SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 06, 2012, 12:52 AM
Joined Mar 2012
1 Posts
lowering the canopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdwaterBob View Post
Well, I think I am up-to-date on all my modifications at this point.

I did the lower blade flip, lowered the canopy, put the 9077 balance bar on, changed the tail rotor blade, cut 2" off the top blades only, modified the radio to have up/down/yaw on the left stick, flipped the horizontal stabilizer and painted her to suite my liking.

I don't plan on any more mods at this point.

Would like to know how you went about lowering the canopy.
Thanks,
James
Jameseddy is offline Find More Posts by Jameseddy
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2012, 08:05 PM
United Kingdom, Crawley
Joined Jan 2012
87 Posts
mine....just seeing if i can upload pics
zetecmk2 is offline Find More Posts by zetecmk2
Old Mar 08, 2012, 08:07 PM
United Kingdom, Crawley
Joined Jan 2012
87 Posts
it only worked!!!!
Old Mar 10, 2012, 07:59 AM
United Kingdom, Crawley
Joined Jan 2012
87 Posts
new blades just arrived!!!
Old Mar 11, 2012, 12:33 AM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Australia, NSW, Laurieton
Joined Jan 2012
306 Posts
Interesting color scheme
Auflyer is offline Find More Posts by Auflyer
Old Mar 12, 2012, 01:37 AM
Flyin high thru the sky
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined Feb 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralrover View Post
No. no wind, I trimmed it up but every time the weight started to lift off the grass, it keeled over.
I found that if I took off from the grass, it would fall over because the landing skids would get caught in the grass.

I started using a take off pad (dry erase drawing board) and it has never happened since. You could even just use a piece of card board assuming there is not enough wind to blow the card board away too.
RustyKrash is offline Find More Posts by RustyKrash
Old Mar 12, 2012, 04:38 PM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Joined Jan 2012
306 Posts
Beautiful still morning so took the old 9053 out for a while. Its amazing in no wind with the sea king rotor how much speed the thing was getting. After mostly flying my 4ch forgot how relaxing this thing is to fly. Will have to get the video out next time to prove to the Dennis Flora's of the world this thing can fly!!

Only issue I had was I was trying practise landings with speed on a round concrete drain cover on which it slipped of the side. As I have installed much larger screws in the lower blade grip which is stopped it stripping, it transferred the impact to the main gear and broke the plastic around the screws. Thats the ongoing issue, you fix one thing and it highlights a weakness elsewhere. Oh well still great fun
Old Mar 12, 2012, 05:27 PM
morris alabama
Joined Feb 2001
367 Posts
Agree 100%. Great way to fly late or early when the wind dies down.
tigermoth is offline Find More Posts by tigermoth
Old Mar 14, 2012, 03:29 AM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Joined Jan 2012
306 Posts
You know it's to windy but you fly anyway

After a great early morning flight with the 9053 I put it on charge and flew a few packs through my 9116's and v911. In the interim the wind picked up and I should have know better but oh well!!!! At about 15mts up had a blade strike which took the canopy off. Missed the grass on the front and nose dived into the concrete kerb

Bent the frame, small crack in the plastic floor and bent the main shaft. Didnt have a spare frame so took it off and between the vice and a hammer got it straight as I could. It doesnt look pretty but it fly's. Thats what I love about these things, crashed being stupid and and back in the air with a hammer and electrical tape

Last edited by Auflyer; Mar 14, 2012 at 06:14 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:20 AM
morris alabama
Joined Feb 2001
367 Posts
No other heli that I know of can take what these thing take. I like em cause I can fly in the backyard where I would never consider flying my exi 450.
tigermoth is offline Find More Posts by tigermoth
Old Mar 14, 2012, 06:48 PM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Joined Jan 2012
306 Posts
Think I spoke to soon, having weird issues today. First my tail stopped completely then came back on, did this several times. Then appeared to have tx issues with losing connection the regaining. I'm thinking it's either battery as it took a direct hit or something on the pcb? Pcb looks fine and battery tests ok. I have a new side frame coming so when I change it out I will swap things out one at a time to figure it out
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:28 PM
Australia, NSW, Waterfall
Joined Jun 2011
1,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auflyer View Post
Think I spoke to soon, having weird issues today. First my tail stopped completely then came back on, did this several times. Then appeared to have tx issues with losing connection the regaining. I'm thinking it's either battery as it took a direct hit or something on the pcb? Pcb looks fine and battery tests ok. I have a new side frame coming so when I change it out I will swap things out one at a time to figure it out
Do you need a new frame bloke? Have a few in the parts box and I am quicker than China as you already know...
Trelos05 is offline Find More Posts by Trelos05
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:33 PM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Joined Jan 2012
306 Posts
Thanks for the offer Trelos but picked one up here of a couple of bucks. When it gets here ill change over the battery and pcb independently to isolate fault
Old Mar 15, 2012, 08:50 PM
United States, GA, Byron
Joined Feb 2012
11 Posts
Mine is brand new, recieved yesterday and flew it in ground effect for about 4 minutes yesterday when the battery gave out. I charged it over night (full green light on charger) and attempted to fly today, again ground effect hover and slight control movements until I get "the hang" of this thing. The controls seemed hesitant and there was a 2-3 second delay between control input and copter responce. A couple times it stopped flying for a moment fell to the ground then took off again with no wind and no control inputs. Did this numerous times but the battery on the copter reads 7.6 volts and all the batteries in the controller are above 1.5 volts. Anyone else had problems like this?
konan8828 is offline Find More Posts by konan8828
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:17 AM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by konan8828 View Post
Mine is brand new, recieved yesterday and flew it in ground effect for about 4 minutes yesterday when the battery gave out. I charged it over night (full green light on charger) and attempted to fly today, again ground effect hover and slight control movements until I get "the hang" of this thing. The controls seemed hesitant and there was a 2-3 second delay between control input and copter responce. A couple times it stopped flying for a moment fell to the ground then took off again with no wind and no control inputs. Did this numerous times but the battery on the copter reads 7.6 volts and all the batteries in the controller are above 1.5 volts. Anyone else had problems like this?
You most likely fried the battery charging it over night...it may say 7.6v but it probably doesn't have any umphh anymore..over charging kills the battery.
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131