HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 20, 2010, 05:07 AM
United Kingdom, England, Worcester
Joined May 2010
1,743 Posts
Help!
Turnigy Plush 25A & Turnigy 2627 4200kv motor

Hi,
I just wondered if anyone knew in which way the wires connected? on the speed controller it's labelled as A, B, C, and all the wires are red :| and on the motor i have red, black and a white motor, and so im not sure which wire goes where and don't wanna risk burning anything!
With the motor wires i assume we have positive red, black negative, and the other brushless wire (controller?) as white, but which is which on the controller
Thanks
Matt
Add1ct3dd is offline Find More Posts by Add1ct3dd
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2010, 08:13 AM
Beaumont, TX
Joined Feb 2007
1,335 Posts
It doesn't matter. Hook up the three wires on the controller to the three wires on the motor. If the motor is spinning the wrong direction, switch any two of the three wires. The colors have nothing to do with positive, or negative. They could be all black on the motor also, or green or yellow, or any other color that the manufacturer had in stock at the time.

As a side note, DON'T EVER switch the battery leads to reverse the motor direction. Fried controller will be the result.
Pete Miller is offline Find More Posts by Pete Miller
Last edited by Pete Miller; May 20, 2010 at 08:20 AM.
Old May 20, 2010, 08:44 AM
United Kingdom, England, Worcester
Joined May 2010
1,743 Posts
ohhh ok, thank you
makes alot more sense now
Add1ct3dd is offline Find More Posts by Add1ct3dd
Old May 20, 2010, 11:16 AM
Beaumont, TX
Joined Feb 2007
1,335 Posts
Don't feel bad, the question comes up at least once a week on some electric forum, from someone who has never run into the situation before, because a lot of the motors and esc's don't come with any directions that tell you this little detail!

If you buy matched components from the same manufacturer, such as e flite, then your esc wires and motor wires will have the same colors and you just match them up. (Even though you don't really have to) The same rule applies for changing motor direction, though.

When you get stuff from different manufacturers, they could be any color. No problem, just do like I said in my first post and you'll be fine.

If I am using bullet connectors to hook up the esc and motor, I will use different colors of heat shrink on the esc connectors and there corresponding motor wires just as an aid on how to hook it back up for proper rotation direction if I ever have to take it apart.
Pete Miller is offline Find More Posts by Pete Miller
Last edited by Pete Miller; May 20, 2010 at 11:22 AM.