to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:25 AM
Electric or Bust!
Mooresville, NC
Joined Mar 2008
1,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter-By View Post
Bob Glasa and I are planning on being there all day Saturday....and Scott...don't worry...you can fly my plane!

Jack
Thanks Jack!
skyjet is offline Find More Posts by skyjet
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:09 PM
Checkertail Clan
USA, IN, Anderson
Joined Jul 2009
523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan4169 View Post
Will you have planes for sale there?
If he does he'll probably be selling them out of the back of his truck considering what happened last year. If you have a color in mind you might want to see if he has one available.
325FGP is offline Find More Posts by 325FGP
Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:17 PM
Joined Nov 2011
935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325FGP View Post
If he does he'll probably be selling them out of the back of his truck considering what happened last year. If you have a color in mind you might want to see if he has one available.
Thanks for the post.
He PMed me earlier, so I am going to do some research and figure out exactly what I want and how much it will be. Then I will get in touch with him and see what we can do.
Logan4169 is offline Find More Posts by Logan4169
Last edited by Logan4169; Jan 27, 2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:36 PM
Joined May 2010
79 Posts
I have three new Flutter-By's available...(1) forest green, (1) yellow, (1) purple.

If you are attending E-Fest you can order one now and pick it up at E-Fest on Saturday the 9th and save shipping cost.

Contact me at jefsquared@gmail.com or 765-749-7580

Have a great day,

Jack
Flutter-By is offline Find More Posts by Flutter-By
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:30 AM
IWC
Joined Feb 2003
2,698 Posts
Flutter canard?
IWC is offline Find More Posts by IWC
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:31 AM
IWC
Joined Feb 2003
2,698 Posts
What about flutter canard?
IWC is offline Find More Posts by IWC
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:00 PM
Joined May 2010
79 Posts
The 39" standard Flutter-By is the only model currently in production.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:11 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
4,982 Posts
I am sorry to disappoint all my Flutter-By friends and owners, but going to E-Fest is just not possible this year. Financially I just don't have the money. I am trying to same some money for a very special project, so I won't be able to be there with Jack Frost, Bob, and all the other Flutter-By owners. I have about 1/3 of the money saved for my special project. I will have to find a part time job, since this economy is so terrible.

I have built a very inexpensive float plane I got at the JR Indoor. The Sea Monkey. I have flown it and it is nice. It is no Flutter-By in any means. It won't take much wind, which the Flutter-By will.

So I am sorry to inform everyone that I won't be at E-Fest. I would love to come. I even thought of driving down and back for Saturday, but the gas prices have skyrocketed. It was $3.18.9 and now it just hit $3.76.9 and I am sure before the end of February it will be closer to $4 a gallon. It would cost over $200 alone for gas, which is not in the budget now. I am able to get to one indoor event a year so far, so I choose the JR Indoor, since I like the venue so much. E-Fest is a good place to look and see and dream about what the next plane will be. My next project will be a secret until it is unveiled. I can assure you, it won't be small.

So Flutter-By friends, I am sorry I won't be there. Bob Glassa says it won't be a major event without me, but any event is still a major event without me. I just add a few laughs and that is it.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Flutter-By Lover
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Maiden Flight today.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:26 PM
Checkertail Clan
USA, IN, Anderson
Joined Jul 2009
523 Posts
Sorry to hear that you won't be there Orrin. I'll take a nap in your honor.
325FGP is offline Find More Posts by 325FGP
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:34 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
4,982 Posts
I really think that Bob will take a nap in place of me. He was fast asleep at the JR Indoor or was it I, anyway he said something and from what I understand, Jack didn't get the picture. I am sure that Bob will get some zzzz's while there.

I am sorry that I can't make it. I have about 1/3 of the money needed for my next project. If I sell some stuff, not airplanes, I will have more money, but I will pursue a part time job in order to fully fund my project.

Jack sent me a photo of his latest Flutter-By. It is outstanding.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred

Roads here are terrible. Snow covered, icy and the road commission is doing a great job considering how much the budget has been cut.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:52 AM
Joined May 2010
79 Posts
New Flutter-By Graphics

Get 'em while they are hot!

Name: NewFlutterByGraphics.jpg
Views: 61
Size: 5.5 KB
Description: Order yours now to be delivered at E-Fest!

Name: NewFlutterByGraphics2.jpg
Views: 57
Size: 5.5 KB
Description: Order yours now to be delivered at E-Fest!
Last edited by Flutter-By; Feb 05, 2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:24 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
4,982 Posts
Wow, Just keep getting better and better. Can't enlarge the photos, but I like what I see.

The evolution of the Flutter-By continues and they keep getting better and better.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Conehead; Feb 05, 2013 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Added thoughts or thought
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:36 PM
Joined Jan 2010
86 Posts
Doesn't Get Any Better Than This.......

Here is a little fun to remind us all of just some of the things we love about our Flutterbys ("Flutterbies?").

You all know I love Sunsets and my Flutterby. I also love my wife, especially when she sneaks up behind me and films a pretty moment. Sad to say, she took the video on her cell phone, but it turned out pretty decent and it was a flight that is fun to look back at. You can also check out the new lighting set up that Jack worked out recently.......... shows up pretty well, I think.

Enjoy.

Flutterby and Pelicans (3 min 38 sec)
bglasa is offline Find More Posts by bglasa
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:25 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
4,982 Posts
Very nice. New lights, the beach, you on your bum flying away. I was surprised that you didn't land the Flutter-By at your feet so you didn't have to get up and go pick it up. Oh well, maybe next time.

Nice lights. New lights are super.

I hope you brought that one home.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
RCG Plus Member