DSM2ir can be rewritten, I'm hoping to get it sent off this week.

It's programmer has been doing a some work on existing products recently but I'm sure it won't be too much longer, as soone as the other beta tester and myself have version 2 I'll be starting a dedicated thread on it.
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83
Last edited by djdavies83; Mar 04, 2012 at 08:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2012, 03:48 PM
Motto - fly it, crash it = fun
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2007
101 Posts
I've been flying Syma heli's for a bit, now (107's, 026, & 033), and following this 026 thread with the intent of getting an 026 to have one more heli for calm outside use. However, many recent comments thru Amazon, and some here, refer to uncontrolled full throttle operation on recent units. That kinda turns me off. Also, I wish there was a larger Syma Chinook sorta up to the 26" 033 instead of the 12" 026. Maybe it'll evolve up like the 107 did.
fs2flyer is offline Find More Posts by fs2flyer
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 08, 2012, 01:26 AM
Aaron qin's Avatar
China, Guangdong
Joined Oct 2011
791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fs2flyer View Post
I've been flying Syma heli's for a bit, now (107's, 026, & 033), and following this 026 thread with the intent of getting an 026 to have one more heli for calm outside use. However, many recent comments thru Amazon, and some here, refer to uncontrolled full throttle operation on recent units. That kinda turns me off. Also, I wish there was a larger Syma Chinook sorta up to the 26" 033 instead of the 12" 026. Maybe it'll evolve up like the 107 did.
LOL,all the syma helis I played,there is a s022 on my desk,fash speed!awesome!
Bigger than the s026!
Aaron qin is online now Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 23, 2012, 03:56 PM
Motto - fly it, crash it = fun
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2007
101 Posts
I just got my S022 from TopToyExpress today and was very excited until I unboxed it. There was no battery cover on the transmitter.......bummer. Then, I added batteries anyway, turned on the transmitter, turned on the heli while sitting on my lap and...WHOA....the thing went to full throttle, left my lap, hit the door, walls, and I finally caught it in a room corner. I've read past posts about the same wild startup and a comment or two on the possibility of a failed circuit board, but no firm posts on a solution route. My first plan would be to return the darn thing and go sulk for a while.....very disappointing. Any better plans for my happiness?
fs2flyer is offline Find More Posts by fs2flyer
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2012, 05:03 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Heli Pad's Avatar
Joined Aug 2011
6,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fs2flyer View Post
I just got my S022 from TopToyExpress today and was very excited until I unboxed it. There was no battery cover on the transmitter.......bummer. Then, I added batteries anyway, turned on the transmitter, turned on the heli while sitting on my lap and...WHOA....the thing went to full throttle, left my lap, hit the door, walls, and I finally caught it in a room corner. I've read past posts about the same wild startup and a comment or two on the possibility of a failed circuit board, but no firm posts on a solution route. My first plan would be to return the darn thing and go sulk for a while.....very disappointing. Any better plans for my happiness?
That's a horror story and a half! I hope you weren't hurt in that process. That is indeed very disappointing and I hope that you would get a satisfactory resolution out of that one. Though I have no proof, that sounded like a helicopter returned as a defect and got turned around and sold it to you. Had you been outdoor starting it up, it would have flown back to the seller! Sheesh!
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2012, 05:11 PM
Motto - fly it, crash it = fun
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2007
101 Posts
A quick update......I tried the S022 for a few minutes again with it firmly in my hand. It did not surge at initial turn on, but it did speed up a bit twice while manipulating the throttle stick. I'll try a bit more longer time in my hand before I do much else. To keep me happy, I ordered another S022 from eBay and will try that.
fs2flyer is offline Find More Posts by fs2flyer
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2012, 06:11 PM
Registered User
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2011
88 Posts
Mine still surges and you never know when it will happen. Because of that, I have never attempted to fly it outside. I also think one of my front motors does not work either. I mainly just fly my two SoloPros inside for now.
WoodyBoater is offline Find More Posts by WoodyBoater
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2012, 04:46 PM
Motto - fly it, crash it = fun
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2007
101 Posts
Took the "crazy" S022 outside yesterday and it went wild.....hit the garage door, one car in the driveway, and finally got caught in the grass after a big roll to the right. The rotors were still trying to go while in the grass. Got the first response from TopToyExpress.....they wanted a picture of the heli I ordered (even after I sent an original order number). Photo was sent. We'll see what they do next. Shipping back to China will probably not make the return worthwhile.

Received my second S022 from eBay supplier and it has done fine for two short flights outside. I'd like to try to do some heli / transmitter exchanges to see if I can tell whether the crazy problem is with the heli circuit board or the transmitter. Sure wish we has a good technical analyst to resolve the source of the problem.
fs2flyer is offline Find More Posts by fs2flyer
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 02:13 AM
Registered User
USA, HI, Honolulu
Joined Jan 2011
63 Posts
S022G (gyro version) now available on AliExpress from two vendors. Nanjing Newpro and Shanghai YiYuan Trading Companies. Look for the gyro symbol on the controller. Some vendors say S022G, but are not a gyro version.

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs...olesalers.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html
Spanner1751 is offline Find More Posts by Spanner1751
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 08:17 AM
Registered User
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2011
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fs2flyer View Post
Took the "crazy" S022 outside yesterday and it went wild.....hit the garage door, one car in the driveway, and finally got caught in the grass after a big roll to the right. The rotors were still trying to go while in the grass. Got the first response from TopToyExpress.....they wanted a picture of the heli I ordered (even after I sent an original order number). Photo was sent. We'll see what they do next. Shipping back to China will probably not make the return worthwhile.

Received my second S022 from eBay supplier and it has done fine for two short flights outside. I'd like to try to do some heli / transmitter exchanges to see if I can tell whether the crazy problem is with the heli circuit board or the transmitter. Sure wish we has a good technical analyst to resolve the source of the problem.
I took mine outside yesterday afternoon just before dark. It also went wild and nearly crashed into my neighbor's house. The controls just didn't work and I'm so used to the rudder being on the left stick, that didn't help either. I let go of the throttle and after a few seconds, it finally dropped about 30ft. Before I could pick it up, it took off again and I had to duck. I'm done with it and will stick to my SoloPro.

Oh crap, now I see in the post above me the 22G is now available. I have to resist
WoodyBoater is offline Find More Posts by WoodyBoater
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 08:53 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
RoboHeli's Avatar
Joined Dec 2011
4,583 Posts
Oh...dear...

S022G added to my wish list...
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:30 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Heli Pad's Avatar
Joined Aug 2011
6,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Oh...dear...

S022G added to my wish list...
Knowing how much you love tandem, I have a feeling that you would not be able to resist.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:43 AM
Different fly 4 different guy
gordonzo's Avatar
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
I had an s022 a while back and if I turned on the tx first, it was fine, most of the time. But any other similar signal nearby would cause it to go nuts, and overpower the tx signal. I think they used a bad frequency there because I have a 27mhz T23 heli with no range or interferance issues at all.

One day I had it on a stool outside, and my son started up his 27mhz F27. The s022 took off straight up and up and up . . . . I though it was gone . . . but when the F27 tx was shut off, I regained control and landed the s022. Kind of a scary system.

I sold it to a friend that lives out in the country and has no issues with it at all. Hopefully the 'G' has that issue cleared up because it really is a good, durable, fun to fly heli.
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2012, 02:35 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
1 Posts
I am new to the site and looking for a little help. I have an s022 and my problem is, for some reason it flys backwards. I have tried adjusting the trim to no avail. Even when I push the controller fully forwards, it slowly flies backwards. Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.
superj0 is offline Find More Posts by superj0
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-Review SYMA S026 Mini chinook killbucket Coaxial Helicopters 892 Dec 30, 2013 01:32 AM
Mini-Review Big Chinook- Syma S022 killbucket Coaxial Helicopters 105 Jun 09, 2011 09:16 AM
For Sale 1x 3CH EMAX Chinook/ 2x 3CH Syma S008 Explorers scottgregory74 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Jan 06, 2010 11:25 AM