SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Rickyd863, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 15, 2010, 11:00 PM
USA, KY, Louisville/Jefferson County
Joined Feb 2010
30 Posts
Discussion
1st air time after crash

May 15, 2010
well, i thought today was the day to get the heli back in the air. or try to. I checked everything onthe heli and programed my 9303 that i had just got. I have a stand that i strap my heli to, so i can check everything out on it..I strapped the trex to the stand and binded it to the 9303. it went as smooth as silk. I tested all the servos and they seemed to work properly. I gave it a little throttle and noticed something wrong. It looked like my blades were not tracking evenly. i mean they were off by around a 1/2". I thought this was strange, as i had balanced the blades. So i decided to switch places with them and see what happens. They still tracked out by about 1/2". I then noticed that my main shaft was bent. So i took the head apart and replaced the main shaft. When i fired it up, i noticed the main gear was making a strange sound. I had not inserted the spacer onto the shaft in the correct place. i had put it between the main gear and tail gear. Popped the servo rods off swashplate and raised shaft and corrected this. I put back together and slowly advanced throttle. I noticed main tail gear was wobbling. In my opinion, this was too much, so i went through the same procedure and replaced it. I fired it up and the blades were still were not tracking correct. As i was taking the blades off, I noticed one of the grips had some play in it. I pulled the shaft, but as i was removing the first grip, the bearing next to the head unit, fell into the palm of my hand..That would be ok except it was in pieces. I almost thought it was a thrust bearing for a brief moment. Now i have 2 sets of bearings ordered the the grips and also a complete set from boca. While i anm waiting for them to arrive, guess I will have to choose which of my in-door heli's to play with. I have mcx s300, msr, cx3, and working on a cx2.. well, i favor the mcx for some reason... I went through this in around 4 hours today.. seemed like only minutes since i came into the shop. I like working on them but I want to fly one of these days...
until next time.
Rickyd863 is offline Find More Posts by Rickyd863
Last edited by Rickyd863; May 16, 2010 at 09:59 PM.
to remove ads between posts