Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 28, 2001, 01:44 PM
Sussex, U.K.
Joined Sep 2001
63 Posts
Pica 1/12 P-51

I have the glow version of this kit in my workshop. Wondered if anyone had converted one to electric and any suggestions on motor choice, best way to mount the motor, cells etc would be welcome. 480 maybe? I cant find anyinfo on the PICA electric version. Maybe someone could give me some advice?
Thanks
TONY DENTON is offline Find More Posts by TONY DENTON
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2001, 04:01 PM
Colorado Springs
Joined Mar 2001
75 Posts
Hi Tony:

A few weeks ago I had responded to another UK flier looking for info on the Pica electric P51. Unfortunately the post was lost in the E-zone server crash, and I didn't keep a copy.

At the time I had just received the kit. My opinion was that it was/is of very good quality. I've not yet started construction.

The electric comes with two (builder-selects) Graupner-size motor mounts, one for "400", one for "480" size. (Not to confuse motors with the Permax-type "P" 480). Perhaps the electric mount could be installed in yours'. Pica provides motor / battery / prop suggestions in the manual. I don't have the manual with me today otherwise I would be more specific. But if you have later questions I'll be glad to look-up and reply.

Have you contacted Pica direct? I did, before ordering the kit from a retailer, and was told the instruction manual is available for $8.00 postpaid (within the USA). They may be able to e-mail excerpts to you...they're online @ www.pica-web.com

Also, a review of the kit was published in the March, 1999, issue of "R/C Modeler", but I could not locally obtain a copy.

Cordially,

Ray
Ray Heaton is offline Find More Posts by Ray Heaton