HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 11, 2012, 05:40 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,032 Posts
Nothing beats Hand Made by your Bride!!

Who would want a Conehead banner anyway?? Once you see one, you have seen them all.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred

Even Bob wouldn't want a Conehead Banner.!!!
Conehead is online now Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:29 PM
Joined Mar 2012
47 Posts
Quote:
Give it a couple of months Orrin and I'm sure Hobby King will have them... just like yours but cheaper.
But there won't be any instructions and you'll have to wait 5 weeks for it to arrive from Hong Kong in the mail, and then the box will be crushed......and the day after it does, it's in stock in the USA warehouse.

Pete1955 is offline Find More Posts by Pete1955
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:34 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,032 Posts
The banner is in process. My bride has it cut out, some of the sewing done. We are waiting for some scraps of fabric from Jack when he returns home. I believe that she will make one side with a Flutter-By on it and the other side will have The Flutter-Duck.

So while many may think that a banner can or will be gotten from Hong Kong and sans instructions, or if any, they will be with those funny little charcters, not making fun of their writing, all I will have to do is slip it on the banner holder and I will be good to go.

I was hoping it would be done before the JR Indoor, but who knows.

I do know I have sent in my registration to Terry, I am taking 4 Flutter-Bys. I will take a couple of micros and that will be it.

If you are close to Columbus Ohio, the JR Indoor is the first weekend in November, it is worth the trip and there is lots of flying time.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:54 PM
Checkertail Clan
USA, IN, Anderson
Joined Jul 2009
559 Posts
Planning on it. Hotel reservations are made, time off scheduled, waiting for a fresh batch of checks to arrive to send in the registration. Must remember to pack an extra motor stick this time in case I hit the target again.
325FGP is offline Find More Posts by 325FGP
Old Sep 28, 2012, 05:13 AM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,032 Posts
Looks like there will be only two Flutter-By pilots at the JR Indoor Dave.

You and Me.

Got my reservations, got my planes picked out, got my batteries, will get my ice cream ordered so I can have a snack Friday and Saturday, then I will be good to go.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:41 PM
Checkertail Clan
USA, IN, Anderson
Joined Jul 2009
559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
Looks like there will be only two Flutter-By pilots at the JR Indoor Dave.

You and Me.

Got my reservations, got my planes picked out, got my batteries, will get my ice cream ordered so I can have a snack Friday and Saturday, then I will be good to go.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
There is a small possibilty of two more Flutter-By pilots. I ain't a sayin' who though.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:31 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,032 Posts
I may get my banner by the time the JR Indoor comes around. Still in progress. I got a chance to see it tonight. Looks great, well one half of it. As soon as Jack sends fabric, I asked him for some scraps from Flutter-Bys so my bride could make a Flutter-By for one side and the Flutter-Duck on the other side. Now I have to figure out how to hang it on the banner pole I have.

No flying today. Started out nice, then the wind came up. I was unloading a trailer which had 3 cubic yards of dirt in it. Had to fill in ruts in the yard from the neighbors tree being taken down earlier this summer. So now I got to get grass seed, plant it and then hope I get some grass before winter.

Maybe tomorrow I will get a chance to fly. Full Moon coming. Float fly maybe, Flutter-By for sure.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:44 PM
Joined Mar 2012
47 Posts
I've had the last few days off, and managed to get 10-12 flights in on the Flutter-by.
I'm still playing with video cameras. I had two redtailed hawks somewhat curious in the FB. They didn't get too close.....but would fly in from wherever they were hanging out whenever the FB got airborne. I'll have to see if they show up in the videos somewhere. I think they were redtailed hawks......they appeared to be smaller than the FB, and I got the impression of some burnt orangish coloring on the tail feathers.

I kept waiting for them to get closer, or worse, attack the FB, but eventually they wandered off.
Pete1955 is offline Find More Posts by Pete1955
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:22 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,032 Posts
Have to dig out my Flutter-Bys to take to the JR Indoor. I am taking 4 of the 5 Flutter-Bys. I hope there is another one there. I like to take off, climb up towards the top of the Dome and then circle around and then come back down, trying to avoid all the other airplanes in the air. Landing is the most difficult since many people take off and land in the same area.

Will be a fun event. Especially the Night Flying.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred

Jack Frost won't be there. I was sad to hear that. He said he is going on a train trip, so I hope he has lots of fun.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 25, 2012, 02:18 PM
Checkertail Clan
USA, IN, Anderson
Joined Jul 2009
559 Posts
There will be at least one other there Orrin.

Sorry to hear Jack won't be making the trip. I suppose that means the other possible Flutter-By pilot won't be coming either. Oh well, more air for us!
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:47 PM
Joined May 2010
79 Posts
Don't be so sure gents....it is likely that a few more of us might show up! Hopefully we can pay at the door! And hopefully Orrin will save us a little space!
Flutter-By is offline Find More Posts by Flutter-By
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:15 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,032 Posts
I best save a couple tables. That can be arranged.

Oh wow, the Designer in Chief himself.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:00 PM
Checkertail Clan
USA, IN, Anderson
Joined Jul 2009
559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter-By View Post
Don't be so sure gents....it is likely that a few more of us might show up! Hopefully we can pay at the door! And hopefully Orrin will save us a little space!
Hope you can make it! We can probably talk Terry into a F-B overcast slot.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:19 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,032 Posts
We will have to save a table for the Flutter-Bys for a Saturday and a Flutter-By overcast would be a special event at the JR Indoor.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:38 PM
Checkertail Clan
USA, IN, Anderson
Joined Jul 2009
559 Posts
I ran into a young man named Jessie at a swap meet today in Converse IN, he was at E-fest this year with a Flutter-By. He's planning to be at JR also so we'll have another for the "overcast".