SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 02, 2012, 05:26 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,066 Posts
I got the wrong one on my wife's computer.

I goofed big time.
You are right Keith.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is online now Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2012, 05:33 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,066 Posts
How is this??

It is better.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2012, 07:04 PM
United States, NC, Jacksonville
Joined Feb 2005
269 Posts
That's it, buddy - I thought you'd like that one better!

Keith
LtColBryan is offline Find More Posts by LtColBryan
Old Mar 03, 2012, 10:13 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,066 Posts
I am in a parking lot sniping this connection sending this; No electric till 11:00 PM Monday night. Out last night about 8:30 PM

10-12 maybe more inches of heavy wet snow, we lost lots of arborvitae trees, lots of limbs down. Roads are now about decent. We are under a state of emergency, no one should be out.

Conehead
Orrin
eldred

can't type for a darn in the parking lot with the computer on the steering wheel. sorry for all the goofs, must be brain dead or something.

we got heat, we can cook, so we are good;.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 04, 2012, 06:51 AM
Checkertail Clan
USA, IN, Anderson
Joined Jul 2009
569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
I am in a parking lot sniping this connection sending this; No electric till 11:00 PM Monday night. Out last night about 8:30 PM

10-12 maybe more inches of heavy wet snow, we lost lots of arborvitae trees, lots of limbs down. Roads are now about decent. We are under a state of emergency, no one should be out.

Conehead
Orrin
eldred

can't type for a darn in the parking lot with the computer on the steering wheel. sorry for all the goofs, must be brain dead or something.

we got heat, we can cook, so we are good;.
Good luck, Orrin. Our prayers are with you and yours.
325FGP is offline Find More Posts by 325FGP
Old Mar 04, 2012, 08:56 AM
Joined Feb 2005
269 Posts
Orrin, you guys be safe up there. It sounds like you've got a real mess. Not only are we keeping you guys in our prayers, but the folks all over the different parts of the country that have been affected by the tornados as well. So many of them were rebuilding from last April's tornados only to have their new homes destroyed this week. When I see things like that going on all around us, it reminds me of just how much we have to be thankful for.

Orrin, we know what you're going through, as we've suffered the same fate at the hands of 7 hurricanes in last fifteen years. Although we didn't have electricity for days each time, at least we didn't have the cold to contend with like you guys. Stay safe, buddy, and let us know when your life has returned to some form of normalcy. It's only a matter of time before you'll be punching Flutter-By holes in the sky again!

Keith
Old Mar 04, 2012, 02:35 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,066 Posts
What we are going though is nothing like what those people in the south with tornados got.
We can live without power, while boring, it is doable. We got heat, we got light with small L E D lights that run on batteries, so now we are at our local pizza place, recharging computers, doing this and checking on other.

Thanks for the well wishes and prayers. There are many that are far worse than us. We got a lot of clean up coming, I ain't going to try til it warms up. Next week, about Wed, or Thurs, it is supposed to be warm and this stuff melts. Till then, we will tough it out.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred

Tuesday afternoon is the now projected time for the return of electric.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2012, 06:12 PM
Joined Feb 2005
269 Posts
Orrin, I hope everything is still going well with you and yours. You know, it's amazing how many things we take for granted in life, until we have to do without them.

During Hurricane Irene this past year, we were blessed to have only lost power for a few hours. That was great compared to being in the dark for almost a week in 1996 when Hurricane Bertha came roaring through, making landfall in our county.

The crazy thing with Irene was that we lost cable television for 4 days. I actually started enjoying NOT having the distraction after about the third day. Crazy, huh?

Keith
Old Mar 05, 2012, 07:50 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,066 Posts
I am researching generators. I don't know which to buy.

3000 Honda or 2 2000 watt ones.

Either way I can take them with me to the flying events if necessary.

Been a tough couple of weeks.

Tomorrow they say for power, but who knows, did some scouting today on my sled, couple of big trees down across a feeder line to us, so they have to go and then restring the wire. Then we may get power. I am just guessing.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred

42 degrees tomorrow, 50 on Wed. Rain coming, have lots of trees and limbs to cut up. Everything is frozen to the ground now.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2012, 09:47 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1 Posts
Generator

I bought a Honda 3000i due to a power failure last year. My research showed a place in Indiana had the very good prices. Unfortunately, circumstances dictated a local purchase. See wanna generator.com.

Skip Brown
Skip55 is offline Find More Posts by Skip55
Old Mar 06, 2012, 07:30 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,066 Posts
Thanks Skip.

Right now no phone other than cell phone since our land line is via the cable modem. We have a bundle, phone, cable, internet all in one. So our phone has lots of messages, but I don't know how to get them.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 06, 2012, 07:45 PM
Joined Feb 2005
269 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Skip.

Right now no phone other than cell phone since our land line is via the cable modem. We have a bundle, phone, cable, internet all in one. So our phone has lots of messages, but I don't know how to get them.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
That's the ONLY reason I have never done away with our regular land-line telephone service. During all the hurricanes we have endured for the past 15 years, and the numerous days without power, water and cable TV, we never lost a single day of telephone service. To me, that says a lot.

Keith
Old Mar 07, 2012, 12:18 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,066 Posts
At about 12:30 PM the lights came on here in Northern Michigan in our little corner of Michigan.

Internet is back up, clocks are up and running and the time has been set.

Life will return to somewhat normal, we have to sort through the freezer to see what is good and what goes.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 07, 2012, 06:58 PM
Joined Feb 2005
269 Posts
Quote:
At about 12:30 PM the lights came on here in Northern Michigan in our little corner of Michigan.

Internet is back up, clocks are up and running and the time has been set.

Life will return to somewhat normal, we have to sort through the freezer to see what is good and what goes.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
There was no reason for the food in your freezer to go bad! To hear you talk, it's cold enough there that you could have set your food on your porch and it would have stayed frozen! LOL

Keith
Old Mar 07, 2012, 07:23 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,066 Posts
Oh how I wish it were true Keith. Today it was 56 degrees, wind about 22 mph, gusts to about 40 mph, the electric line guys were working like mad to keep up.

Good News, the charriot didn't come for me or the food. Susan, my photographer went out to check on the freezers, both were cold, nothing had thawed, the turkey had a bit of defrosting on it, but it is safe to eat. She doesn't take chances.

Her new medicine kicked in this week, I was living with one nasty woman. She is diabetic and the new medicine would work, she would crash, no trips to the hospital, so she has now got it all sorted out I hope. One second she was fine, 5 minutes later her blood sugar would drop 100 points. Oh wow was that terrible.

She is much better.

Windy today, going to cool off tonight, then warm tomorrow and next week, warm as today.

So life is pretty good. Going to check on a car for her tomorrow, since the one she had was totaled by the insurance company.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred

Thanks everyone for your thoughts, we made it, looking at generators and one for flying event. I know what one I want for those. The one for the house will be bigger and louder, but we can muffle that one.
RCG Plus Member