HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Aug 12, 2010, 10:54 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,354 Posts
Yeah I used to live in Jetmore, KS - it's a pretty small town - would be a perfect place for FPV.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=jetmor...12095&t=h&z=13
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2010, 12:44 PM
First to go over 106K feet
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,479 Posts
Again, ONE MORE TIME:
Please keep on topic. If you want to chit-chat, use your PM. A lot of the above posts are off topic!
Crist Rigotti is offline Find More Posts by Crist Rigotti
Old Aug 12, 2010, 01:43 PM
$#|+
United States, CA, Orange
Joined May 2007
1,605 Posts
someone should start a new thread and this one should be either closed or buried because whenever someone mentions anything else that doesn't match the OP's setup he gets upset

you should know that whatever worked for you should work for others with different radios on 2.4, and if not at least the info is here so we can compare results

really the topic has been discussed all the way and you proved that it works
you shouldn't be uptight about people going off topic that much

we don't need a new thread for every radio or brand if what we are trying to achieve is the same thing (boost a 2.4 radio)

also when you start a new thread, you have the option to choose the type of thread and this one is labeled a discussion
maybe you should have chose "build log" or "mini how-to".

Moe
mkmkmk13 is offline Find More Posts by mkmkmk13
Old Aug 12, 2010, 01:47 PM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmkmk13 View Post
... you shouldn't be uptight about people going off topic that much

we don't need a new thread for every radio or brand if what we are trying to achieve is the same thing (boost a 2.4 radio)
It is not the fact that other radios are discussed that might benefit from this booster mod, it is the fact that you guys start discussing farting and other wildly off topic nonsense. I totally support and understand Crist's sentiments, do that elsewhere please, keep these topics clean and informative!

Cheers,

Sander.
ssassen is offline Find More Posts by ssassen
Old Aug 12, 2010, 01:55 PM
$#|+
United States, CA, Orange
Joined May 2007
1,605 Posts
Sander, here is what i'm talking about

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00bd0g
Can you please clarify this "solder very carefully the cable from the booster to your tx module".

That is the part I need help with.

Thanks!
Guys, I consider this as being off topic. Please start another thread on doing a mod to the Turnigy transmitter.
Thank you.

And here is ur posts Sander

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iandavidson99
Now, I'm not sure if Vodafone and O2 would say the same of my 2-Watt 910MHz vTX however. That's the exact frequency they use for GSM in the UK
You naughty boy!

Cheers,

Sander.
Quote:
Oh, you can bet on it that anything >100mW is illegal to use if you don't hold a HAM license in the US and anywhere else. Actually, if the booster does not have CE/FCC approval it isn't legal to use anyway which for these China/eBay devices is almost a guarantee. In professional installations things are different, as permissions have to be granted for such an install, takes some paperwork and often a fee (esp. in commercial applications).

However I wouldn't worry about it much, most folks don't fly in rural areas (Tushev excluded) but out in the boonies hence you're generally not causing any issues with other equipment.

Cheers,

Sander.
so you did help derail this thread off topic.

anyways i said what said, and i'm done talking about going off topic

Moe
mkmkmk13 is offline Find More Posts by mkmkmk13
Old Aug 12, 2010, 02:42 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,354 Posts
Welcome to the Internet... if you're new here, you might want to take a look around - it is populated by human beings - I know they look like computers, but they are actually people. Sometimes we like to be a little human, a little friendly, a little chatty even - it's normal, don't freak out.

New thread where we can be human beings...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1290897
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Aug 12, 2010, 03:13 PM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmkmk13 View Post
so you did help derail this thread off topic.

anyways i said what said, and i'm done talking about going off topic

Moe
I'm sorry, I don't claim to be innocent here, I do my fair bit of off topic posting every now and then too. I just think that if the TS (topic starter) wants to keep a clean and tidy topic he has every right to want to keep off topic chit-chat to a minimum and make requests to that effect ... Whether the other folks posting in that topic want to comply to his wishes is another story though.

Cheers,

Sander.
ssassen is offline Find More Posts by ssassen
Old Aug 12, 2010, 03:44 PM
France
Joined May 2010
537 Posts
That's funny, taking about "off topic" is "off topic"

Damn, i'm off topic too !!
Alcyon13 is offline Find More Posts by Alcyon13
Old Aug 12, 2010, 04:02 PM
We Do It With FRQZ
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Aug 2009
2,116 Posts
Unsubscrided oops off topic.... Sorry that im not sorry!
dkintx is offline Find More Posts by dkintx
Old Aug 12, 2010, 06:47 PM
First to go over 106K feet
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,479 Posts
Sander is right about me wanting to keep a tidy informative thread about modifying a DX7 for long range.

It is not about modifying any RC TX for long range otherwise the post on the Turnigy TX would have been welcomed.

Please show some respect for this thread and start one yourself on any topic you wish, but if you're going to post to this thread, keep it on topic.
Thanks.
Crist Rigotti is offline Find More Posts by Crist Rigotti
Old Aug 12, 2010, 07:03 PM
CQ CQ DX RC
Pahrump, NV
Joined Nov 2008
691 Posts
10-4
w7mag is offline Find More Posts by w7mag
Old Aug 19, 2010, 12:15 AM
Joined Aug 2009
48 Posts
Hey Chris

I've just ordered the parts to give this a try on my DSX9.
I didn't read in the diydrone post about an attenuator...I have no idea if I need this, or how to find out...Any ideas?

I also bought a patch antenna as recommended in the original post but I am concerned about the need to keep this constantly pointed at the model. I'm guessing this is more of an issue at closer ranges?

Initially I think I will just use the antenna that comes with the amp from diydrones and see how we go.
This is going to be used on a multirotor heli, where I actually only use a satellite receiver connected to my flight controller. I don't actually want to be able to fly 10miles away, just aiming to be as secure as possible at 500m max.
h20boynz is offline Find More Posts by h20boynz
Old Aug 19, 2010, 12:53 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by h20boynz View Post
Hey Chris

I've just ordered the parts to give this a try on my DSX9.
I didn't read in the diydrone post about an attenuator...I have no idea if I need this, or how to find out...Any ideas?
You need the attenuator, or enough coax, between the output of your RC Tx and the WiFi Amp to attenuate your RC Tx's output power to an acceptable level so as not to over drive the WiFi AMP and risk burning it out. The advantage of using preset attenuators is they are small and the attenuation is clearly defined and you don't need to deal with long lengths of cable to get enough attenuation.
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2
Old Aug 19, 2010, 02:09 AM
Joined Aug 2009
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garris2 View Post
You need the attenuator, or enough coax, between the output of your RC Tx and the WiFi Amp to attenuate your RC Tx's output power to an acceptable level so as not to over drive the WiFi AMP and risk burning it out. The advantage of using preset attenuators is they are small and the attenuation is clearly defined and you don't need to deal with long lengths of cable to get enough attenuation.
Thanks garris...

I'll pick one up when the other gear arrives.

Thanks!
h20boynz is offline Find More Posts by h20boynz
Old Aug 20, 2010, 02:32 AM
Joined Dec 2006
9 Posts
With the amplifier my Transmitter is buzzing much more! Is it normal?

Greeting Thilo
Kazunga is offline Find More Posts by Kazunga
Closed Thread