Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 31, 2011, 03:10 PM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2011
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
I have dealt with XHeli three times in the past and three times I got screwed on the order. The hassle to get it corrected was not worth the trouble so I started ordering from overseas. Not only is the service better from my overseas dealers, the shipping is also faster.

I have ordered many a time from other USA suppliers and had my stuff here within 5 days. XHeli took over 3 weeks each time and the tracking number was useless, they only update after delivery. From my overseas suppliers I always know exactly where my order is.
Sounds like I may have made a good decision then. I probably should have used my Amazon Prime acct though. I totally forgot about that. Doh!
WoodyBoater is offline Find More Posts by WoodyBoater
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2011, 03:12 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan russ View Post
...Not encouraging news, this is the first time I have ordered anything from Xheli, however I have had great service from nitroplanes and hobbypartz all of which are affiliated, so I'm still hoping that my parts will arrive in a week or so (but I'm not holding my breath, it seems that all dealings with any online hobby shop is a gamble.)

I got the chopper from amazon.com for $40 with free shipping.

+1 on not needing all the screws to get the body back together. consider it an efficiency improvement through weight reduction
You may be one of the lucky ones or they may have improved the service since I have ordered. However with me it is that I get discouraged after 3 strikeouts with the same company. They send me defective parts, the wrong parts etc. After I informed them they had send the wrong parts they did it once again UGH! Also you live in the USA so that makes a big difference in shipping time.

I know Nitroplanes and Raidentech and XHeli are related but did not know about HobbyPartz.
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Dec 31, 2011, 04:49 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,120 Posts
Sorry, Durk, to hear about your bad experiences with Xheli. My experience with them is the exact opposite. I have ordered from them many times. Every order came spot on, with the exception of one. There was nothing wrong with the order handling, but the product quality control was inconsistent out of the factory. I contacted them, and they immediate replaced the entire order. To date, they are one of my best sources and I recommend them to all my friends.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 01, 2012, 11:47 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3 Posts
So It seems I too will be ordering some new motors. I think I will replace the while set just in case the other are about to crap out as well. Anyone, modded on of these to use brushless motors or heatsinks?
matthewalan77 is offline Find More Posts by matthewalan77
Old Jan 01, 2012, 11:52 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewalan77 View Post
So It seems I too will be ordering some new motors. I think I will replace the while set just in case the other are about to crap out as well. Anyone, modded on of these to use brushless motors or heatsinks?
Replacing the whole set makes sense
I have not heard of anyone doing a brushless conversion nor using heatsinks in fact up until these posts on motors failing there has not been much activity for the S022. It has proved to be a very reliable heli with very little going wrong with it, one of the larger Syma helis that actually works
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Jan 01, 2012, 12:00 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
Replacing the whole set makes sense
I have not heard of anyone doing a brushless conversion nor using heatsinks in fact up until these posts on motors failing there has not been much activity for the S022. It has proved to be a very reliable heli with very little going wrong with it, one of the larger Syma helis that actually works
Thats reassuring. Hopefully I will be better life out of the replacement motors. Or maybe I will be a couple of sets. I am really digging it. I have a very large indoor space perfect for flying. Can't wait to get it repaired. Until I will have to settle for 3-5 minute fligh times.
matthewalan77 is offline Find More Posts by matthewalan77
Old Jan 01, 2012, 12:41 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewalan77 View Post
Thats reassuring. Hopefully I will be better life out of the replacement motors. Or maybe I will be a couple of sets. I am really digging it. I have a very large indoor space perfect for flying. Can't wait to get it repaired. Until I will have to settle for 3-5 minute fligh times.
Your flying space sounds great, you should try and do a video of you flying your Chinook and if you are getting 5 minute flying time it does not sound as if your motors are that bad. Could it be your battery that is on its way out?
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:18 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2011
35 Posts
Anxious to go the next step;

Awright gents, I've got her open and have performed one rudimentary test (or am I kidding myself and I've proven nothing at all ) by swapping out the wires to the two motor sets.

I'm pretty certain that the top rotor motor of the rear set is malfunctioning and needs to be replaced, and after swapping the two power plugs, it still didn't function, although all three other motors did function.

So my question is do you all recall whom were the recommended Ebay sellers? Oddly, the shipping expenses for the domestic suppliers like Xheli want $10 for shipping on a $6 motor set! The Hong Kong Ebay teams are all in for less than $10 and also might be just as fast.

Does anyone have a preference out there?

Thanks as always,

T21
Toltec21 is offline Find More Posts by Toltec21
Old Jan 01, 2012, 11:32 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,120 Posts
When ordering parts from Xheli, you should select "Spare Parts Express" as shipping option during check out, bringing shipping down to $4.95.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 02, 2012, 09:14 AM
Joined Dec 2011
35 Posts
Many thanks for the clarification;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
When ordering parts from Xheli, you should select "Spare Parts Express" as shipping option during check out, bringing shipping down to $4.95.
HP, thanks so much for pointing out the obvious . I had about 10 tabs open in my browser and was skimming things at that point. If that spare parts discount was a snake it would have bit me!!

Since it appears to be a flat rate, I'm going to try and remove my own motor assembly completely first and make sure I don't break anything in the process before placing my order. Thanks again,

T21
Old Jan 02, 2012, 02:49 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Jul 2011
71 Posts
Be careful when ordering motors from Xheli. Be very specific when ordering. Tell them which motor you want and tell them the color of the motor wires. I went thru a motor snafu with them. Just a heads up.
Big_Kid is offline Find More Posts by Big_Kid
Old Jan 02, 2012, 04:51 PM
Joined Dec 2011
35 Posts
Appreciate the heads up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Kid View Post
Be careful when ordering motors from Xheli. Be very specific when ordering. Tell them which motor you want and tell them the color of the motor wires. I went thru a motor snafu with them. Just a heads up.
I was worrying about the same thing...they obviously look alike and another site (I can't recall) showed "Rear Motor" with the wrong serial number, basically swapped with the front, so I'll be on guard.

In fact, I'll try and place the order via phone call.

Thanks again,

T21
Old Jan 03, 2012, 07:21 AM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Sep 2010
90 Posts
Don't know how good a price this is because I got my S022s more than a year ago, but I noticed these are $44on Amazon, sold by xheli but fulfilled by Amazon, so shipping is free.
semifast is offline Find More Posts by semifast
Old Jan 03, 2012, 08:28 AM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2011
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by semifast View Post
Don't know how good a price this is because I got my S022s more than a year ago, but I noticed these are $44on Amazon, sold by xheli but fulfilled by Amazon, so shipping is free.
I ordered one on 31 Dec from Top Toy and received a tracking number today. I have an Amazon Prime acct and totally forgot to look there. It would have been a few $ different between them and buying direct from China. From Toptoy.com, it was only $30 but then there is the shipping.

I was all finished with 3 channel coaxials until I saw this thread and after reading through most of it and watching videos, I found myself searching for one. I have seen some fun videos of indoor and outdoor flight. Someone posted one on youtube flying around in his home and then landing on a table next to the small chinook. That guy could really fly this thing.
WoodyBoater is offline Find More Posts by WoodyBoater
Old Jan 05, 2012, 10:47 AM
me, right now.
United States, NC, Clayton
Joined Nov 2009
498 Posts
I just installed the new set of motors and the chopper now flies great! The parts arrived from Xheli in about a week. not too shabby! Glad to have it back flying, now if only the wind would die.
hooligan russ is offline Find More Posts by hooligan russ