HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 15, 2010, 03:43 PM
Joined May 2010
3 Posts
Discussion
Unionville Hobby Otter & Turbo Beaver

I recently obtained these kits (the Otter is a 6 foot span, the Turbo Beaver is 8 foot) and am looking for any advice from anyone familiar with them or the company that built them. I believe these models are rather old; perhaps from the 70's or 80's.
Recommendations as to radio gear, engines and props appreciated.
It's been a LONG time since I built or flew a model (like the 60's?) and saying I'm rusty is an understatement, so.... HELP!!!

Paul
Paul Elshoff is offline Find More Posts by Paul Elshoff
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2010, 03:36 PM
Central B.C.
Joined May 2008
77 Posts
[QUOTE=Paul Elshoff;15094756]I recently obtained these kits (the Otter is a 6 foot span, the Turbo Beaver is 8 foot) and am looking for any advice from anyone familiar with them or the company that built them. I believe these models are rather old; perhaps from the 70's or 80's/QUOTE]

Paul these kits are still available. They are manufactured in Canada by Unionville Hobbies and they are quite common. Most fly ins have at least one or two Unionville products in attendance.
I have the 6 Beaver(similar to your Otter) and I fly it with a Saito 65 FS.
I also have the Turbo Beaver that I fly with electric. However, a 90 to a 120 FS should handle it with more than enough power.
Hope this helps.
bear57 is offline Find More Posts by bear57
Old May 25, 2010, 09:25 AM
Joined May 2010
3 Posts
Thanks for the reply.
Paul Elshoff is offline Find More Posts by Paul Elshoff
Old Aug 05, 2010, 05:31 PM
Canada, NS, Dartmouth
Joined Aug 2010
1 Posts
Tons of info out there, and surprisingly, a lot of great colour schemes for them as well. I'm on my second Turbo Beaver, built the first one in Germany, in 92, while stationed there. I used an OS .60, covered in coverite fabric, then painted. This time, I'll use a Saito 4 stroke, but still the coverite and paint. Definitely doing the floats as well. Any questions, hey, let me know!
UAV Flyer is offline Find More Posts by UAV Flyer