SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 18, 2010, 09:17 PM
Joined Feb 2010
341 Posts
Well, just got home from a Hawaii Vacation and sent the rest of the cash to Mr.Jack. I am not sure what level of shipping service he uses to ship it but I hope to have it real soon!

Totally stoked!!!!

This is gonna be a hard wait!
Magnumb is offline Find More Posts by Magnumb
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2010, 08:16 AM
Joined Jan 2010
88 Posts
Advertising Campaign

Jack, I think Magnumb has just given you the "best" ad campaign idea you could want:

"Returning home from Hawaii doesn't have to be a bummer.............come home to a Flutter-By!"

Of course, multiple spin-offs on this theme are possible. For example:

"Sure, leaving New Jersey is it's own reward............but it's not enough....... you deserve a Flutter-By"
bglasa is offline Find More Posts by bglasa
Old Oct 19, 2010, 01:39 PM
Joined Feb 2010
341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bglasa View Post
Jack, I think Magnumb has just given you the "best" ad campaign idea you could want:

"Returning home from Hawaii doesn't have to be a bummer.............come home to a Flutter-By!"

Of course, multiple spin-offs on this theme are possible. For example:

"Sure, leaving New Jersey is it's own reward............but it's not enough....... you deserve a Flutter-By"
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Well played
Old Oct 19, 2010, 01:54 PM
Joined May 2010
79 Posts
"Now that you've won the SuperBowl.....what are your plans?"

"Duh....I'm going to buy a Flutter-By!"
Flutter-By is offline Find More Posts by Flutter-By
Old Oct 19, 2010, 05:57 PM
Checkertail Clan
USA, IN, Anderson
Joined Jul 2009
574 Posts
Now all we need are some celebrity endorsements.. maybe we can get Hoot Gibson on board....

Houston.. I need to land the shuttle now... my flutter-By is done!
325FGP is online now Find More Posts by 325FGP
Old Oct 19, 2010, 06:21 PM
United States, NC, Jacksonville
Joined Feb 2005
269 Posts
Lookin' for a new wife... someone to share the rest of my life with... must own at least one Flutter-By.

P.S. Applicants MUST include photo of Flutter-By(s)
LtColBryan is offline Find More Posts by LtColBryan
Old Oct 20, 2010, 03:15 AM
Joined Feb 2010
341 Posts
" our doctors specialize in the treatment of men with excessive Flutter-By disorder also known as EFBD. We pioneered our exclusive surgical technique called the Flutter-Bypass. Ladies, you can have your husbands back for only 4 easy payments or zero percent financing for 12 months; and remember, we haven't just treated EFBD, we are also clients"

Warning: side effects of treatment may include: Loss of joy, loss of libido, nervous twitches and facial ticks, a loss of concentration when aircraft fly overhead, a feeling of emptiness, thoughts of suicide or depression, lip numbness, excessive back hair, thickening of the brow. In some extreme cases loss of emotion, loss of several IQ points and an inability to pee straight have been experienced. If you experience any of these symptoms consult your doctor immediately. The Flutter-Bypass isn't for everyone so please speak to your doctor before undergoing the procedure. In a few studies the treatment has resulted in extreme death and cravings for split pea soup. If you experience extreme death contact your doctor immediately.
Last edited by Magnumb; Oct 20, 2010 at 03:25 AM.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 12:34 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,083 Posts
Today I got a day off from riding the lakes. Fun job, sometimes a bit nasty, but still fun. I make money to buy Flutter-By's and other airframes.
here are the pictures of the boxes I built for my Mini-Flutter-Bys.
I used bamboo skewers on the sides, bottom. Gorilla Glue, not the foaming kind for glue and then for the supports for the lids, I used Great Planes Foam Safe Glue. Other foam safe glue melted the foam. The Swiffers are in there to dust off the planes when needed.
The foam boxes weigh more than any of the Flutter-Bys, either full size or minis.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Conehead; Oct 20, 2010 at 12:58 PM. Reason: added image
Old Oct 20, 2010, 09:19 PM
If it flies, I can crash it.
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Joined Nov 2003
1,508 Posts
Conehead,
You are a man who truly loves your Flutter-By planes, the only thing missing in those boxes is a pillow.
I think I may start a little savings fund to be able to get a Flutter-By. A nice original and hardy plane that can fly in some wind.
sleb is offline Find More Posts by sleb
Old Oct 20, 2010, 09:29 PM
Joined Feb 2010
341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleb View Post
Conehead,
You are a man who truly loves your Flutter-By planes, the only thing missing in those boxes is a pillow.
I think I may start a little savings fund to be able to get a Flutter-By. A nice original and hardy plane that can fly in some wind.
Conehead is infectious....in a good way! you can tell he is passionate and you know it means there is something to these planes....

I totally agree, an original, hardy plane that can fly in some wind.....that's a great tagline right there. Hey Jack you might have a winner with that.

BTW glad to hear that while EFBD is real, it is a treatable condition! I think Conehead suffers from it. I think I am likely to suffer from it also.....I think the cure might be worse than the disease
Old Oct 20, 2010, 09:30 PM
Joined Feb 2005
269 Posts
Conehead, you're quite the craftsman... the boxes turned out great! Your craftsmanship abilities are exceeded only by your outstanding photography skills - it was truly amazing how you were able to capture the self-portrait in the final photograph without so much as raising you camera - AWESOME!
Old Oct 20, 2010, 09:38 PM
Joined Feb 2005
269 Posts
I can see it now... the next time I'm visiting the "Oh Canada" 360 degree show at Walt Disney World, while introducing to people of Canada, Martin Short will run clips of Magnumb flying his Flutter-By - that would be great!
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:02 AM
Joined Feb 2010
341 Posts
Ohhhhhhh Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtColBryan View Post
I can see it now... the next time I'm visiting the "Oh Canada" 360 degree show at Walt Disney World, while introducing to people of Canada, Martin Short will run clips of Magnumb flying his Flutter-By - that would be great!
HA! they can't afford me! hehehe. That would be fun, Canada's favorite passtime, watching magnumb fly his flutter-by, then wrestle a moose...then have a tree felling contest with a beaver, then spear fishing with loons....I can see it now, truly the Canada people where ment to see....or more to the point, the Canada US citizens think we are but really aren't

muuuhahahahaha!
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:09 AM
Joined Feb 2010
341 Posts
Look, I have to point it out, so fine was the craftsmanship that this literary artwork should not be ignored. My previous post about the Flutter-Bypass procedure was pure brilliance. Literary GOLD. The type of satire that producers the world over would beg for. Well....I have bequeathed it on the Flutter-By....given it wings to fly in the community of humor and aviation (even the remote kind). I should charge for this type of creative bluster.......

The above was a portrayal of an RC community Prim Dona.....shows at 6 and 9
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:13 AM
Joined Feb 2010
341 Posts
Conehead, that workmanship is excellent It's amazing how big the box needs to be for a mini. I am trying to conceptualize the size of box required for the full size. Quickly I came to the conclusion that it would be approximately "huge".

I like the foam idea, you could buy your self some time in a hot car with that for instance if you had to make a stop somewhere.

Well you have inspired me. I may have to design a flutter-by box to see just how big it would really be.