SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 10, 2011, 03:28 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,685 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc C View Post
Need a part, pull it fron your stock and order a new one from supply.
That's kinda what I have done.... but with whole faulty helicopters.

Organisation is my trouble at the moment, that and keeping the working and faulty ones sepperate.
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2011, 04:28 PM
HBFPV1 Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Queensbury
Joined Jul 2009
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc C View Post
On the subject of spare parts I found that most (not all ) were available on E-Bay. I ordered spare parts almost as soon as I started flying my S022. Blades, shafts motors body shells, etc, etc. Most parts come from China and delivery time is in weeks. So once I started ordering I would get extra to build my own stock . kind of like a parts depot like we had in the Army.Need a part, pull it fron your stock and order a new one from supply.
That is a good idea Doc. Will have to do that myself..
colin1 is offline Find More Posts by colin1
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:54 PM
Joined Jul 2011
73 Posts
Hi I have an important question. What is the range of S022 TX ?
Meggy is offline Find More Posts by Meggy
Old Aug 13, 2011, 03:30 PM
Phoenix, Az
Joined Feb 2011
31 Posts
Depending on the strength of your tx batteries. Best way to test this is to turn the unit, place the helicopter on the ground. than walk away checking the controls as you get further away. don't let the bird fly, just see if you can control the rotors. When you are out of range the bird will not respond to your control inputs.
Doc C is offline Find More Posts by Doc C
Old Sep 21, 2011, 04:30 PM
Joined Sep 2011
2 Posts
I just got my S022 today, and it's not stable at all. It vibrates like crazy and just slides into everything or just spins like crazy.

I noticed the props only have 1 connect buckle instead of two on each, I believe that may be the cause of these huge vibrations and also not allowing it to hover in a stable manner.

I am aware of the trim settings, which do not seem to work for me.

Can someone chime in and tell me if the props are only supposed to have 1 connect buckle each?
notar is offline Find More Posts by notar
Old Sep 22, 2011, 05:01 AM
Hovering is a way of Life
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by notar View Post
I just got my S022 today, and it's not stable at all. It vibrates like crazy and just slides into everything or just spins like crazy.
I noticed the props only have 1 connect buckle instead of two on each, I believe that may be the cause of these huge vibrations and also not allowing it to hover in a stable manner.
I am aware of the trim settings, which do not seem to work for me.
Can someone chime in and tell me if the props are only supposed to have 1 connect buckle each?
They only need and come with one connect buckle on each set of rotors.

You have FWD & BCK Trim to balance the rotor sets and Yaw trim to keep it from spinning.

If the trims get too far out it will be hard to fly and adjust them.

Remove the batteries from the TX to reset all trims to null and then try again.
jtravel is online now Find More Posts by jtravel
Old Sep 22, 2011, 05:25 AM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,685 Posts
It soulds like a problem I had, it lead to a crash which killed my 808 camera, I think one of your motor endbells has come off slightly....

messed up front unit

Unit out for repair

See how the right hand motor's endbell is lefted at an angle? this photo was taken during the repair after I got caught on a phone line then flew upside down into the ground, he made a full recovery.

The angle of the motor endbell in these photos was enough to stop the motor working all together but a few months later one of the back motor endbells had lifted slightly, not enough to stop it working but more than enough really bad power fluctuations, this would allow it to fly normally for a few seconds then suddenly the rear would vibrate really badly (as the motor brushes made and lost contact with the comm) and it would pitch to the rear and the front rotas would start to circle around the the rear rotas like it was a 4 ch doing a tail in hover, and of course all this while going down at quite a rate, no amount of forward or yaw trim could compensate.

unscrew your casing and examine all four motors very closely, I missed this motor fault twice before I found it, asuming this is your problem push that endbell flat against the motor can and use a flat head screw driver to push the little metal tab of the motor can tighter against the plastic of the endbell and you should be fine.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 03:21 PM
ho ho whoa...
USA, CA, Bay Area
Joined Nov 2009
160 Posts
mine would spin like nuts unless I keep it on the move... that seems to be the best way to prevent the spinning.
fizzgig is offline Find More Posts by fizzgig
Old Sep 23, 2011, 02:07 AM
Joined Sep 2011
2 Posts
I got another one over-night shipping to my house, and the difference is night and day. The new one is noticeably lighter and hovers like a king, just smooth as can be. I took the single connect buckles off the old one and placed them onto the new S022 and it's stable as hell. I took them off and it started sliding and spinning, I suggest you guys get an extra set of connect buckles, it really makes a big difference in the vibrations and the way it handles.

Also my OLD S022 the engine seized up and the back top most prop won't move at all, I disassembled it and found that the copper wiring came loose inside the motor and the ends look welded.

I basically had a defective copter the first time around, I'm loving this thing, it's fun to fly around. But this S022 is now making me appreciate my S109G even more, which will hover and not move from where I put it, it's like an acrobatic little machine.

I recommend the S109G and the S022, I'm debating on buying the small chinook as well, to see how that handles.
notar is offline Find More Posts by notar
Old Sep 23, 2011, 02:59 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,707 Posts
I have a few S026 Chinooks, non gyro and gyro versions, and they are great little machines.
However there seems to be a quality issue with recent ones on sale and it is a bit hit and miss whether you get a good one or not.
It might be worthwhile asking here who has bought a good one recently and find out who is selling it .

Quote:
I'm debating on buying the small chinook as well, to see how that handles.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Sep 23, 2011, 03:26 AM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,685 Posts
While pretty stable for a nonG, it is still a non gyro helicopter, I've had a few ideas bouncing round about splicing in a S026G PCB so once I have one of them (nudge nudge, ill get you airwolf done soon mate) I'll be doing a build log of my S022G conversion.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 03:33 AM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,685 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
It soulds like a problem I had, it lead to a crash which killed my 808 camera, I think one of your motor endbells has come off slightly....
...Then got much worse.

Quote:

Also my OLD S022 the engine seized up and the back top most prop won't move at all, I disassembled it and found that the copper wiring came loose inside the motor and the ends look welded.
Normally I hate being right as it means something bad has happened, however this time I'm happy to be, Syma surgeon at your service!
Old Sep 23, 2011, 07:47 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,707 Posts
Oh I think a S026G board could be with you by return of post after my AIrwolf arrives into my grubby little hands

Nudge nudge indeed - roflmao

Quote:
I've had a few ideas bouncing round about splicing in a S026G PCB so once I have one of them (nudge nudge, ill get you airwolf done soon mate)
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:36 AM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,685 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
Oh I think a S026G board could be with you by return of post after my AIrwolf arrives into my grubby little hands

Nudge nudge indeed - roflmao
Hehe point taken, I best get to work then, Sunday night with a little luck.

Pop into the Syma S107 battery upgrade to see what I've had a little go at cooking up this afternoon. Of course your name is down for a free sample for evalution, infact I think I best send you two, actually make that three, I'll really need to know how to tweak it to fit a large number of our little heli.

Have you got any 1S extension cables at yours? If your ordering soon best pick up a pack on your next order for the samples I'm gonna send you, I don't have any to send with them.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 06:44 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,707 Posts
Quote:

Have you got any 1S extension cables at yours? If your ordering soon best pick up a pack on your next order for the samples I'm gonna send you, I don't have any to send with them.
I have some 1S extention cables from another job I never got round to

Had a look over on the other thread and that is a really good idea, especially as I have a shed load of those cells for my Blade helis.
The cells for the NE Solo Pro etc should fit as well.

I will get a selection of the fleet out and charged ready