SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:57 PM
Joined Oct 2008
15 Posts
One thing you can do to increase forward flite is move your battery all the way towards the front nose. Another thing you can do is add some small weights to the inside of the canopy. This heli is a coaxial so it should be real easy to fly and at least hover with no problems. If yours is unstable there may be something out of whack with it. Have you used the trims to balance every channel yet?

There are many modifications you can do to improve performance on You tube (if you are handy with tools and such that is). Just search "9053 Violation helicopter". They should pop right up. Good luck!
jlanders001 is offline Find More Posts by jlanders001
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2012, 05:03 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,779 Posts
This sounds like just wind to me. This is a NO wind model. Take it out at dusk. Depends on your local weather really. Some places always have wind.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:09 AM
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCRC View Post
I just got this one yesterday from XHeli. The first 5 minutes of flight were quite impressive given the size and detail for an "out of the box" test run before setting it aside for a full charge. After two hours, I assumed I would be back in action but dissapointed to find I can't get the gyro to lock after repeated attempts ensure to power on the remote first, then the bird. The safety feature won't allow the motor to engage until this occurs. Several blogs have noted similar issues for this model attributed to everything from the ESC failing to the battery not actually taking a charge (although the LED indicates "full charge").. I've put an email into XHeli for guidance/replacement and will update the post once I hear.. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

The age old "you get what you pay for" may be the case here for these large electronic coaxials...
get used to it, u will be fixing, adjusting, looking for parts, waiting for parts, reading about looking and/or reading about fixing this helicopt
er WAAAY longer than u will ever fly 5 of these birds.......best use for them is clay pigeons for skeet shooting
seanMcD is offline Find More Posts by seanMcD
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:15 AM
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
dont waste yer time or money... After u fix that, the blade holders will strip out, go to ebay, buy a used sr120.......
seanMcD is offline Find More Posts by seanMcD
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:32 AM
United Kingdom, England, York
Joined Aug 2012
142 Posts
I've had mine a while now, and got about 20hrs clocked up.
The only thing stopping me flying now is I've lost the pin that holds the flybar on
Does this pin come in the flybar kit, or is it available separately?
col1n is offline Find More Posts by col1n
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:20 PM
morris alabama
Joined Feb 2001
367 Posts
Had mine over a year and it still is going strong. For what it is and that it is a stable slow beginner helicopter it is a good deal. Dont know about a the pin but a replacement should be easy to make out of a small nail or something similar.
tigermoth is offline Find More Posts by tigermoth
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:27 AM
United Kingdom, Crawley
Joined Jan 2012
87 Posts
mine did its job.....now messing with 4ch and building a couple of 6ch......i wouldn't have done this if it wasn't for my 9053, it got me intrested in heli's!!
zetecmk2 is offline Find More Posts by zetecmk2
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:56 PM
morris alabama
Joined Feb 2001
367 Posts
Most of the complaints I think are comming either from guys that cant fly the thing or guys that think its somehow supposed to be a trex 450 which they probably never will be able to fly.
tigermoth is offline Find More Posts by tigermoth
Old Oct 29, 2012, 02:12 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetecmk2 View Post
mine did its job.....now messing with 4ch and building a couple of 6ch......i wouldn't have done this if it wasn't for my 9053, it got me intrested in heli's!!
+1

my wife bought on of these for me two years ago, now i fly up to 600 sized 6ch helis. My son who is 7 is now learning to fly with the 9053.

My wife regrets getting me that xmas present...
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:47 AM
Falling with style
Australia, WA
Joined Sep 2012
8 Posts
I love this heli. It is built like a Sherman tank. I have crashed many times in the 3 months I've had it and after putting on a new flybar this week, it flys like new again.
It is the best learner heli.
joe bananas73 is offline Find More Posts by joe bananas73
Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:23 PM
United Kingdom, England, Wiltshire
Joined Nov 2012
1 Posts
Hi all. Just wanted to say that I've really enjoyed reading this thread about problems and mods for the 9053. I'm a complete newbie to this hobby so reading the threads has been a brilliant learning curve for flying mine. Got it the other day and flew it for the first time today!!! What a blast. Crashed it several times already, on a solid brick wall, in the rafters of the barn and it dropped 20ft to concrete. Hardly a scratch. Lost it in the field with a slight wind, but managed to land it safely before it dropped onto the busy local road. Have now 'flipped' the B blades and ordered a bigger tail rotor and plastic balancing bar. The only 'problem' I seem to have is to know how long it takes to charge the stock battery and when to know that it's charged. Does the flashing charge light become solid when full? Any help would be appreciated.
cottonbud is offline Find More Posts by cottonbud
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:35 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Argyll and Bute
Joined Oct 2012
821 Posts
battery's

I had the same issues with charging my s033g so went on Ebay and bought an Imax b6 digital charger for around 16 and haven't looked back.Brilliant value for money, will quick charge and charge anything from my car to my s107 PROPERLY!The ones supplied are dangerous in my opinion-good luck
drambuidhe is online now Find More Posts by drambuidhe
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:45 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Orland Park, Illinois
Joined Feb 2010
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drambuidhe View Post
I had the same issues with charging my s033g so went on Ebay and bought an Imax b6 digital charger for around 16 and haven't looked back.Brilliant value for money, will quick charge and charge anything from my car to my s107 PROPERLY!The ones supplied are dangerous in my opinion-good luck
I certainly agree with THAT. The lights on my DH chargers have never worked.
I use a digital thermometer taped to the battery-packs just to guess when to unplug 'em.
IceRail is offline Find More Posts by IceRail
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:21 PM
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
Won't lift off

Hello,

I tried to search through the list of messages, but 108 pages makes it tough.

I got one of these and it seems to have plenty of power, but all it does is spin to the left and doesn't take off of the ground. I am new to these "big" machines... All my others have been little indoor Symas, so I'm not completely oblivious to them, but I'm not sure what to think.

I tried totally draining the battery (it ran at high for a solid 10 minutes) and recharging it, but to no avail. It hasn't crashed or anything. It's never taken off the ground, so tough to crash it!

I appreciate any insight. Thanks.
moneytrain8 is offline Find More Posts by moneytrain8
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:43 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,718 Posts
Sounds like a problem i heard about where there is something not tightend on the inner shaft... I would need to have a look at mine to see the exact part i'm talking about, but if you hold the gears and can spin the blades then something is not tightend correctly. (i think.... Its been a while sence i've used this heli)

there is a vid on youtube where a guy uses a pin and some wire and glue to fix the problem. It has something to do with the upper/inner shaft.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean