HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 08, 2011, 01:34 PM
TH9X Firmware: Thus NG
Joined Mar 2010
159 Posts
Hi Guys,

is there anyone who has mod the SO22 to 2,4Ghz system ? Hate to fly with the long antenna and would love to fly with a more quality transmitter. Also need to change to mode 1
Promix is offline Find More Posts by Promix
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2011, 03:17 AM
Joined Oct 2011
19 Posts
Hey guys, im new to the forums here but I wanted to join this conversation about the s022. I have recently bought one and have found quite a lot of enjoyment playing around with it. Im gonna upload what I have modified and changed and see what you all think. I've also been following the battery upgrade and am looking for a suitable battery for replacement. I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers guys!

[EDIT]

I just found this battery, can someone explain it to me, does the '800 Mah' tell the capacity of the battery? Would this last longer than a 600 Mah for example. Cheers guys (sorry for being a noob)

http://www.xheli.com/77p-sl800-2s1p-20c-2222.html
WhiskyLima is offline Find More Posts by WhiskyLima
Old Oct 11, 2011, 04:17 AM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,673 Posts
Welcome, that should be fine just check the size for correct dimentions and make sure you have a proper hobby charger, even a cheap one is better than the stock S022 charger, also the stcok cell has a overcharge PCB inside, Most hobby cells like the one you liked does not, the stock charger is not safe for this type of cell so if you are going to get this cell you will need a better charger.
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Oct 12, 2011, 05:47 AM
Joined Oct 2011
19 Posts
Cheers dj, I will have a look around for one then. Do you have any reccomendations? Cheers again.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 06:43 AM
Joined Oct 2011
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Flyer View Post
Hey guys!
Finally repaired my son's S022 smashed rear head and installed new Lipos. These are Kong 600mAh 2SP1 26C 7.4v Lipo Bateries. I bought mine from http://www.mars480.com/lipobatteries.html They cost about $9 each and will replace my puffy stock Lipo from a failed charger module marriage. I bought them for these reasons:

1. Replace lethargic stock part
2. 26C will provide more power
3. 600mAh capacity will provide longer flights with only a 5g weight gain
4. They can fit in the same battery holder WITHOUT MODIFICATIONS!

So what happened?
You first notice that the LED Lights seem slightly brighter. They appear hot white! Just my observation. Slightlymore power in the take-off. What you can't help but notice is how long you can hover at half throttle in the garage and the feeling that you have much more reserve than before. Either my skills have gotten better with this heli or it seems like you need to make trim adjustments less. Flights are longer and appear more sure footed; never a feeling of being underpowered.

Next I am going to try this rig outside to see if there are improvements there as well. I would think so. Will let you know.

PS. Mars just raised the price to $12.55 each!
May I ask what kind of charger you use for these? Im looking for a good upgrade and it seems like these might do the trick, but i dont know what to charge them with. Also the site you provided seems to be out of stock, do you know any others which stock them.

Many thanks in advance
Old Oct 12, 2011, 02:53 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,673 Posts
Got this for my bosses son....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskyLima View Post
Cheers dj, I will have a look around for one then. Do you have any reccomendations? Cheers again.

Quote:
Spec.
Input: 110v or 240v A/C (50/60Hz)
Output: 650mA per cell
CE, FCC Certified.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...40v_Input.html

It's basic but has fair reviews, plugs directly into the main via a figure of 8 power cable, UK buyers can get a UK cable from a pound shop or just cut the plug off and fit a UK one to it.

I've used it a couple of times and I may get one for myself, at the moment I'm using a stock Eflite 2/3S charger that is powered from a 12V 3A wall wart, the stock Eflite charger I'm using is ok for unprotected hobby cells as Eflite is a HOBBY RC company not a toy one like Syma, San Huan and UDi for example.
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Oct 16, 2011, 09:22 AM
Joined Oct 2011
19 Posts
Thanks DJ, I have started making some modifications to my S022 (not the battery yet) and I am quite happy with the results.. All who are interested can see my progress here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=380440

Old Oct 23, 2011, 12:29 PM
Joined Oct 2011
22 Posts
prejudice to excuse me if my f or the first place there a section here to present you can give me the link? because I do not find

are already in possession of different models and three helicopter rc airplane 1 already destroyed
Syma S026 and still in good condition and a few days ago I ordered a Syma S022
now my question is.
because I'm Italian and I do not understand English well,
and among all forum posts by this fantastic and I could understand what kind of micro camera is best for the Syma S022 are undecided as to which order
if I suggest it would be very happy poets you list those that I found

MD80 Mini DV Camera DVR

Car Key Chain Mini Room 808

obvious, then unmount it as light as possible to the micro chamber
also fit a battery less powerful and lighter

because I live in Italy and are quite expensive I can also give some links from which to order the products listed above with

I also accept suggestions on changes on S022 and miniature paintings camerine
to make things slightly more

thanks

ps I apologize for any grammatical errors I hope you understand
ruainicus is offline Find More Posts by ruainicus
Old Oct 23, 2011, 06:15 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruainicus View Post
prejudice to excuse me if my f or the first place there a section here to present you can give me the link? because I do not find

are already in possession of different models and three helicopter rc airplane 1 already destroyed
Syma S026 and still in good condition and a few days ago I ordered a Syma S022
now my question is.
because I'm Italian and I do not understand English well,
and among all forum posts by this fantastic and I could understand what kind of micro camera is best for the Syma S022 are undecided as to which order
if I suggest it would be very happy poets you list those that I found

MD80 Mini DV Camera DVR

Car Key Chain Mini Room 808

obvious, then unmount it as light as possible to the micro chamber

because I live in Italy and are quite expensive I can also give some links from which to order the products listed above with

I also accept suggestions on changes on S022 and miniature paintings camerine
to make things slightly more

thanks

ps I apologize for any grammatical errors I hope you understand

Caio ruainicus,

Ho avuto della difficoltà che trova un venditore in Hong Kong che spedirà a Italia. Queste maglie la porteranno a un venditore che spedirà a Italia. Questa è la #3 macchina fotografica e farà probabilmente per ciò che lei ha bisogno di.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Spy-Camera-Hidden-DV-Sports-Recorder-Keychain-3-/150677700852?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item231517 40f4#shId

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Spy-Car-Key-Camera-DVR-Card-Reader-Webcam-3-/150677696108?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item231517 2e6c#shId

Le migliori macchine fotografiche sono l'alta definizione e sono più caro. Sono intorno a €29 e lo stesso venditore li vende.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Keyfob-cam-DV-LENS-Camera-DVR-video-camera-808HD-11-/150676740863?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item231508 9aff

Lei deve fornire il suo proprio mini la carta di SD e deve essere un di classe 6 o meglio prendere dei risultati decenti. Spero che questo faccia del senso a lei poiché non parlo italiano così ho usato un servizio di traduzione in linea.

Caio John
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Oct 23, 2011, 06:26 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,706 Posts
Quote:

MD80 Mini DV Camera DVR

then unmount it as light as possible to the micro chamber

I also accept suggestions on changes on S022 and miniature paintings camerine to make things slightly more
Caio ruainicus,

Penso il MD80 Mini DVR di Macchina Fotografica di DV non è molto buono, ho due di loro e non sono tanto buono quanto la #3 macchina fotografica.

Non cambierei la batteria nella #3 macchina fotografica poiché è una molto piccola batteria e lei non risparmierà molto sul peso.

Lo S022 è molto buono senza i cambiamenti ma non amerà il vento forte, dovrà essere un molto calmo nessun giorno di vento di volare fuori.

Caio John
Old Oct 23, 2011, 08:40 PM
Joined Oct 2011
22 Posts
hello scotsoft

Thanks for the link, and tomorrow I have read your message and I arrived this evening I'm too tired to read all hahahaahahaha

I being in Italy because I will have to pay charges for customs? because I see that the object is located in hong kong
you have one more? # 3 of so you do not use Apple sent me and I pay you

I tried looking around a bit but I do not know if there where you see the customs to be paid and how much

then what does this mean
Postage: - Free Shipping Int'l Economy

that the shipment for free?

costs about $ 14

If there are expenses that will have to pay customs?

thank you very much
Old Oct 23, 2011, 09:03 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,706 Posts
Caio ruainicus,

Thanks for the link, and tomorrow I have read your message and I arrived this evening I'm too tired to read all hahahaahahaha

I being in Italy because I will have to pay charges for customs? because I see that the object is located in hong kong
I have never paid any customs charges for any camera from Hong Kong

you have one more? # 3 of so you do not use Apple sent me and I pay you
I have two #3 and use both, I do not understand what you write in red?

I tried looking around a bit but I do not know if there where you see the customs to be paid and how much
You would contact Italian customs and ask them if there were charges.

then what does this mean
Postage: - Free Shipping Int'l Economy
It means it is free to ship - no charge

costs about $ 14
The camera will cost $14

thank you very much
You are welcome
Old Oct 23, 2011, 09:24 PM
Joined Oct 2011
22 Posts
thanks
Old Oct 28, 2011, 02:21 PM
Joined Oct 2011
22 Posts
Hi,
I greet all
I hope I help you to crop,
I ordered a Syma S022 and they gave me a tracking nmumero I Googled and ended up in a number of tracking sites that tell me,
Carrier: Hongkong Post
Status: In Transit The shipment is in transit to destination ITS.
Shipped from: HONG KONG
Shipped on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Delivery to: ITALY
Scheduled for:
Service: REGISTERED LETTER
another tells me
Outward Registered Letter
Print friendly version Print friendly version
Destination - Italy
The item (RCxxxxxxxxxHK) left Hong Kong for ITS destination on 26-Oct-2011
Always when he ordered me to choose Chinese expedition placed 15-25 days
I have links I'm saying that I could see it but not so
https://www.deutschepost.de/sendungs...e=en&init=true
What does this number tracking (RCxxxxxxxxxHK) points to what type of rc e refer? we understand from the letters that are exactly the type of shipment?
I'm trackin on site tells me if I put the number
departure from hongkong packistan Italy
qunto know it takes to get to Italy?
thank you all for any help you give me.
ps I do not know if he has already written above, but re-read the whole nun CIU wilt adi
is there any way to track the number in italy?
down over and puts us more or less than a month?
danke thanks thanks
Old Oct 28, 2011, 02:30 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,706 Posts
Quote:
Hi,
I greet all
I hope I help you to crop,
I ordered a Syma S022 and they gave me a tracking nmumero I Googled and ended up in a number of tracking sites that tell me,
Carrier: Hongkong Post
Status: In Transit The shipment is in transit to destination ITS.
Shipped from: HONG KONG
Shipped on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Delivery to: ITALY
Scheduled for:
The shipping number is usually for the Hong Kong post only, it will not tell you when you are going to get your S022.
It will take a few weeks to get to you