HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 16, 2010, 09:52 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,837 Posts
Discussion
Flyin 3D in Kandahar, Afghanistan...

Hey folks, so, here I sit in Kandahar, Afghanistan for ANOTHER year flying UH-60Ls for the good old 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault). After nearly 18 years of this, Im getting pretty used to it.

So, here is the interresting part, I got an email from my buddy Deckert a few weeks ago. He got together with a BUNCH of great companies and they sent us 5 complete, custom made LUM Edge 540s with our unit logo, "Warlords", and all the sponsors names on them! Im not talkin just planes either. They sent EVERYTHING! Lee Ulinger Edge 540s, APC props, Venom batteries, Castle Creations ESC's, Hacker motors, Emax metal gear servos, Hyperion chargers, Deans connectors, CA, epoxy... the works! Just add our TX and RX and go fly!

So, here are a couple pictures of one. Got it built just a few days ago and I was going to maiden it last night, but due to a Spektrum RX that dosnt want to work, I'll have to wait till my wife gets a new one to me in the mail, which takes about a week. I made a couple mistakes on the build, like putting the fuse sides upside down. Dosnt hurt anything, but the colors dont match. Attention to detail!!!

Anyway, I emailed Lee Ulinger and he said if anyone wants an exact copy of these planes, he can make as many as people order. So if you are in the market for a 39" span 3D plane, order one up! It would be pretty cool to have
a fleet of these things a SEFF next year! Mine will be there for sure!

PLEASE help support these AWESOME companies too! They are the ones who made this all happen for us, and gave us something to do in the little bit of free time that we get. A HUGE thank you to Deckert and all these companies!

More pictures and some video to follow once I have a new RX in hand!

Thanks for reading folks!

Laine.

Here is the list of companies that made this possible!

www.leeulingermodels.com

www.castlecreations.com

www.venom-group.com

www.apcprop.com

www.bmkdesigns.net

www.hobbytown.com (Kennewick, Washington)

www.empirerc.com

and good old "Deckert"
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2010, 11:20 PM
Oklahoma
Joined Aug 2008
669 Posts
Wingman26 is offline Find More Posts by Wingman26
Old May 17, 2010, 12:07 AM
WARNING: May contain spam
Joined Oct 2007
20,928 Posts
Sweeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lee is a cool guy!
Xpress.. is online now Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old May 17, 2010, 07:47 AM
United States, VA, Chesterfield
Joined Mar 2001
5,286 Posts
Patriots! Love you all!
Pat Daily is offline Find More Posts by Pat Daily
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My latest blog entry.
Old May 17, 2010, 08:29 AM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
Don't get this one confiscated!
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old May 19, 2010, 02:12 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,837 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. I was "out of the net" for a couple days on 48hrs of QRF (Quick Reaction Force). Im back for a day, then out for another 48 hours.

While I was away, 2 more planes got built by a couple of my crew chiefs that have flying experience. They are both now waiting impatiently for their TX/RX's to show up so we can go do some flying at the indoor soccer field the Britts have set up.

I am still waiting on my RX to show up from the wifey. She had to go out to my trailer, and pull a couple of them out of my planes to mail to me. I sure am lucky to have such a great wife! So, my guess is that my RX will arrive after my next 48 hours of QRF... then I might just get a flight or two in! SWEEEEET!

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69