Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 14, 2010, 09:49 AM
Isaiah 40:31
Joined Mar 2006
1,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
I have had the double post problem now and then. I post something, it appears then disappears and almost by design, suddenly re-apears.

Yep Jack, now and then you write in invisible ink. but that is ok. We Flutter-By owners can see it anyway.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred

The lights Jack uses are the Cat's Meow. I have lights on mine, not Jack's, but the way Jack installs them, is great. By all means, get lights. At dusk outside or indoors for night flying, another whole experience opens up for all of us Flutter-By owners with lights on.
Thanks, Conehead - yeah, I agree; lights are the way to go, as my Night Vapor is a ton of fun to fly at dusk, especially w/ the still air. Just a great hobby, day or night!
Rare Bear is online now Find More Posts by Rare Bear
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2010, 08:44 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,026 Posts
Just remember, the Flutter-By will fly in a lot of wind. The Vapor needs almost still air. So the Flutter-By, with lights, in the evening and into dark is awesome. It is so neat to fly when it is almost dark and really super to fly at night, with a full moon. I have flown mine on the lake in the middle of winter, has to be middle of winter when there is ice about 8-10 inches thick. I snow blow a runway. What a hoot, everything is white, the moon is out there is the Flutter-By, just floating around almost effortlessly. Could be a UFO to some people. Not to me.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Oct 15, 2010, 08:13 PM
Joined Feb 2010
316 Posts
So, anyone have any new pics of the flutter-by???
Magnumb is offline Find More Posts by Magnumb
Old Oct 15, 2010, 08:59 PM
Joined May 2010
79 Posts
Have you seen the youtube video of my black one fying in the wind?

Jack
Flutter-By is offline Find More Posts by Flutter-By
Old Oct 15, 2010, 10:31 PM
Joined Feb 2010
316 Posts
Yup, about 30 times

When I get mine I will add to the content for sure, it's only fair after all! Gotta give new-to-flutter-by people lots to look at
Old Oct 16, 2010, 07:20 AM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,026 Posts
I looked on youtube, I reread this thread. I haven't found it. I must have missed it. Better look through this thread again.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 16, 2010, 08:03 AM
Eaton, Indiana
United States, IN, Granville
Joined May 2008
156 Posts
search on ytube for flutter-by rc or here
The Jack Frost Flutter-by (2 min 16 sec)
skyhawkdc is online now Find More Posts by skyhawkdc
Old Oct 16, 2010, 01:32 PM
Joined Feb 2010
316 Posts
Yeah, I've seen it 31 times now
Old Oct 16, 2010, 03:50 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,026 Posts
Thank you, all of you who posted the ytube video. I have seen the Black Flutter-By fly at E-Fest and at night at E-Fest. It is really neat.
I searched ytube and all I got was a bunch of junk. Nothing that I wanted to see.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 16, 2010, 05:49 PM
Joined Feb 2010
316 Posts
Quote:
Thank you, all of you who posted the ytube video. I have seen the Black Flutter-By fly at E-Fest and at night at E-Fest. It is really neat.
I searched ytube and all I got was a bunch of junk. Nothing that I wanted to see.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Yeah, I searched for hours for a Flutter-Duck video....nothin'
Old Oct 16, 2010, 07:58 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,026 Posts
The only video camera I have is a sony, which uses the old mini 8 tape. So you know how far out of date my video camera is. In fact i still have a Beta Max tape player.
I will have to get someone to tape my Flutter-By and Flutter-Duck. Not going to happen for a few weeks for sure.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 17, 2010, 04:57 AM
Joined Feb 2010
316 Posts
Quote:
The only video camera I have is a sony, which uses the old mini 8 tape. So you know how far out of date my video camera is. In fact i still have a Beta Max tape player.
I will have to get someone to tape my Flutter-By and Flutter-Duck. Not going to happen for a few weeks for sure.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Hehehehehe, I know, just couldn't resist the friendly poke
Old Oct 17, 2010, 08:15 AM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,026 Posts
I get poked every time I fly with the fellow in my flying club. Constant poking. They all laugh at me, make fun and carry on. Yet they all want to fly the Flutter-By. I fly the most unusual planes in my club. There are 3 ducted fan pilots. All the others fly regular planes yet the Flutter-By gets the most comments.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 17, 2010, 07:43 PM
United States, NC, Jacksonville
Joined Feb 2005
265 Posts
The Flutter-By is the plane I usually catch myself grabbing first! I flew over two hours today, and 1.75 hrs. of that was with my Flutter-Bys. The really neat thing about them is the fact that you can go from, "Thinking about flying" to being in the air in 30 seconds flat! As Larry the Cable Guy would say, "Git'r Done!"
LtColBryan is offline Find More Posts by LtColBryan
Old Oct 17, 2010, 07:55 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,026 Posts
I am going to the JR Indoor in Columbus Ohio in November, 5-6-7 2010 and I will take all my Flutter-Bys. Can't fly the Flutter-Duck, need lots of room, KIEF would be the place for that plane, but the golf dome is great for Flutter-By's. I almost always toss a Flutter-By in the air before anything else. So LtColBryan, you are 110% right.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
RCG Plus Member