Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 14, 2012, 03:01 AM
Joined Apr 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by szymbura View Post
I tried to remove this pin with a hammer and a small nail. With no results. I tried to push this pin out from the narrow,, smaller side of it. It is stuck! How do you do it? Plz see attach
Ok, I've done this but I had to cut the flybar a little bit.
szymbura is offline Find More Posts by szymbura
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2012, 06:53 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Yep, bought two of those. The 9101 must have a different tail because the blade pitch is reversed so they won't work. Anybody want mine? 2 for $5
If you really want to use them, you probably could just switch the wires on the motor to reverse it. Either that, or open the transmitter and move the tail motor wire from on side of the reostat to the other.
BThirsk is online now Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old May 16, 2012, 10:23 AM
Joined May 2012
14 Posts
I got 9118 but its similar, so I'm going to ask my question here. Since I've changed my balance bar to the bar from 9077, my heli flies much slower. My guess is that the new bar is easier than the old one. Has anyone already had such difficulties?
FilthyLucre is offline Find More Posts by FilthyLucre
Old May 16, 2012, 03:52 PM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Australia, NSW, Laurieton
Joined Jan 2012
306 Posts
When you sy speed to you mean forward speed or the rate of lift???? It didn't change the forward speed of mine at all
Auflyer is offline Find More Posts by Auflyer
Old May 17, 2012, 01:57 AM
Joined May 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auflyer View Post
When you sy speed to you mean forward speed or the rate of lift???? It didn't change the forward speed of mine at all
Rate of lift. Because even at maximum, my heli goes down sometimes, and before that, it was going up like crazy.
Old May 17, 2012, 04:34 AM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Joined Jan 2012
306 Posts
9077 flybar didn't make a difference to mine, although haven't flown it for a while. I just finished rebuilding it last night after a massive nose dive into the road. New pcb, frame, floor and front motor holder. Went to fly it this morning and the gear stripped on the outer shaft. Rebuilt it again tonight so will try again tomorrow
Old May 17, 2012, 08:56 AM
Joined Jul 2005
21 Posts
Wow this is a big thread. I see lots of people mentioning a "blade flip" mod and gettign a new tail rotor.

I am wondering what the blade flip mod is and what that accomplishes.

Has anyone found a good inexpensive tail rotor that can easily be swapped out for the factory one that can give this copter any forward or reverse motion?

I have only flown mine a few times but once its in the air it doesn't seem to want to move forward or back at all.

I tried digging through the thread for these details but its monstrous and I wasn't able to find much detail - just lots of mentions of these two mods.
bdee1 is offline Find More Posts by bdee1
Old May 17, 2012, 09:42 AM
Joined May 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdee1 View Post
Wow this is a big thread. I see lots of people mentioning a "blade flip" mod and gettign a new tail rotor.

I am wondering what the blade flip mod is and what that accomplishes.

Has anyone found a good inexpensive tail rotor that can easily be swapped out for the factory one that can give this copter any forward or reverse motion?

I have only flown mine a few times but once its in the air it doesn't seem to want to move forward or back at all.

I tried digging through the thread for these details but its monstrous and I wasn't able to find much detail - just lots of mentions of these two mods.
I dropped this idea But there is another one. You can cut 50 mm from your old rotor blades and stick it to your tale blade. Ppl say it works, and I will definitly try it, as soon as I get my new rotor blades.

Blade flip is easy. Just turn your lower main blades upside down. It will give you a little bit more space between your lower and upper blades. I dont know if your heli will fly better, but there is much less possibility of blades crashing

The other thing is, I'm wondering, which batterie can I buy, that wont change my helis flying ability, but will give me something more than 8-10 mins?
Old May 17, 2012, 10:06 AM
Joined Jul 2005
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthyLucre View Post
Blade flip is easy. Just turn your lower main blades upside down. It will give you a little bit more space between your lower and upper blades. I dont know if your heli will fly better, but there is much less possibility of blades crashing
Oh ok cool that sounds simple - I assume its pretty easy to get the blades off and on?

Quote:
I dropped this idea But there is another one. You can cut 50 mm from your old rotor blades and stick it to your tale blade. Ppl say it works, and I will definitly try it, as soon as I get my new rotor blades.
So when you say to cot 50mm off the old rotor blades, do you mean the main blades? Unfortunately I don't have any blades that I'm not using - I am still on my original set. If this actually works - I wonder if there is any place to buy just the 50mm pieces? also - does anyone have pics of this? what are people using to stick it?
Old May 17, 2012, 10:15 AM
Joined May 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Oh ok cool that sounds simple - I assume its pretty easy to get the blades off and on?

So when you say to cot 50mm off the old rotor blades, do you mean the main blades? Unfortunately I don't have any blades that I'm not using - I am still on my original set. If this actually works - I wonder if there is any place to buy just the 50mm pieces? also - does anyone have pics of this? what are people using to stick it?
There are plenty of videos on youtube And there is a possibility to buy Sky King Rotor blade, but my guess is, that the previous idea is much better. New rotor blades are not THAT expensive, so its your choice
Old May 17, 2012, 10:35 AM
Joined Jul 2005
21 Posts
Quote:
And there is a possibility to buy Sky King Rotor blade, but my guess is, that the previous idea is much better. New rotor blades are not THAT expensive, so its your choice
Sorry I am really new to this... I would love more info on the Sky King Rotor blade... do they work? how much?
Old May 17, 2012, 12:28 PM
Joined May 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Sorry I am really new to this... I would love more info on the Sky King Rotor blade... do they work? how much?
5 bucks I guess. But you should ask someone esle, since I dont have any exp with it.
Old May 17, 2012, 03:02 PM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Joined Jan 2012
306 Posts
Quote:
There are plenty of videos on youtube And there is a possibility to buy Sky King Rotor blade, but my guess is, that the previous idea is much better. New rotor blades are not THAT expensive, so its your choice
Havng done both your conclusion in incorrect, the sky king rotor blade gives the 9053 the ability to move at quite a speed, so much that your have to be careful not to have a blade strike. On my last crash the forward thrust pushed the nose almost straight to the ground causing a blade strike and kissing the concrete. My own fault for not paying enough attention
Old May 17, 2012, 03:03 PM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Joined Jan 2012
306 Posts
Quote:
5 bucks I guess. But you should ask someone esle, since I dont have any exp with it.
Yes they work, eBay is your friend
Old May 18, 2012, 07:39 AM
Joined May 2012
14 Posts
I still have a question to ask. Which battery to buy with 2200 and a JST connector? Any ideas? Or can I just buy the battery with a XT-60 connector and then apply a JST connector to it?