HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 11, 2012, 08:08 PM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
kenstogie, got a link to this near stock motor?
Is it a direct bolt in?

thanks!

EDIT - Found your post here for links.
Did it bolt right up?
When will you be building the new one?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=904
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Last edited by IFlyRCs; Jun 11, 2012 at 08:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2012, 09:04 PM
If it flies - it's good
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Sep 2003
1,144 Posts
Quote:
It just flutters and drops to the ground
Without knowing how you launch it - I would guess that you aren't throwing it hard enough. therefore it doesn't have enough airspeed or you are overcontrolling it. Maybe try to launch it without the motor running to see if it will glide to a landing. Then you will know if the trims are way off or not. It might be best to have someone else throw it hard and horizontal for this and the powered flights. Do not expect sparkling climb performance. I'd suggest you let it accelerate in level flight immediately after launch to get the airspeed built up. You need to keep the speed up as it stalls easily.
Fred_L is offline Find More Posts by Fred_L
Old Jun 13, 2012, 08:50 AM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyRCs View Post
kenstogie, got a link to this near stock motor?
Is it a direct bolt in?

thanks!

EDIT - Found your post here for links.
Did it bolt right up?
When will you be building the new one?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=904
IT was a pretty much a bolt on, i had use the old mount and I think old screws too. The prop fit right on and I glued it all in with the ever wonderful gorilla glue white stuff.

IT seemed to handle 3s with no problems. 460 3s Nano techs worked pretty well and so did the 360's 3s nano's too. (not sure the exact size nano's but there are only one in those ranges so it's not hard to figure out which one.
kenstogie is offline Find More Posts by kenstogie
Old Jun 16, 2012, 12:10 PM
Joined Aug 2009
37 Posts
Hello

Sorry for my english its not perfect, I come from belgium

I received the Mini Swift last month, but I find that lack of power!
I have seen many different setup but I can not find the right material

I want it with the plane have good speed and can go up to the vertical.

Can you give me a setup on hobbyking Councillor?

thx
drbazik is offline Find More Posts by drbazik
Old Jun 16, 2012, 07:34 PM
Joined Sep 2000
125 Posts
I have been playing with RC planes for years and recently got into park flyer sized planes because I got tired of paying the $70 insurance and the additional $70 club fees just to fly a few times in summer. At least in the park I can fly for free Now maybe I'm just not good with these smaller planes, I was used to the 2 meter electric glider types and this small place just looked like a miniature version of my bigger electric gliders. I setup the cg right like I did my bigger planes but the motor just doesn't have enough power to climb and when I try it just tip stalls into the ground. I'm beginning to think is its either the battery or the motor or speed controller but I've tested the batteries on my home made Wild Wing Boomer parkflyer and it flies fine. The motor on my WWBoomer is slightly bigger (don't ask me for numbers, I'm still making the transition from brushed setups lol!) I have been having some awesome flights with my WWBoomer but with both the MiniSwift and EPO ParkJet MkII I get the same problem, the motor sounds like its spinning like crazy but when I try to climb it just wants to tip stall, just has no power to climb, gets all squirmy and falls to the ground. I wanted to fly those less expensive planes before I even attempt to fly my F-22 "back-pack" parkjet. I think I need a better motor/speed controller setup. Anyone care to share their setup and where to buy it online on the HK website. Also, what can be done to the wing or whatever modification to make it fly better more stable like my WWBoomer?

Thanks in advance, I can't believe I'm having such a terrible time with this little plane, for sure there is something wrong with either the motor or speed controller. Someone Please suggest a setup!

Jason
jasper135 is offline Find More Posts by jasper135
Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:17 PM
If it flies - it's good
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Sep 2003
1,144 Posts
There is a link to a better motor (that will take 3S too) at the top of this page. There aren't any mods to the wing that I am aware of. It doesn't float like a 2m glider - just keep the speed up, no hard manoevres, accept that in stock form it can't climb vertically and if you get it to loop then you have done well.
Fred_L is offline Find More Posts by Fred_L
Old Jun 17, 2012, 01:48 AM
ProBro #261
Coogee, Australia
Joined Aug 2003
609 Posts
I've had my swift for maybe 2 years now. The only problem I have ever had was the typical creeping motor/ melting firewall trick after a WOT flight on 3 cells. I like it with the stock setup, I've got plenty of planes to get the heart racing but this thing is just a great plane to just have some quick fun before work. Other than sticking the firewall back in, the only maintenance I have ever done with it is a few drops of Teflon filled oil onto the bearings of the motor.

I'm trying to figure out what to finally do with the 2nd airframe, I think the plan is to tape it up and make it a nice slippery mini slope soarer to replace my well loved Fox. I was always planning on kitbashing a little to make it a T or V tail but I can't find any examples of people doing anything but turning it into an impressively overpowered monster. If anyone know of some good examples I'd love to see them before jumping in.

Matt
mc71 is offline Find More Posts by mc71
Old Jun 17, 2012, 02:56 AM
Italy
Joined Nov 2011
373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper135 View Post
I have been playing with RC planes for years and recently got into park flyer sized planes because I got tired of paying the $70 insurance and the additional $70 club fees just to fly a few times in summer. At least in the park I can fly for free Now maybe I'm just not good with these smaller planes, I was used to the 2 meter electric glider types and this small place just looked like a miniature version of my bigger electric gliders. I setup the cg right like I did my bigger planes but the motor just doesn't have enough power to climb and when I try it just tip stalls into the ground. I'm beginning to think is its either the battery or the motor or speed controller but I've tested the batteries on my home made Wild Wing Boomer parkflyer and it flies fine. The motor on my WWBoomer is slightly bigger (don't ask me for numbers, I'm still making the transition from brushed setups lol!) I have been having some awesome flights with my WWBoomer but with both the MiniSwift and EPO ParkJet MkII I get the same problem, the motor sounds like its spinning like crazy but when I try to climb it just wants to tip stall, just has no power to climb, gets all squirmy and falls to the ground. I wanted to fly those less expensive planes before I even attempt to fly my F-22 "back-pack" parkjet. I think I need a better motor/speed controller setup. Anyone care to share their setup and where to buy it online on the HK website. Also, what can be done to the wing or whatever modification to make it fly better more stable like my WWBoomer?

Thanks in advance, I can't believe I'm having such a terrible time with this little plane, for sure there is something wrong with either the motor or speed controller. Someone Please suggest a setup!

Jason
Look for mini swift motor upgrade on YouTube
matrixFLYER is offline Find More Posts by matrixFLYER
Old Jun 18, 2012, 11:11 AM
Joined Aug 2009
37 Posts
sorry for my request

but that's because I have a problem I can not find either the propeller or the good engine which is available on HK

end if you could give me links with a well muscled configuration I would be delighted

thank you to you
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:05 PM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,610 Posts
This is what I use... though i am making a faster one out of the extra airframe this works fine. Although it won't go completely vertical it's pretty close. I have maybe 30-40 flights on this and the motor is still doing fine. I would however not go WOT for more than a minute or two tops and well ventilate that motor, the more air going over it the better. Of course YMMV.

Stock prop and servos, prop fits right on.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=5358
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

FWIW the Stock bird was to underpowered imho and from most others if I recall correctly. Great airframe and is worth the time though.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 09:56 AM
Sweden, Stockholm County, Stockholm
Joined Aug 2011
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbazik View Post
sorry for my request

but that's because I have a problem I can not find either the propeller or the good engine which is available on HK

end if you could give me links with a well muscled configuration I would be delighted

thank you to you
1806 N 2500kv
Nano 370mah 3S
TGS sport 4,75x4,75E
TURNIGY Plush 12amp (2A BEC) BESC
aeae99 is online now Find More Posts by aeae99
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:53 AM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeae99 View Post
1806 N 2500kv
Nano 370mah 3S
TGS sport 4,75x4,75E
THis is a great set up too. Love the motor I use it on my TGY Bonsai. I would highly recommend this one also. Not as floaty but an s-ton of power. You can use a 2s battery on this also for more floaty fllight.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 11:04 AM
Joined Aug 2009
37 Posts
Thx for the setup

I think I'll use the setup kenstogie that seems very powerful and I find all the spices available

thank you friends I'll post when finished because I will equip the second plane that is empty in the box
Old Jun 20, 2012, 11:16 AM
Joined Aug 2009
37 Posts
I just have a few questions:

I can use it with the propeller Spiner 4.75x4.75?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._to_4_7mm.html

Also I can not find a proper diameter for the carbon can you tell me what you took them to equip the second plane?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ass_Fiber.html

thank you
Old Jun 21, 2012, 09:25 AM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeae99 View Post
1806 N 2500kv
Nano 370mah 3S
TGS sport 4,75x4,75E
Be careful on 3s no WOT for 5 mins. Also open up the airflow on the motor and maybe a drop of oil on the motor bearing too. It been a great set up for me. I would liike to make a rocket too.