HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Pat Lynch, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 17, 2010, 09:33 PM
a.k.a Maltone
Australia, NSW, Goulburn
Joined Jan 2005
6,780 Posts
Discussion
2010 -1

Well the first part of 2010 showed the slowest model-building pace of my short 'career'! Several health issues conspired to decrease my mobility, give me a big fright (still is) and other nasties. While none of these has stopped me modelling, I have had to slow down a bit and so most effort has gone into only two models - the BUSA 1/4 scale SPAD and Peter Rakes's 1/7 scale Bristol F2b 'Brisfit'. The SPAD is now structurally complete and has all its propulsion system installed and working - 8S 5000 LIPO, 100A ESC etc. This should be able to give 2000+ watts - 100W/lb but I'm hoping it will not be needed.

I took some time out to finish my Rake 1/6 SE5a - using an Eflite Power 25 on 4S it was a beauty She flies magnificently at 4 1/2 lb - great for simple aerobatics and very realistic in flight. Nice design. I had originally intended to make this a highly detailed machine in the manner of my earlier 36" version but decided to stick by the plans and get it flying. But she still looked the part. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=595149
Finishing this model seemed a good idea to get me used to flying heavier models - this is my heaviest yet and a precurser to the Brisfit on board now.

At some stage I remembered having agreed to build a Coldberg kit of the Ultimate biplane for the son of a relative of a neighbor - for a small cash return of course. Since the kit had been kicking around for some time, I am assured it isn't a rush job. Good
Pat Lynch is online now Find More Posts by Pat Lynch
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts