HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:25 PM
Australia, NSW, Armidale
Joined May 2012
45 Posts
Dh9053 camera test

just a quick upload of recent test with keychain camera and the beeping noise is my voltage gauge
RCMad39 is offline Find More Posts by RCMad39
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:27 PM
Australia, NSW, Armidale
Joined May 2012
45 Posts
DH9053 Cam test

DH9053 test flight and crash (2 min 27 sec)
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:40 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,699 Posts
Wow! What was all that noise? And all the pitching.
. On a coax?
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jun 26, 2012, 06:51 AM
Australia, NSW, Armidale
Joined May 2012
45 Posts
Dh9053

all that pitching was from 6 klm an hour winds and the noise would ever be the blades and motor or the beeping noise was the voltage gauge reader and it was only a test run as adding foam padding to try and reduce vibration
Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:56 PM
United States, WA, Longview
Joined Sep 2011
42 Posts
PCB board and tail motor problems

Hi
I just got a DoubleHorse 9053 Volitation co-ax and I'm havine a few problems. If anyone can maybe shed some light on them I would be very greatful.

Machine worked okay for the first couple of runups and then the tail rotor just stopped working. Checked it out and there is no problem between the connection on the rx pcb and the motor. Motor runs just fine if unplugged from the rx pcb and power is applied to the plug on the wires going to the motor. Main rotors worked just fine. Thinking that the rx pcb was bad I ordered a new one. Got it and installed it.
Now when I power the board on, the red light comes on and blinks in a series of two or three blinks until I turn on the tx at which point it stays solid. My problem now is that when I start to apply throttle the main rotors lurch about an eigth of a turn and stop and the red led light on the pcb starts to flash on and off fairly rapidly until I shut down the throttle on the tx at which point it turns solid again. Each motor does the same thing when I plug them indivually, one at a time or if I reverse the motor leads. Still can't get the tail motor to work. Can the tail rotor work without the main rotors turning?
Does anyone know if there is anywhere to look to find out what the flashing red light on the pcb stands for, is there a code that may tell what is wrong or something like that. I have checked all the batteries and both the Li-ion and the tx batteries are fully charged and all the lights work fine. I'm at a loss as to what to do next. I put the old PCB board back on and the main rotor spin up just like normal and the tail still doesn't work. I'm guessing that the tx is talking to the new pcb because there is a response when I turn the tx on and apply throttle. Is there something more that I have to do to mate this old tx with this new board? If so, how? Any insight or help would again, be greatly appreciated. I really would like to get this thing in the air if possible. thank you
alfstan is offline Find More Posts by alfstan
Old Jun 29, 2012, 07:22 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfstan View Post
Hi
I just got a DoubleHorse 9053 Volitation co-ax and I'm havine a few problems. If anyone can maybe shed some light on them I would be very greatful.

Machine worked okay for the first couple of runups and then the tail rotor just stopped working. Checked it out and there is no problem between the connection on the rx pcb and the motor. Motor runs just fine if unplugged from the rx pcb and power is applied to the plug on the wires going to the motor. Main rotors worked just fine. Thinking that the rx pcb was bad I ordered a new one. Got it and installed it.
Now when I power the board on, the red light comes on and blinks in a series of two or three blinks until I turn on the tx at which point it stays solid. My problem now is that when I start to apply throttle the main rotors lurch about an eigth of a turn and stop and the red led light on the pcb starts to flash on and off fairly rapidly until I shut down the throttle on the tx at which point it turns solid again. Each motor does the same thing when I plug them indivually, one at a time or if I reverse the motor leads. Still can't get the tail motor to work. Can the tail rotor work without the main rotors turning?
Does anyone know if there is anywhere to look to find out what the flashing red light on the pcb stands for, is there a code that may tell what is wrong or something like that. I have checked all the batteries and both the Li-ion and the tx batteries are fully charged and all the lights work fine. I'm at a loss as to what to do next. I put the old PCB board back on and the main rotor spin up just like normal and the tail still doesn't work. I'm guessing that the tx is talking to the new pcb because there is a response when I turn the tx on and apply throttle. Is there something more that I have to do to mate this old tx with this new board? If so, how? Any insight or help would again, be greatly appreciated. I really would like to get this thing in the air if possible. thank you
Turn on the heli first...red light blinks (it's looking for the tx). Turn on the transmiter.....red light should go solid.....if not either your new PCB is bad or the transmitter.
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Jun 30, 2012, 01:22 AM
St. Louis, Mo.
Joined Jun 2008
394 Posts
You always turn on the Tx first, then the heli. The rear blades only turn when you
want it to go forward or backward. Just turning the main blades won't turn the rears until you move the right stick up or down.
rwek is offline Find More Posts by rwek
Old Jun 30, 2012, 04:55 AM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwek View Post
You always turn on the Tx first, then the heli. The rear blades only turn when you
want it to go forward or backward. Just turning the main blades won't turn the rears until you move the right stick up or down.
On 2.4ghz tx you turn the tx on first.......these you turn on the heli first. Read the manual.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 09:56 AM
St. Louis, Mo.
Joined Jun 2008
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
On 2.4ghz tx you turn the tx on first.......these you turn on the heli first. Read the manual.
I did. My manual states on the bottom of the cover in bold red letters;

Please read the following instructions before use.

1. Push the transmitter switch to "ON" position and pull down on the throttle stick to the end.

2. Connect the power on the fuselage and push the fuselage switch to "ON" position, then lay the fuselage on a flat level. It takes 5 seconds to finish the gyroscope check before fly.

That's it word for word on the manual I got with mine.
rwek is offline Find More Posts by rwek
Old Jul 01, 2012, 12:45 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwek View Post
I did. My manual states on the bottom of the cover in bold red letters;

Please read the following instructions before use.

1. Push the transmitter switch to "ON" position and pull down on the throttle stick to the end.

2. Connect the power on the fuselage and push the fuselage switch to "ON" position, then lay the fuselage on a flat level. It takes 5 seconds to finish the gyroscope check before fly.

That's it word for word on the manual I got with mine.
Mine says the opposite, that's chinglish for you......!!!
Old Jul 10, 2012, 05:17 PM
United Kingdom, Crawley
Joined Jan 2012
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by segdohbird View Post
What canopy is that ???
its the original....cut and painted!!
zetecmk2 is offline Find More Posts by zetecmk2
Old Jul 16, 2012, 09:29 AM
Joined Jul 2012
1 Posts
Hello!

Does anybody know if it is possible to use parts from MJX-F45 to transform 9053 into a 4CH heli?
Note that I am from Brazil and Helis here are very very expensive! As I won a 9053 from my wife (and she bought the heli here in Brazil), I can say it will be possible to expand some money buying parts from banggood ie...
Thanks a lot!!!
Gutoscha is offline Find More Posts by Gutoscha
Old Jul 20, 2012, 08:04 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutoscha View Post
Hello!

Does anybody know if it is possible to use parts from MJX-F45 to transform 9053 into a 4CH heli?
Note that I am from Brazil and Helis here are very very expensive! As I won a 9053 from my wife (and she bought the heli here in Brazil), I can say it will be possible to expand some money buying parts from banggood ie...
Thanks a lot!!!
I don't think so....the MJX-F45 is a 4 channel FP and the 9053 is a 3 channel coax. Why not just get a 4 channel double horse?
Old Jul 21, 2012, 06:03 PM
1 can 't have 2 many heli's
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Kapellen
Joined Jul 2012
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutoscha View Post
Hello!

Thanks a lot!!!
I converted a 9051 to 4ch with esky big lama parts, flew perfect and stable and with the aid of F45 tailrotor fast forward speed was vry acceptable.
Downside was that is was prone to bladestrikes, but I found a cure for that as well, 2mm carbon rod glued to the front of the blades and then covered with foil
+ longer inner shaft (esky Big lama)
Have a look at Ebay.com as the most chinese company's are on Ebay.com or Ebay.uk and ship worldwide, sometimes even for free

See as well : Thread: Discussion MJX-F45 Single Rotor FP page 127

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1894
douglas2950 is offline Find More Posts by douglas2950
Old Jul 21, 2012, 06:18 PM
1 can 't have 2 many heli's
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Kapellen
Joined Jul 2012
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas2950 View Post
I converted a 9051 to 4ch with esky big lama parts, flew perfect and stable and with the aid of F45 tailrotor fast forward speed was vry acceptable.
Downside was that is was prone to bladestrikes, but I found a cure for that as well, 2mm carbon rod glued to the front of the blades and then covered with foil
+ longer inner shaft (esky Big lama)
Have a look at Ebay.com as the most chinese company's are on Ebay.com or Ebay.uk and ship worldwide, sometimes even for free

See as well : Thread: Discussion MJX-F45 Single Rotor FP page 127

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1894

I ment 9053
douglas2950 is offline Find More Posts by douglas2950