HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 11, 2003, 03:32 AM
Vertical Wake
visalia ca
Joined Dec 2002
735 Posts
interference problems with aluminum tape?

I bought a roll of this stuff and I really want to use it on a scale project. I plan to run the antenna out behind the trailing edge and up to the tail. This is a must because it's a seaplane. Will this tape cause problems? With the antenna run over the top of the fuselage, if the plane were directly overhead would it "shield" the antenna?

Thanks

Splatman
splatman is offline Find More Posts by splatman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2003, 09:34 AM
Australia
Joined Mar 2002
425 Posts
I have used aluminium tape (same stuff they put on windows for house security) and have had no problems what so ever with receiver reception. I had the antennae on the top of the plane, outside the tape covering.

Mark
Pants is offline Find More Posts by Pants