HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:42 PM
check for reversed controls
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
9,921 Posts
It was down incidence which = up elevator .
alpea 41 is offline Find More Posts by alpea 41
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:01 AM
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Jan 2010
393 Posts
Interesting project. Are you considering setup radio controlled glider yet, no power just servos and a small batt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpea 41 View Post
Went out to the field today we did some fine tunning on the G 600. Namely a small shim behind the horz. stab to give it a little down elevator . It hand tossed pretty nice so we rigged a velcro tow attachment and I took it up about 100' AGL. After release it glided down for about a 1 min duration ... I have video check back.
And here's the 2nd flight of the G 600
http://youtu.be/Q6nFumH1DmQ
edwen303 is offline Find More Posts by edwen303
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:57 AM
check for reversed controls
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
9,921 Posts
Yes, and Wrench 66 has started a seperate new thread on it.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1811627
alpea 41 is offline Find More Posts by alpea 41
Old Mar 22, 2013, 07:21 PM
United States, MA, Shrewsbury
Joined Mar 2013
86 Posts
oh wow! i had no idea there was an entire thread dedicated to titan kit bashing! i usually hang out in the scratchbuild forum, so it's a surprise to see this here

just got a titan a few days ago, i'm thinking either a twin prop hauling machine, or something like a flying wing with twin booms (which butch777 mentioned in another thread as a great plane for flying in wind).
the trouble may be adapting the wally wing ( http://www.acesim.com/rc/construct0.html ) concept to the titan, they're not quite the same plane
joekitch is offline Find More Posts by joekitch
Old Mar 23, 2013, 02:31 AM
Joined Jan 2010
393 Posts
Welcome to the Titan bashing cult

More titan glider in stock? Walmart or Target? I will check it out. My father-in-law wanted me to build a C-119 flying boxcar, and I am planning to bash the titan I have now to a B-1B bomber. need more titans!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekitch View Post
oh wow! i had no idea there was an entire thread dedicated to titan kit bashing! i usually hang out in the scratchbuild forum, so it's a surprise to see this here

just got a titan a few days ago, i'm thinking either a twin prop hauling machine, or something like a flying wing with twin booms (which butch777 mentioned in another thread as a great plane for flying in wind).
the trouble may be adapting the wally wing ( http://www.acesim.com/rc/construct0.html ) concept to the titan, they're not quite the same plane
Old Mar 23, 2013, 02:43 AM
Chino Renegade oh-gee, yo
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Feb 2008
2,528 Posts
I haven't seen any in quite a while, Eddie. I bought a couple extra when they were newly out and glad I did!

Bummer.....they would sell well.
--Ray
Wrench66 is online now Find More Posts by Wrench66
Old Mar 23, 2013, 01:02 PM
United States, MA, Shrewsbury
Joined Mar 2013
86 Posts
there's also a slightly more expensive Titan knock off by SkyRiders called the Turbo Burner. the fuselage is slightly different and the wings doesn't have that awkward "extra flange" on the wing tips.
the foam feels a little more tough to boot.

got mine at a toys'r'us nearby, i think most of them have some even when they're not in season
joekitch is offline Find More Posts by joekitch
Old Mar 24, 2013, 12:17 AM
Joined Jan 2010
393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekitch View Post
there's also a slightly more expensive Titan knock off by SkyRiders called the Turbo Burner. the fuselage is slightly different and the wings doesn't have that awkward "extra flange" on the wing tips.
the foam feels a little more tough to boot.

got mine at a toys'r'us nearby, i think most of them have some even when they're not in season
Bought one foam glider from toyrus a while back, big beads and not easy to work with in my style. Pretty fragile too. it came with an action figure pilot though.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 02:17 AM
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Feb 2008
2,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwen303 View Post
Bought one foam glider from toyrus a while back, big beads and not easy to work with in my style. Pretty fragile too. it came with an action figure pilot though.
Those are the "Tru Hero's" line of toys
I have had great success with them modified in a conventional plane manner.
Mine fly as good as the Titan I built.....the pilot is cool btw!

--Ray

Old Mar 24, 2013, 07:05 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,657 Posts
Ray, that is really a very well done conversion. Love the Paint job too.
rimshotcopter is online now Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Mar 24, 2013, 07:08 AM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,632 Posts
Ray,

Whay did you use for the cowl ? Looks very nice.

I totalled my twin edf B model airliner. Ran it into a curb.
dahawk47 is offline Find More Posts by dahawk47
Old Mar 24, 2013, 07:11 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,657 Posts
My Air hog met the same faith, curb that is. Ha. Thought I had cleared it.
rimshotcopter is online now Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Mar 24, 2013, 11:24 AM
WITCH HUNTER EXTRAORDINAIRE
USA, FL, Boca Raton
Joined Feb 2001
832 Posts
Titan cowl

Here is a link to the page where I discuss the cowl mod.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post18828599

I have been slacking on this one, lol

I have taken the best ideas and gone up a notch. Wings are cut , reinforced with a balsa trailing edge and balsa block wing tips , all the flying surfaces the same way.
I may cover the wing with doculam after dusting with some color the fuse will be covered with a very light fabric I found at walmart.

4 channels. with flying stab, taken out the dihedral , will use small servos and try to route everything inside the airframe 2 aileron servos, bamboo skewers for tail and leading edge reinforcement glued with PU glue and sanded, overall very little weight added. Power Im still debating , a Microjet or a little screamers motor

Wrench66, BOOGIE SNICE, GOTCHFR were my inspiration and have done very good conversions of the Titan airframes....

I also have a few true heroes airframes along with 6 titans stached to be converted for kids
bushpilotx1 is offline Find More Posts by bushpilotx1
Last edited by bushpilotx1; Mar 24, 2013 at 11:49 AM.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 05:41 PM
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Feb 2008
2,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahawk47 View Post
Ray,

Whay did you use for the cowl ? Looks very nice.

I totalled my twin edf B model airliner. Ran it into a curb.
Thanks guys....that little dude really flies great, better than my Titan conversion in some ways
Here's what I used on both of them.....the salsa cup on the left for the Titan (since the F84F I was modelling does have it's air intake dead center I wanted it to LOOK like it had the open nose so the most recent version has a black painted opening) and the Starbucks mini sampler for the cowling on the Hero's plane (AA batteries just for size ref).

My Titan, salsa cup nose

Hero's plane video
TRU Hero's chuck glider conversion clipped wings/tail, RC airplane (7 min 16 sec)

Titan pusher jet video
Titan pusher jet conversion -------Air Hogs video 3 (3 min 41 sec)
Old Mar 25, 2013, 12:22 PM
Watt Waster
Joined Oct 2010
1,812 Posts
Air Hogs Titan Conversions

I continue to marvel over the ways and parts you guys come up with for the Titan conversions. Very entertaining to say the least. Now, if I could just find a few of these gliders to purchase. I may have to go with an idea that has been floating around in the back of my head - scratch build the basic airframe using thin foam board, or do the lamination of 1/2", or 3/4" foam sections.
Tsavah is offline Find More Posts by Tsavah