HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 04, 2010, 06:19 PM
Nowhere
Joined Aug 2003
6,178 Posts
YES!!! The goose neck is gone! She should be good to go now. I think that and wide stance was all you needed.

Go for it man!!!!!!

Dave
imsofaman is offline Find More Posts by imsofaman
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2010, 06:08 PM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,185 Posts
CLOSE but no CIGAR sorta speak, I had to wait most of the day for the weather to clear and later in the late afternoon the sun came out and a lite breeze so I packed up and want to the field. I took my new mini DV camera but I guess I didn't turn it on right WHAT EVER I got nuttin.. So this is what happened ground control is 100% better with the wide stance wheel base Joe liked to use the high rates and the low rates are a little too soft so we have to find a happy medium. On the high rate the tilt back was so great that I had a ground strike , might have to add a little more to the tail boom.The blades spun up fine and it rocked back on the tail wheel and then with added POWER we were off the ground for a short period soon followed by a crash to the left, try #2 same thing I think I am holding the head back to long and forgetting to add power.I am going to add the weight of a 3s lipo battery to the nose add a little to the low rates and try again tomorrow maybe someone will be there to take a video

Regards BILL
Mud Duck Bill is offline Find More Posts by Mud Duck Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 05, 2010, 10:25 PM
Nowhere
Joined Aug 2003
6,178 Posts
I say: Drop back and punt and go with 3 blades first....maybe you will have more success.
imsofaman is offline Find More Posts by imsofaman
Old Aug 06, 2010, 12:49 PM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,185 Posts
WELL FELLAS: So comes to a close to the old BINFORD rethink !!!I went to the field today with High Hopes and I must say I was [B]ALMOST THERE Not sure but happened but it did lift off but it never leveled out and we took a rolling dive in. NOT PRETTY. Not much to say at this point other then BACK TO FIXED WING.
Mud Duck Bill is offline Find More Posts by Mud Duck Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 06, 2010, 01:19 PM
RC Group therapist
DeRidder LA.
Joined Nov 2008
1,961 Posts
Tis but a scratch Bill. Press on buddy, you almost have it.
Boneswamped is offline Find More Posts by Boneswamped
Old Aug 07, 2010, 05:55 AM
Joined Apr 2009
385 Posts
Bill
Dont give up I'm sure if you keep at her you will have sucess
Sounds like you just didnt have rotor speed, try getting with dave and joe again Im sure they will help you out.
Were all with you
Cali
Cali is online now Find More Posts by Cali
Old Aug 07, 2010, 12:40 PM
AND FOR MY NEXT TRICK....!
Omaha Millard, Nebraska, United States
Joined Sep 2004
4,062 Posts
I hate when you hear breakage!

Just got back to Omaha....they don't have computers in Canada! HA!

Handy Andy.....thanks! Getting better, but beer is a must! Got to wash down the meds!

Doctor says I'll be in pain for a good 4 weeks. Won't have feeling in that area for about 6 months! But could be worse! At least I have a leg and my privates!

Bill, I hope that thing gets flying. It does seem like you have tons of lift. I'd be interested in Daves fix...try three blades and then go for four. Remind me....where those metal geared servos. I remember when they started to lean one direction or the other, it didn't care home much input you put it....it kept going. You have tons of torque from all those blades. Worth a shot!

O.K....enough of making this a "How's Joe Doing with this leg?".....lets get back to Bill! Get that working buddy!
Joe
jodini is online now Find More Posts by jodini