SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Heli Hacker, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 16, 2010, 03:08 PM
Hang on, turbulence ahead
St. Louis
Joined Dec 2007
534 Posts
Discussion
New Board!

Finished board design for PhuBar 3 using ITG3200 3-axis gyro. Managed to squeeze the board size down to 30x28mm. If I solder cables directly onto the board instead of headers, and use clear shrink wrap instead of an enclosure, the whole thing should be 30x28x7mm, except for where the 5-pin programming connector will stick out from one side.

I added the fifth pin to that connector to supply 3.3v so I can use the TextStar serial terminal for field setup.

I also added connector pads for 2 general-purpose I/O connections plus ground to allow for programming the Propeller to do other functions if desired.

The 3-axis gyro will let me add rudder gyro capability, as well as use cosine-matrix math for more accurate attitude estimation.

Update: I received the boards from BatchPCB on June 1. They look really good - photo below
Heli Hacker is offline Find More Posts by Heli Hacker
Last edited by Heli Hacker; Aug 26, 2010 at 10:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts